Moondustesp

Noob V7 Submariner 116610LN

Moondustesp

Had my noob V7 a good few months now. It’s the sa3135 version which touch wood has been faultless. Maybe because it was sent straight to Rolie for a once over. Rotor is silent, winds lovely and only gains a few seconds a day. I lubed the bracelet which definitely made a difference and the watch has great gen like feel to it. Visually the watch is very very well done and finish is superb. The only criticism of this watch is how dark the platinum colour is on the insert. Overall I cannot see how anyone would be disappointed with one of these they are definitely a Super rep. Even “non” rolex guys like these. Whats next? Enjoy it, this watch is perfect for any occasion and one of the most comfortable watches around. I would love to install a genuine insert and crystal to really bring the watch to the next level but i really really don’t want to get into collecting parts for a sub c franken as things will get out of hand and before I know it Ive blew half the genuine price on some parts I hope are real. Anyway a few pics http://2296_B83_A-176_A-454_D-864_E-_A0_EFC8_AF http://1_DDF5_B5_A-40_E6-4_FC3-_BE5_A-093_A3_E3

Glaude

Thank you for this review ! 
You're right, I'm a non-Rolex guy and this is a beautiful watch !

For the dark platinum, maybe doing as Nikosaldente did, seems easy and quick : 

Moondustesp
15 minutes ago, Glaude said:

We’ll see maybe :)

McGilli

I never used to be a fan of Rolex - but the more time I spend looking at a watch like this - I can see why it has built such a following and inspired so many other brands... Very handsome.

incognito2226

Hello, I am wondering where you purchased this watch? 

Nikosaldente
On 3/12/2017 at 23:52, Glaude said:

Cheers:D

Griffo

Beautiful watch. Is it just me or do the platinum numbers look lighter/better on this one than others? New V7s perhaps?

Hinclimincli
On 13/12/2017 at 15:34, Griffo said:

Beautiful watch. Is it just me or do the platinum numbers look lighter/better on this one than others? New V7s perhaps?

There's been some discussion about new batches of these, some use the V7s nomenclature (as used before on the V6 and V6s), and some are using V8 (which is not, as it's the same watch). Probably NOOB has been using different suppliers for the inserts and some of them are slightly brighter, but none of them bright enough.

To be fair, the numerals brightness change dramatically according to the kind of light. With artificial light and on dark environments they look reeeally dark (essentially grey), whereas on natural daylight they look fine.

There are several good tutorials on how to paint the numerals to get them slightly closer to the genuine colour. And there's a guy over at RWI that performs a similar process to what Rolex does, platinum-coating the numerals with incredibly good results.

(Alternatively, @ROLIE painted the bezel on mine and it looks awesome)

britain4
On 03/12/2017 at 21:52, Glaude said:

Exact same method I used on mine, it is indeed quick and easy to do, not the most durable but quick as a flash to redo it when it needs it :D

Moondustesp

Still loving the watch and still running like a champ but the bezel numbers are doing my head in so it may be off to @Rolie for some bezel number painting at some point. 

black263
On 10/12/2017 at 20:19, incognito2226 said:

I'm guessing it was from a Trusted Dealer, as they can all get it.

Teenyweeny

Nice watch.... this is on my next new acquire list ... but the launch of ARF 904 Daytona... hmmmmm makes me rethink on sub

By the way, how can I know that the watch is noob if anyone showed me their piece and tells me it’s noob v7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mancster

I think I should have gone for one these! 

Moondustesp
On 10/12/2017 at 20:19, incognito2226 said:

A TD. 

On 13/12/2017 at 15:34, Griffo said:

I was told it was a V7s from TD but numbers still look dark to me. Does the V7s exist?

Hyw3

Beautiful watch 

noobslayer

pics dont work