michaelm

Rolex Explorer 1 JF V2 (214270 ) from Trusty (Short order review and Pics)

michaelm

Today i received my Explorer 1 from JF with Asia Clone 3132.
I ordered the watch together with a rolex cellini for my wife. The qc pics of the first watch showed a misaligned face, so i asked for another watch.
I approved on 15.11 and the watch came in today 01.12. in germany - overall a fast experience.

Everything seems to be fine. But i checked the watch with my timegrapher app on the ipad and the findings are not top of the notch:
Beat error 0.5ms, amplitude 258°, Rate +32sec.

Should i bring the watch to a watchsmith for cleaning and oiling? Or is it the first time after sending and the watch will regulate itself a little bit?
Maybe my ipad micro is not good enough to hear the voices of this watch (they are very silent).

Here are some images of the beauty:

_dsf8242.jpg

_dsf8258.jpg

_dsf8265.jpg

_dsf8274.jpg

_dsf8278.jpg

Glaude
21 minutes ago, michaelm said:

Everything seems to be fine. But i checked the watch with my timegrapher app on the ipad and the findings are not top of the notch:

Should i bring the watch to a watchsmith for cleaning and oiling? Or is it the first time after sending and the watch will regulate itself a little bit?
Maybe my ipad micro is not good enough to hear the voices of this watch (they are very silent).

@McGilli is having good result with his app, with the same app as him I'm having completely out of range result on my watch, like +2min/day (in reality I'm closer to +7sec/day max) so be careful with the results of such app.
I've read somewhere on this forum that the watch will settle in after a bit and you'll be able to really tell her timing, but don't know much about that.

As far as mics, the iPad mics are not top notch, far from it even !

Anyway, thank you for your review and nice pics ! Enjoy your watch !

McGilli
2 hours ago, michaelm said:

But i checked the watch with my timegrapher app on the ipad and the findings are not top of the notch:

That's a great looking watch!

You don't mention if you've removed the back and tried adjusting the watch yourself? I don't think oiling and cleaning will help if it's not adjusted properly which just takes a few seconds per adjustment - and a little trial and error. If you're confident in your app - you should be able to have the watch keeping great time in just a couple minutes.

michaelm

No, i didnt remove the back. i have the tools to do so but not the knowledge to do the right thing. is there a tutorial for adjusting a explorer 1 anywhere?

noneoftheless it wont do anything to amplitude and beat error.

roberto

That's a great and very clean looking watch.  Nice. 

michaelm

i just found some info that regulating a 3132 is not as easy as doing so for an eta. there are Microstella screws and you need a special tool to adjust them.

is there anybody who dan confirm this?

https://www.minus4plus6.com/regulation.php

the_frenchman

They’ve made a timegrapher app that is reliable.....?   Shit , i need to come around here a bit more often :lol:

McGilli
44 minutes ago, michaelm said:

i just found some info that regulating a 3132 is not as easy as doing so for an eta. there are Microstella screws and you need a special tool to adjust them

Ouch! Sorry - I thought it was a 2836 modified to look like a 31xx movement. Someone who knows for sure will chime in soon :) 

GenTLe
i just found some info that regulating a 3132 is not as easy as doing so for an eta. there are Microstella screws and you need a special tool to adjust them.
is there anybody who dan confirm this?
https://www.minus4plus6.com/regulation.php
That's the gen one. I think the Asian one has the standard regulator.
Still... Without a proper timegrapher and some practice it isn't THAT easy to regulate a watch: 1/10mm movement on the regulator means like 20/30sec/day difference!

FoxWilde

There are apps where you can measure the accuracy by recording its time over a 12 hour period and seeing the time change. The one I use is Toolwatch. Try tuning the spring by removing the caseback

Explorr

Hallo Michaelm,

bought a Speedmaster Professional manual handwind about two weeks ago, The QC pics indicated that the watch will go 11sec per day fast. Have worn it the whole time and lo and behold, it's so accurate I did not have to set it during that period. Maybe just wait and see, because it runs differently when it's got body temperature.

Grüße

E.

Explorr

And by the way - this is a fantastic watch, have the pre Basel 2016 version and am very happy with it.

Wear it in good health!

OLDBLOKE74

That is a lovely Watch 

messing about with it to get better accuracy will end in tears 

Mr_B

Looks great mate, probably down to the great pictures! 

petrescualex

Did the TD use triangular shipping for germany? If so, do you get 2 tracking codes?

Thank you,

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Explorr
2 hours ago, petrescualex said:

Did the TD use triangular shipping for germany? If so, do you get 2 tracking codes?

Thank you,

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't know if the TD used triangular shipping, but I am located in Germany, too, and have ordered from Joshua at Perfect Clones. He ships triangular. But habe also ordered from M at Marvellous Replica who sent it directly with DHL, worked also.

fabbe79

Great review! I bought a cheap explorer I, a V1 noob i think with non lumed numbers and I love the look. So I was thinking to upgrade to the 2016 version and I cannot decide if sh movent or 2824-2? Also I was wondering if there could be a 904 steel coming?