lucky.watch

return seized by chinese customs id required.

lucky.watch

Hi All

I have a bit of a dilemma, I purchased a watch from a TD here and was authorized to return it as it had an issue.

I sent it via DHL and it has been seized by Chinese customs requiring the recipient to provide ID and authority to release the TD naturally has refused to do so as its risky.

Now DHL have said they will return it to me but I must provide photo id (drivers licence, passport etc) to Chinese customs.

Should I do this or have I lost $350usd worth of watch.

what am i risking for a single replica.

ShovelnTC

Your TD will sort this, just refer back to them, don't give your info to any authorities.

lucky.watch

unfortunately the TD has said he cant get it released and wont provide Chinese customs with the paperwork.

omegex
51 minutes ago, lucky.watch said:

unfortunately the TD has said he cant get it released and wont provide Chinese customs with the paperwork.

Seek advice from one of the mods on here and see if anything else can be worked out.

narikaa

Unless you are planning your next vacation in China, whats your worry?

At the wildest stretch of the imagination what they gonna do (especially as Charlie Chan has retired)? send it back with a "this contains a fake" sticker ?!

and in any eventuality why couldn't you play the "I sent a: (gen / hundred dollar bill / gold bracelet / whatever) and those Chinese barstards switched it for this lousy watch...where do I claim?" card

2 hours ago, omegex said:

Seek advice from one of the mods on here and see if anything else can be worked out.

& see if you can sort anything about your inappropriate forum name :giggle:

lucky.watch

Lol at this very funny :)

What I'm worried about is them reporting me to the rights holder or local customs in Australia where the penalties for importing counterfeit goods are supposedly quite harsh.

I get your point though that how do they prove that's what I posted.

narikaa

Or that you posted it

Glaude
2 hours ago, lucky.watch said:

What I'm worried about is them reporting me to the rights holder or local customs in Australia where the penalties for importing counterfeit goods are supposedly quite harsh.

I don't think there's any form of communication between custom services around the word for small goods like that, not a pro-active form at least (aka they won't bother sending the info, eventually they will respond to a question asked by a foreign custom service, but I think that's all)

2 hours ago, lucky.watch said:

They prove what you posted by showing what was inside the box, you'll have to prove next that this wasn't in before.

1 hour ago, narikaa said:

Or that you posted it

Well, if he sends his info, he sort of prove it, but I don't see that as a very big risk

McGilli

I bet they are hoping no info is provided and you 'lose custody' of the watch - they probably have it all worked out how they're going to go and sell it down at the market and go for drinks...

Glaude
24 minutes ago, McGilli said:

I bet they are hoping no info is provided and you 'lose custody' of the watch - they probably have it all worked out how they're going to go and sell it down at the market and go for drinks...

That DHL/Chinese watch mafia ! Screw them ! :D 

lucky.watch

So it sounds like the advice is provide Chinese customs with my photo id and hope they don't tell Australian customs that I've shipped counterfeit goods. 

backup plan is to say I didn't know it was counterfeit or that I did know it was counterfeit and I was returning it for a refund.

Glaude
51 minutes ago, lucky.watch said:

So it sounds like the advice is provide Chinese customs with my photo id and hope they don't tell Australian customs that I've shipped counterfeit goods. 

backup plan is to say I didn't know it was counterfeit or that I did know it was counterfeit and I was returning it for a refund.

Something along those lines.
But do what you are comfortable to live with, if you don't want any trouble, then you to take *insert rep price here" and call it the price of mind tranquillity.

ShovelnTC

It may be OK for some but I don't provide my photo ID unless it is something essential.

And by the way I don't know what you have heard about Aus customs but I haven't heard of anyone being pinged for importing one watch.

I did read where a woman was found with hundreds of fake handbags and she got a fine of a couple of hundred dollars but the authorities did keep her handbags!:rolleyes:

lucky.watch

DHL have said provide photo id and the following format letter to them to give to GuangZhou airport customs or have the article abandoned.

The format of RTO letter is as below:

======

To :  GuangZhou  Airport Customs Office
DHL  AWB : ############

Dear Sir:

Herewith we/ I would like to request your favour to approve the return of the above the package ############ through DHL courier.
The name of item (wristwatch), quantity (one), description (color black), value none (broken).
The reason for this return is because it was sent without repair authorization, and the receiving agent is unable to repair.

We sincerely look forward to your consideration and investigation for this shipment.

Thank you very much!

Signature, Stamp

------------

Glaude
23 minutes ago, ShovelnTC said:

It may be OK for some but I don't provide my photo ID unless it is something essential.

And by the way I don't know what you have heard about Aus customs but I haven't heard of anyone being pinged for importing one watch.

I did read where a woman was found with hundreds of fake handbags and she got a fine of a couple of hundred dollars but the authorities did keep her handbags!:rolleyes:

Generally speaking, I agree with you, the less you communicate, especially identity-wise, the better you are in the long term, here I don't see a big risk but being used to Photoshop I surely would have provided a completely but believable fake ID with only the correct name and address (they already have it) in this situation.
They have no way to verify (even nowadays photo verification is a process only done by the eye in customs).

For the Aus custom, I'll speak as a foreigner, I've always believed, read and heard (not much of a good source I admit it) that Aus custom where the strictest in the world.

11 minutes ago, lucky.watch said:

DHL have said provide photo id and the following format letter to them to give to GuangZhou airport customs or have the article abandoned.

The format of RTO letter is as below:

======

To :  GuangZhou  Airport Customs Office
DHL  AWB : ############

Dear Sir:

Herewith we/ I would like to request your favour to approve the return of the above the package ############ through DHL courier.
The name of item (wristwatch), quantity (one), description (color black), value none (broken).
The reason for this return is because it was sent without repair authorization, and the receiving agent is unable to repair.

We sincerely look forward to your consideration and investigation for this shipment.

Thank you very much!

Signature, Stamp

------------

That's a rather weird looking message, have you sorted out something with the mods and your TD ?
Never heard of a repair authorisation, is anybody on the forum ever head of that ?

solitudex

"You ordered a Swiss label watch from China and you were expecting it to be genuine?" They might just question your backup story.

Or maybe they just want your ID to send you a letter of commendation for supporting their economy of shady businesses.

Banter aside, it's an awful situation to be in. Just hope that you can get your watch back safely!

ShovelnTC
6 minutes ago, Glaude said:

For the Aus custom, I'll speak as a foreigner, I've always believed, read and heard (not much of a good source I admit it) that Aus custom where the strictest in the world.

Try to import any type of weapon, drugs, prohibited food or flora/fauna and you'll be in hot water but a single item of jewelry will rarely get interest from the customs guys in Aus.

lucky.watch
26 minutes ago, Glaude said:

That's a rather weird looking message, have you sorted out something with the mods and your TD ?
Never heard of a repair authorisation, is anybody on the forum ever head of that ?

That was simply me putting a reason for the item to be returned to me (its a template letter supplied by customs to DHL and given to me, i had to fill in some sections). 

There have been a few issues with the watch and the TD agreed for it to be returned. it didn't make it to him and customs first asked him to sign for it to be released, he naturally refused and DHL have asked if i will now sign for it.

RUSH2112

There no way in hell im giving my ID to anyone related to shipping replica watches anywhere.  If it were me I’d rather lose the money

Glaude
9 minutes ago, lucky.watch said:

That was simply me putting a reason for the item to be returned to me (its a template letter supplied by customs to DHL and given to me, i had to fill in some sections). 

There have been a few issues with the watch and the TD agreed for it to be returned. it didn't make it to him and customs first asked him to sign for it to be released, he naturally refused and DHL have asked if i will now sign for it.

I strongly recommend you to PM a mod and ask him about the situation with your TD.

watchcraze

I have heard/read that TD's (some maybe?) are supposed to replace the watch with a new one if they get caught at customs. Did you talk to your dealer about this yet? Perhaps I am wrong...

FoxWilde
18 hours ago, narikaa said:

see if you can sort anything about your inappropriate forum name :giggle:

Knock on wood :D

Glaude
12 minutes ago, watchcraze said:

I have heard/read that TD's (some maybe?) are supposed to replace the watch with a new one if they get caught at customs. Did you talk to your dealer about this yet? Perhaps I am wrong...

It depends on the TD policy about that, usually it's stated on their website or well-known in the forum community, that's why I advised him to sort this out with a mod, this topic will now only go on speculation and question (legitimate) but will not help him to sort this out in the best way without a mod

lucky.watch

yeah im reluctant to give any id.

this wasnt coming from the TD this was headed back to the TD... it cracked 3 glass case backs, each time a replacment caseback was sent and fitted and they cracked while the watch was on the shelf.

the TD finally said send it back for replacement. and it got captured on its way to him.

McGilli
31 minutes ago, watchcraze said:

This wasn't a new order - but a return repair so... I don't think that applies here.

@lucky.watch - Good luck!