bhduck

Trusted dealer / cracked bevel

bhduck

Hi

I’m hoping for advice on what reasonable expectations should be with regards to a repair issue that’s come up with a TD (I won’t be naming them here as hopefully they’ll just resolve the issue)

- The 12 o’clock marker on my Rolex DSSD fell off, so I paid the original TD to repair it. Posted it off... waited several months... finally got it back... but now it has a cracked bevel and a pretty obviously poor job done in the marker (it was shipped back with QA pics).

- I can’t sell the watch for the cost of a replacement in its current state and understandably aren’t wild about going through the 4 month process of risking another repair when this first effort has been so poor.

What do others think I should reasonably expect the TD to do? Pay for a new bevel?

Cheers, A

591a9b4991a8cb7abecdb153638c6e34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFleischer

Ask them to send you a free replacement BEZEL.

McGilli
1 hour ago, andrewgmiles said:

- The 12 o’clock marker on my Rolex DSSD fell off, so I paid the original TD to repair it. Posted it off... waited several months... finally got it back... but now it has a cracked bevel and a pretty obviously poor job done in the marker (it was shipped back with QA pics)

I am just wondering what you mean by this - like - there were QA pics in the package with the watch when it returned?

Anyways I'm wondering if in this situation the TD even saw the watch after it had been 'repaired' or was it just shipped back to you by someone else once the work was done....

At the least, as stated I think a replacement bezel would be offered to you.

dirkhunt

Agree, whoever repaired that should replace your bezel, bad they sent back like this.

Genius

In that situation they have already admitted liability and then sent you a fucked watch.

IMO a fair resolution would be to send a new bezel with the intsert fitted then its an easy swap for you to do at home..... 

BUT

Remember you are dealing with china their definition of "fair", "reasonable" or "after sales service" are completely different to the west

McGilli

OP - ALSO - you could send an email to an Admin here - even point them to this thread.

Give them a heads up what is going. Let them know you are still dealing with this - but you might require assistance soon, but hopefully not.

bhduck

Thanks for the advice all.

I’ve emailed to request a replacement bevel be sent...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thommo82

BEZEL