lucky.watch

return seized by chinese customs id required.

lucky.watch

Is there a list of the moderators ?  I couldn't find it using search.

ShovelnTC
46 minutes ago, lucky.watch said:

yeah im reluctant to give any id.

this wasnt coming from the TD this was headed back to the TD... it cracked 3 glass case backs, each time a replacment caseback was sent and fitted and they cracked while the watch was on the shelf.

the TD finally said send it back for replacement. and it got captured on its way to him.

Well now it is starting to sound fishy, "it" cracked 3 casebacks, not sure how an inanimate object can crack itself?

tomisme
13 minutes ago, ShovelnTC said:

Well now it is starting to sound fishy, "it" cracked 3 casebacks, not sure how an inanimate object can crack itself?

Apparently, neither I or you are very educated. These spiritual types have all the answers: https://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/spiritual-research/paranormal/cracks/

(It is, however, possible that if the case is putting any kind of uneven strain on the case back, it could have a negative effect over time or environment change)

RUSH2112
22 minutes ago, ShovelnTC said:

He lives at the bottom of the marianas trench

lucky.watch

Think it was an issue in the threading of the case-back, either it was crossed or not tapped straight. After first delivery after a period of days the glass cracked, two additional case-backs were sent and fitted they cracked cleanly in the same place each time.

Detailed photos were sent to the TD and he said it should be returned.

That part of it was all very mundane, I have 3 other reps from the TD that get regular wear and are excellent.

trailboss99
2 hours ago, Glaude said:

I've always believed, read and heard (not much of a good source I admit it) that Aus custom where the strictest in the world.

On guns, drugs and biosecurity yes. On a single watch? Meah.

TD is not liable, he didn't ship you did. No retailer anywhere will be held liable for lost return shipping. 

Did the dealer tell you to ship DHL?

ShovelnTC

Well it's not sounding good, either you will have to come up with some sort of pseudo identity verification in order to at least get the broken watch back or write it off, either way more of a hassle than what we hope for in this hobby.

Good luck.

lucky.watch

I'm not at all concerned about what the TD has done. As far as I'm concerned the TD has been extremely helpful and I'm grateful he has accepted a return.

I will continue to do business with this TD, I've bought a total of 4 watches from him. Sadly I lost one and I bought this to replace it, and this has now fallen into the hands of customs.

at this point im 50/50 as to whether to give id to china customs ... on one hand it seems that its pretty common and a formality and on the other it seems like hmm $350usd just let it go and buy another.

narikaa

Mmm

Why don't you reach some sort of compromise with the seller

My first instinct was 'for Gods sake fill in the template form and be done with it'

But

Getting back this possessed watch achieves what in the long run? 

If you're happy continuing with the TD as you say you are, cant you thrash out some credit against your next purchase or something

RUSH2112

He’s sent so many watches back to China I think their customs thought he was the dealer selling reps to China.  Can’t have that.

Glaude
11 hours ago, trailboss99 said:

On guns, drugs and biosecurity yes. On a single watch? Meah.

TD is not liable, he didn't ship you did. No retailer anywhere will be held liable for lost return shipping. 

Did the dealer tell you to ship DHL?

Thanks for the info on Aussie customs.

I'm wondering why the TD won't accept to clear things with customs ? I suppose he doesn't want to shine light on his activity especially in a country where "data privacy" isn't really a thing, he could be on the radar for every package send he makes after that.
But still wondering if there is no way to clear this situation with the help of the TD.

3 hours ago, RUSH2112 said:

He’s sent so many watches back to China I think their customs thought he was the dealer selling reps to China.  Can’t have that.

:D China's online shopper be like : Man, I want to order a watch from a Swiss TD but I'm worried about custom seizing my gen !

lucky.watch

FYI: Correspondence from DHL,

"China have asked for more details to be included in the letter that was sent across as advised below

1.rto ltr must include details of items in shpt :The name of item xxx, quantity xxxx , brand xxx, module no. xxxx, value xxx.

2. pls use paper of their company and don't forget the sigature in handwriting and stamp

3. ask cnor to provide the real market price of shpt.

and cfm  it is a digital watch or quartz one ?

Can you please amend the letter attached to include all this information. If this shipment is not from a company them please make sure to hand sign it."

so I think I'm going to abandon this one.

McGilli

Some years ago when I was buying some pretty expensive gen watches - I was having them shipped to USA since the shipping was free then, and I'd walk across the border and pick them up. When I cam back through I'd declare them and full value - and this happened two times - the only thing the Canadian Border Guards were concerned with was : Was the watch a quartz or not?

I could never figure that out. When I told them yes they were quartz, they always gave me the "Are you sure about that?" question... Never had to pay any duty or tax.

Glaude
9 hours ago, lucky.watch said:

FYI: Correspondence from DHL,

"China have asked for more details to be included in the letter that was sent across as advised below

1.rto ltr must include details of items in shpt :The name of item xxx, quantity xxxx , brand xxx, module no. xxxx, value xxx.

2. pls use paper of their company and don't forget the sigature in handwriting and stamp

3. ask cnor to provide the real market price of shpt.

and cfm  it is a digital watch or quartz one ?

Can you please amend the letter attached to include all this information. If this shipment is not from a company them please make sure to hand sign it."

so I think I'm going to abandon this one.

This look like more like a bad labelling issue than a proper counterfeit or illegal item issue. Maybe they only want everything to be in order labelwise to send it correctly (you know some administrative bullshit)

For the 1. I don't see any problem with it, they ask you to label it, so you put whatever you want ; 2. Don't know which company they are talking about, but you can include a hand signature as they don't care that this comes from a company or not" ; 3. Just be consistent with the 1. value.

8 hours ago, McGilli said:

Some years ago when I was buying some pretty expensive gen watches - I was having them shipped to USA since the shipping was free then, and I'd walk across the border and pick them up. When I cam back through I'd declare them and full value - and this happened two times - the only thing the Canadian Border Guards were concerned with was : Was the watch a quartz or not?

I could never figure that out. When I told them yes they were quartz, they always gave me the "Are you sure about that?" question... Never had to pay any duty or tax.

Two things : could be a simple tax & exportation regulation about quartz movement (again, administrative thing) or could be just that quartz is not usually associated with high value watch (which is wrong nowadays)