cvp3

Whole 'nother level to da' hobby

cvp3

Really this is turning into an addiction. The re-issue Timex Marlin really fucked me up. I'd really run to the end of my "want-train" on reps. Nothing out there that really appealed to me. Then I bought the Timex Marlin. Since then I've bought nearly 40 vintage hand-winders and HMT redials. At $10 to $30 it's like reaching into a fucking candy bowl of sweet goodness. Now I discovered a Japan-market-only Timex offering.......the Midget. This cost me 8 hours of web-searching and finally found a backdoor way to get these to the states. After "tricking" the Rakuten system to accept my order I began a 3 day dialog with a Japan-based seller. Really great service and communication, explaining that they've never had a US buyer before but they were determined to ensure I was a happy customer. 

Not for everybody at only 38mm, it's based on an Ingersoll pocket watch that was converted to a wristwatch for service in WWI.  RedWing convertible leather strap, crown enabled indiglo light..........I ordered both colors.   

71NOWVVlyxL._UL1500_.jpg

11325827_667594353371555_1632709830_n.jp

Xpletiv

Neat, and comes to about... $170? Er, that don't seem right.

cvp3

Yup, $175 actually.

McGilli

I have to admit that for me - with many things - it's the chase that I love. Sounds like you had/have a good chase going on here :) Good luck!

Piloten

Reading your post the second time through, I finally saw "indiglo". So, quartz, then.  Damn

Wingy

Interesting...Indiglo huh? always a light in the night LOL ...and a big crown...

38mm is not my usual, but hey they look good...keep us informed

cvp3

Love this picture........

22582014_128280464592709_715939570427887

cvp3

Here's a lume pic:

IMG_20171122_194420_01.jpg