dallasdude77

BP Ultimate SeaDweller QC pic concern

dallasdude77

I just received my QC pics for the BP Utimate 126600 Sea Dweller.  I don't see any obvious issues (besides the not as good as ARF pearl) but the bezel looks like it's a click off and every single pic is at an angle.  I asked for another pic with the bezel lined up properly and taken from straight on instead of at an angle  just to make sure everything lined up properly before giving the go ahead to ship.  I don't think this is too much to ask but my TD was clearly put off.  After a couple of email exchanges he said he would try to arrange a new pic but it would be awhile due to the high volume of orders.  Am I wrong for asking for an additional pic?   I realize it's a rep and it's not going to be perfect but without a straight on pic, I can't even tell if the pearl is centered and if everything lines up properly.  Would you guys just accept it or wait for an additional pic?

Glaude

It's your order, you have to be sure that everything is fine. If you want another angle, it's perfectly fine, in that matter you only have to be nice with the TD.
On the other the TD has to put this in his schedule so it can take a little more time, perfectly understandable.

For now I don't see an issue with your purchase procedure, it doesn't seem that your TD is not going to provide you a new QC pics, so I'd say everything is fine for you and him.

McGilli
2 hours ago, dallasdude77 said:

I don't think this is too much to ask but my TD was clearly put off.  After a couple of email exchanges he said he would try to arrange a new pic but it would be awhile due to the high volume of orders.  Am I wrong for asking for an additional pic?   I realize it's a rep and it's not going to be perfect but without a straight on pic, I can't even tell if the pearl is centered and if everything lines up properly.  Would you guys just accept it or wait for an additional pic?

No it's not too much to ask. However, from my reading over time here - and this is one thing I'd love more insight into - some of the TD's take the pictures themselves - and some have a 3rd party take the photos. Just like I've heard that some TD's actually send the watch themselves - and some have a third party ship it off after QC.

Also - check out this thread I started just a short while ago - EXACT same issue as you:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/135052-about-the-angles-used-in-qc-photos/&tab=comments#comment-2042331