selur

Help fixing my... and possible part Please help

selur

Good day

I bought watch from TT and I was happy with the quality apart from I felt the bezel was not bright, and Andrew send me another one (good services)

New one is the top one...
mynd-1-6.jpg

I some how managed to take the bezel off, but for the life of me I can not get it back on the watch...

while trying to get it back on I seem to have damaged the plastic ring that goes inside the bezel (on the back)
mynd-1-5.jpg

(and while trying the second hand fell off, I will just get watch maker to fix that)
mynd-1-4.jpg

So here comes my call for help.

1. can someone point me to where I can buy the plastic ring (gasget)

2. How can I put the bezel on again ?

BW

Mr. Selur

PS: sorry for the Smudge fingerprint on the watch. ;-9

Edited by selur

GenTLe

Have you measured (and I mean PRECISE measure) the 2 inserts? They are probably coming from different watches (factory) and that's the reason the second doesn't fit in the first one bezel...

About that gasket: these ones? https://www.ebay.ie/itm/161620824457

ryaku
On 11/28/2017 at 01:25, GenTLe said:

Have you measured (and I mean PRECISE measure) the 2 inserts? They are probably coming from different watches (factory) and that's the reason the second doesn't fit in the first one bezel...

About that gasket: these ones? https://www.ebay.ie/itm/161620824457

He received a spare new insert and he managed to fit the inset in the original bezel.
He cannot fit the bezel back.
Probably there's a problem with the gasket.

Given the fact that the sec hand fell off, I would suggest to send the watch to someone experienced unless you know what you are doing

TRANSPORTER

I've recently had the same problem doing work on a customers watch, absolute nightmare!! Tried so many gaskets,ptft tape etc etc, finally managed to find a suitable gasket in my local smiths stock but it took ages, wish I'd seen that ebay seller before. I fitted the gasket to the bezel first then slid the bezel  over the crystal,  but be aware the unless it is a perfect fit then the bezel will fall off as it's only a friction fit.

As for the second hand that's a movement out job and refit mate ok