WatchDog21

Steinhart -Hamilton or Glycine?

No longer Which bezel color, but which watch (updated 11/26)  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which Watch or bezel color would you choose ?

• Black
    • Blue/Red
    • Hamilton
    • Glycine
    • Stop asking us and just buy something.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/12/17 at 22:00

ElvisFreak
On 11/23/2017 at 05:09, tabuktime said:

Maybe not a diy project then.

one fact about the Steinhart inserts: they are installed with very strong adhesive and they are a bugger to remove.

Almost guaranteed you would bend or wreck the one you remove. They dont just click on and off...

Tits McGee
On 11/23/2017 at 09:04, WatchDog21 said:

It use to be that buying from Steinhart directly was usually close in price if not a bit less;  not no more!  660.00 euro is about $780 USD.  Gnomon has that watch for $706 USD - delivered DHL 3 Days to the U.S.!

I had set my spending limit to $550 so I will actually go over my limit but by only $10, but yes that is an eye catcher as well!  

That's the European VAT price. In the US that Steinhart is only $661.00 + $35.00 shipping = $696. Still $10 cheaper in the states than Gnomon. 

I've bought from both Steinhart & Gnomon. Direct from Steinhart is slightly cheaper.

I had that titanium too. Fantastic watch! Huge regret selling it.

ElvisFreak
3 minutes ago, Tits McGee said:

That's the European VAT price. In the US that Steinhart is only $661.00 + $35.00 shipping = $696. Still $10 cheaper in the states than Gnomon. 

I've bought from both Steinhart & Gnomon. Direct from Steinhart is slightly cheaper.

I had that titanium too. Fantastic watch! Huge regret selling it.

you mean the titanium GMT?

ocean_titan_500_neues_band_22x18.8.15024

love this one...they come up used and well priced

Tits McGee
4 minutes ago, ElvisFreak said:

you mean the titanium GMT?

ocean_titan_500_neues_band_22x18.8.15024

love this one...they come up used and well priced

That's not the GMT....... BUT was the watch I owned.  I really loved that raised crystal. 

ElvisFreak

Steinhart is increasingly becoming quite a company...their new offerings are less ''hommage'' and some are nice....

WatchDog21

and after all of this I may be wavering and leaning towards the Deep Blue Daynight TritDiver T-100 :facepalm:  I realize that it may not be a fair comparison to the Steinhart but the "Batman" is my biggest influence; I don't have one like it.  I have plenty of Pepsi divers and all black ones for that matter so at least from a "looks" perspective and the variety it will add to my collection it will be something a bit different.  

daynight-tritdiver-t-100-automatic-black

NFleischer
On 11/23/2017 at 10:04, WatchDog21 said:

It use to be that buying from Steinhart directly was usually close in price if not a bit less;  not no more!  660.00 euro is about $780 USD.  Gnomon has that watch for $706 USD - delivered DHL 3 Days to the U.S.!

I had set my spending limit to $550 so I will actually go over my limit but by only $10, but yes that is an eye catcher as well!  

I seem to remember buying direct from Steinhart I did not pay VAT. In that case, only 555 Euros.

Khronos

My experience with Steinhart ( I had 3 so far ) is that they don't wear well with those straight lugs. It looks awful on the wrist. And avoid their ceramic inserts, they look really bad in low light, the numbers disappear. I've never owned a Glycine, but Hamiltons are very well built watches.

cvp3

I went with the Hamilton Khaki Scuba. Love the look and it just wears right for me. The Glycines are too big, the Steinharts are just Rolex reps and Hamilton has its own style, unique movements and exhibition case backs. Love mine, picked up from Asford for $249 during the Black Friday sale.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by cvp3

WatchDog21

Decision made, a watch has been ordered 

TheTinMan

And?

McGilli
1 hour ago, WatchDog21 said:

Decision made, a watch has been ordered 

1 hour ago, TheTinMan said:

And?

Well - the poll is finalized on the first post - so - we know exactly which one he ordered - otherwise that would be crazy to submit a poll, have everyone vote - then go against the majority of voters ;) Still, in case there's a surprise in store, looking forward to it!

WatchDog21
29 minutes ago, McGilli said:

Well - the poll is finalized on the first post - so - we know exactly which one he ordered - otherwise that would be crazy to submit a poll, have everyone vote - then go against the majority of voters ;) Still, in case there's a surprise in store, looking forward to it!

I guess there is a surprise pending :giggle:. Results will be posted on Tue or Wed this coming week once it has arrived.

TheTinMan
I guess there is a surprise pending :giggle:. Results will be posted on Tue or Wed this coming week once it has arrived.

Is it:

b2cf834e9e8b97aa95e178d5bdf94a74.jpg

WatchDog21
28 minutes ago, TheTinMan said:

Is it:

b2cf834e9e8b97aa95e178d5bdf94a74.jpg

Sorry, but I do like it :thumbsup2:

WatchDog21

So here are the factors that helped make my decision,

1.  Already spent over 2k this year on watches

2. Just did an impulse buy of the Citizen EcoZilla

3.  Since I have several Pepsi divers I was not 100% sure on another

4.  I have a few black dive watches and wanted something still a bit different

5.  Could not resist the sales price of the one I bought, which was...

(at the last minute this jumped into the competition:)

Deep Blue Daynight TritDiver T-100 - 

20171220043846-52e867d3-xl.jpg

I did consider the Steinhart Ocean One titanium in the "Batman" color scheme but when I considered the price difference again (over $400), Deep Blue won this time around.