nav123

Which bretling navitimer?

nav123

Hi, first time poster, long time lurker. I have decided to take the plunge and buy a navitimer rep. 

I am looking for the high quality rep choices 

After doing some home work  it is shown that the bp navitimers are the best or that only applies to navitimer world gmt? 

which one would you guys recommend for getting nearest to gen as possible ?

I am looking at these:

https://www.intime01.co/breitling/1587-navitimer-gmt-ss-blue-bp-1-1-best-edition-a7750-.html

http://www.pf-818.com/watches/breitling/navitimer-b01/bln01-098-navitimer-01-ss-ss-grey-stk-asian-7750-28800.html

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_143&products_id=12299

Also,  is this good quality? Love the grey navitimer dial

http://www.tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_29&product_id=2259

greg_r

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

iabounty

We should generally discuss this but it's so much like who makes the best sub, I'm gonna pass.................:picard:

Glaude

All of the link you showed are pretty much very close to the gen.
Tell us why you want them so close to the gen ? 

For the vast majority of people, those watches in the links will look gen, if that's what you are after.

Buy the watch you like, not the one the others will like !

And you should introduce yourself in the adequate section, you'll get more positive response to your future requests.

nav123
4 hours ago, Glaude said:

All of the link you showed are pretty much very close to the gen.
Tell us why you want them so close to the gen ? 

For the vast majority of people, those watches in the links will look gen, if that's what you are after.

Buy the watch you like, not the one the others will like !

And you should introduce yourself in the adequate section, you'll get more positive response to your future requests.

Well I want something close to the gen, due to can't justify spending what the gen retails for, I'm honest to people, if I wear a rep I will tell them lol. 

I also would like to play around with calculations on the bezel, I could get a speedmaster gen, but still spending over a £1000 is not sensible in my mind 

Much appreciated 

Glaude

Yes but why caring much about very very small detail that only a watch connoisseur will notice on your wrist ?
See my Navitimer review here : 

I don't think anyone without opening the watch, looking at it with a caliper could say that this is a rep, and the rep you linked are all in the same veins, you are better since all the subdials are working (don't play too much with it though, the 7750 can be fragile).
As for the calculation with the bezel, well it depends on mine the bezel is very stiff, I don't intend to play with it for now, I'll certainly have to do something about it to make it smoother, but you can have a hard to turn bezel on the rep and the gen.

As for spending money on a gen, it's up to you, nobody can tell you what to do with your money, but you have to understand that so close a rep can be to the gen, it's not the gen !

Left Coast Guy

The story with Navi's is always the same -- you can either get a normal functioning 7750 with a "sunken date wheel" or you get the flush date wheel and the minute counter is frozen. Pick your poison. 

Glaude
15 minutes ago, Left Coast Guy said:

The story with Navi's is always the same -- you can either get a normal functioning 7750 with a "sunken date wheel" or you get the flush date wheel and the minute counter is frozen. Pick your poison. 

If he goes with his links, that's a rep of the Heritage version of the navitimer, with a normal 7750 dial placement, no sunken date wheel, all working dials. Pretty damn close to the gen.

But otherwise for the more "classic" Navitimer you very well summed it up : pick your poison, I prefer a non-sunken date wheel.