Sign in to follow this  
k4jun

BP SubC are not gen spec

k4jun

This is kinda warning.
BP makes marvelous dials, but if you ever thought about using Bp subc for the modding/frankening - just stop it.

I had some problems with this watch as bezel click-bolts had rusted during the swimming, which made the bezel click non functional. I bought the new noob bolts and the springs, so also used this opportunity for replacing fantasy BP bezel with the v7 bezel and insert.

I found v7 bezel+insert, even polished its scallops to make it more gen like.

So to the installation now.
It's possible to press v7 bezel on bp, but the bezel will not stay. It very easily pops-out.
At the first time thought it is because I didn't press it correctly, but not - it pops-our every fucking time.
I am not sure why is that, probably because stock bp bezel is smaller, more subtle, v7 is bigger and more massive perhaps v7 bezel makes bigger pressure and it pops up so easily. Don't know.
R9IVR9L.jpg

Also bp xtal/xtal gasket is not gen spec. You do not press xtal into the gasket - there is no notch for that. You just place xtal on the case, around of all that you place the gasket - pressed retainer ring keeps it all together.

So, I used a glue between xtal/case/retainer and this way achieved v7 bezel which does not pop-out.
Still gives me nothing becausee bp and v7 inserts are different. I do not mean different font here, I mean inserts' diameter are different. You may say impossible with the naked eye but trust me, they are different.
The biggest problem is bp xtal diameter is greater that inner diameter of v7 insert - so not possible to press v7 insert. You can press is one side, but not way for full installation - bp xtal just blocks the v7 insert.
tYM8YJF.jpg
GMGUgsr.jpg
AZqfIWu.jpg

And you cannot install bp insert into v7 bezel because bp insert is much taller.
NmQfutp.jpg

If we consider v7 as gen spec - bp definitely is not this spec, it is its own fucking headache spec.
Enjoy your BPs out of the box guys, modding makes not much sense.

Mr_B

I would of never expected them to be gen spec. Sales BS. 

GC

I always felt the BP SubC looked off, but Smoke over on RWI thinks they are the closest to gen spec. He’s the one who I thought would know best, but looks like my eyes didn’t deceive. 

k4jun
Just now, GC said:

I always felt the BP SubC looked off, but Smoke over on RWI thinks they are the closest to gen spec. He’s the one who I thought would know best, but looks like my eyes didn’t deceive. 

Their 114060 is closer to gen than V7. The case (rehaut, lugs, cgs), dial, hands, bracelet  - are good.

Bezel and insert are very bad, also clasp has nice shape, only complain it is polished.

Genius

Instead of all the fucking around trying to fit to the BP parts can you not get a noob mid case (and possibly caseback if the BP wont fit), add a Clarke crystal and then you basically do have the best sub, selling off the BP parts you have spare should make a decent dint into paying for this

deju

Glad you warned us that these things aren't gen spec :lmao:

In all honesty why are you patching this together, if you enjoy/ are capable of doing what your doing (which you are). Buy a noob and prowl online for cheap gen parts.      

ryaku

Thanks for sharing!

k4jun
57 minutes ago, deju said:

Glad you warned us that these things aren't gen spec :lmao:

In all honesty why are you patching this together, if you enjoy/ are capable of doing what your doing (which you are). Buy a noob and prowl online for cheap gen parts.      

Gen parts are on completely different budget level, even the cheaper parts;)

Here wanted to do the best of rep parts.