Brian_05

Hi and a few ?????

Brian_05

Hi! My name's Brian, I'm a Virgo, my favorite color is plaid and I like medium walks at sunse . . . 

OH $#!+ . . . wrong forum . . . 

Haha . . . serious question and feel free to fill in . . . 

I read the History and this is more than likely the same old stomping ground . . . 

This probably goes back to 03, 04, 05, and I do remember a RWG, and getting some great reps from the then rare "trusty" sellers . . . 

I remember the board having problems with the guy that ran it . . . didn't remember the nick "Blade" though. I thought I remember the person was from Scandinavia, and one of the stories was something about him having to go in the military, obligatory in his country . . . also remember some back and forth about the RWG watch. I do remember it getting very weird, bouncing around to the other mentioned forum, but I thought the new one was named RWI. I know a large number of members ended up over there, and a lot of us would still came back to RWG and the forum here too. 

Here's another blast from the past . . . if I'm in the right place . . . 

There was a guy who was all but legendary for having, back then, the BEST OLD style Rolly Subs, very hard to get a hold of, and would pop in and out very sporadically . . .  but when he did, that was the rare opportunity to be able to acquire one of those gems . . . His posts almost always  were a bit odd and vague, but a handful of people were able to jump quick and latch on to a couple of them. After the first order, I remember him being really hard to get a reply from, and I thought a couple people got burned. If I also remember, RWI was up and running at that time, and he hit there too . . . which is kind redundant . . . but . . . This is weird, but I also remember somebody posting a pic of his actual brick and mortar . . . well . . . wood and siding . . . shop in China when they visited there . . . 

I enjoyed my time spent at these forums before, and am going to do some research and look for someone recommended that works on the watches with the Eta movements, a Sub and an Exp that need some work, and hopefully, the Sub can be saved if an old friend who thought he knew about watches didn't just trash it . . . 

AAaaaaahhh . . .

I checked the Trusted Dealer page . . . and kinda remembered King . . . and then . . . 

Narikaa  . . . use to have a great selection of the unusual Hi end reps, mostly quartz, but if you were looking for the unusual and unique . . . you go to Narikaa . . . 

River . . . had a stellar reputation before most caught on it was a good idea . . . 

Silix . . . Jay and Angel . . . really nice people, my first rep, an Exp . . . probably still have the pics they emailed me from there vacation one year . . . 

TRUSTY !!!! . . . yea, one from long ago . . . was around for a bit, then kind of vanished for a bit, but came back with their new website, his comments on the reps and what movement as part of the description, and one of the first to offer guaranteed water proof, and a warranty on the watch when you paid for a complete service, oil, gaskets on a new rep . . . 

Wow . . . snif, snif . . . I found my way home again . . . 

Edited by Brian_05
add material

Mike R

Lol, welcome home Brian-05.  Now wipe away those tears, put on your big boy pants and get to work, you have a lot of catching up and posting to do. :bananarider:  Giddyup! 

tabuktime

Well, an old timer, back to the fold. I'm sure the place isn't what it used to be (nothing ever is). Welcome back (?) to the 'new & improved' RWG.

FoxWilde

Quite an introduction! I'm glad you found your way back here!

BadApple

caa1807b5269ebd5b46364a86c598bff.png

greg_r

Welcome home, mate. There's still a few of us left from the old board, so you might see a familiar name or two :)

trailboss99

Welcome home. RWI is another board entirely, no direct relation except that of good neighbors. 

Adam123

in after the BOSS !

Welcome!