WhatsUp?!

Movement Identification and Broken Stems

WhatsUp?!

Thanks to this wonderful forum, for the given opportunities.

I have two watches, where both stems and crowns broke (with no external force). In order to repair these watches I would like to know which movements they contain.
With a lot of patience I managed to remove the movements from their housing.

Is/are this/these ETA?
How can I recognize them?
Where can I buy spare parts?
What parts do I exactly need?
Is the stem and crown ONE PIECE? or TWO PIECES assembled together? ==> Which one's right? 
Which hands do fit in this particular model?

I payed a lot of money for these watches. So that's why i wanna keep them, but also because of their absolutely trustworthiness, regardless this inconvenience.

Thank all of you!

AP: https://postimg.org/gallery/36fom2yt2/

PP:  https://postimg.org/gallery/1q981227q/

Edited by WhatsUp?!

GenTLe

Both low end 21j. The Patek is a DG2813. Don't know the AP

Nikosaldente

Listen to GenTLe, he's the man!

NCRich

You just need a tap 10 stem extender to fix the AP  You don't need a whole stem.  I don't know what you broke on the Patek, but if the stem is broken inside the crown you can dissolve it by soaking it in an alum solution and then using an extender to fix.  Alternatively you can just buy two 2813 stems but you'll have to clear the Patek crown if it is indeed broken inside.

WhatsUp?!

Thank you for your help guys

tonyh7

Gentle and NCrich know their onions! Just add you need to be careful not to fuck the keyless works up when fitting a new stem. If your're not confident find someone who is. 

GenTLe
4 hours ago, NCRich said:

You just need a tap 10 stem extender to fix the AP  You don't need a whole stem.  I don't know what you broke on the Patek, but if the stem is broken inside the crown you can dissolve it by soaking it in an alum solution and then using an extender to fix.  Alternatively you can just buy two 2813 stems but you'll have to clear the Patek crown if it is indeed broken inside.

I also got good results with vinegar instead of alum. It takes more time (a 7750 stem in my Hublot crown took 10 days, keeping the crown within vinegar in a closed jar at around 22°C constant) but it's safer because less aggressive :) But I don't know how it can react with the spring of the crown in case of a screw-down one.

NCRich
17 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

I also got good results with vinegar instead of alum. It takes more time (a 7750 stem in my Hublot crown took 10 days, keeping the crown within vinegar in a closed jar at around 22°C constant) but it's safer because less aggressive :) But I don't know how it can react with the spring of the crown in case of a screw-down one.

Good note about the spring.  Alum is pretty aggressive.  Chlorine bleach will also dissolve a stem.

Genius
36 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Good note about the spring.  Alum is pretty aggressive.  Chlorine bleach will also dissolve a stem.

Just googled alum....

Screenshot_20171201-211124.png

Glaude
16 minutes ago, Genius said:

Just googled alum....

Screenshot_20171201-211124.png

@Thommo82 Could be usefull !

Thommo82
36 minutes ago, Glaude said:

@Thommo82 Could be usefull !

@narikaa has a cream for this 

Glaude
13 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

@narikaa has a cream for this 

Go organic mate, you know today's modern stuff, with all the chemicals and shit...

McGilli

Taste and Aroma: Alum Powder is not used for its flavor, but for its chemical properties in pickling and baking. 

Yeah - go natural - just shove some pickles up there.