Sign in to follow this  
Monkey_Business

Gen Valjoux 7750 for under 1k$

Monkey_Business

Hey there! 

I don't know what knowledge you may already have of Massdrop, but from time to time they offer some quite great watches at an affordable price. They range from automatic Seiko's to Breitlings. (Yes, genuine Breitlings).
Last month I bought a Victorinox chronograph with a genuine swiss mechanical movement for a ridicolous price. 

They're at it again, this time with a GEN ETA 7750 Valjoux powered watch. (Link below)
Hamilton Jazzmaster Automatic Chronograph

I won't be buying this myself, as I physically can't fit more watches in my two-story watchbox and winder, but I thought that maybe some of you guys would be interested. 
The watch retails for 1865$, but is sold for 999$ on Massdrop. I've searched a bit, and I have not found a better price yet. 

hamilton-jazzmaster-automatic-chronograp

For those of you that don't know, Massdrop organizes "group purchases" where a bunch of guys go together and buy stuff at reduced price. 
This particular watch needs at least three buyers to actually be sold, and if three buyers have paid for it, it'll be shipped at December 27th.  In other words, you won't get it before the beginning of January. 
I just bought a Victorinox Ambassador Chronograph with a genuine mechanical ETA chronograph, and I love it.

A good A7750 replica will cost you 5-600$, and is prone to breaking - At any time. Chip in some more dough, and get a mechanical chronograph that'll last you a lifetime.