Sign in to follow this  
ReplicaFromDownunder

Tag link ladies quartz dead

ReplicaFromDownunder

I've changed the battery thinking it was dead but this quartz won't fire up. I've multimeter tested the new battery and it's 1.5v as it should be. Anything I could look at?

I've tried two batteries with no luck.

Wife's much loved rep watch for a few years back.

Ps excuse the mess on the garage workbench. bbffb23e9c7f56dd338c0355cf4a90ef.jpg4cc8595a5be0a754a3f2faad89283d94.jpg74239e256378dba11b98a42f29663bc8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

narikaa

Pardon if I'm stating the obvious

But

Have you 'de hacked' the movement by putting the crown back in from the setting (hacked) position shown in your photos?

ReplicaFromDownunder
Pardon if I'm stating the obvious

But

Have you 'de hacked' the movement by putting the crown back in from the setting (hacked) position shown in your photos?
Yes I got it in again. Hopefully it was in the correct position? Date and time adjusted ok. But it did appear more out than normal. Did lock in the crown fine though.

NCRich

I replaced a movement on a gen not long ago.  They are $25 movements.  I'd suggest replacing it. 

narikaa
8 hours ago, ReplicaFromDownunder said:

Hopefully it was in the correct position? . But it did appear more out than normal. 

This doesn't bode well.

8 hours ago, NCRich said:

I replaced a movement on a gen not long ago.  They are $25 movements.  I'd suggest replacing it. 

$25... they saw you coming :giggle:

omegex

At the bottom of your picture and to the right of the stem would appear to be a reset point. I.e. after fitting the battery you would connect the positive side of the battery to that point to reset the watch and make it function. Unfortunately, your movement picture has been washed out due to the light shining on it and, despite my attempts in using photoshop I cannot make the markings on the movement any clearer (see below)

TAG.jpg

Is there any chance you can take a photo of the movement that clearly show the markings on the plate of the movement and post it here?

NCRich
4 hours ago, narikaa said:

This doesn't bode well.

$25... they saw you coming :giggle:

Hmm..did it myself so I don't know who they are.

ReplicaFromDownunder
At the bottom of your picture and to the right of the stem would appear to be a reset point. I.e. after fitting the battery you would connect the positive side of the battery to that point to reset the watch and make it function. Unfortunately, your movement picture has been washed out due to the light shining on it and, despite my attempts in using photoshop I cannot make the markings on the movement any clearer (see below)
TAG.jpg&key=470065676cee78bfcb74dbbcd73c4b219d6384d36f8e78bf174e752c0253029a
Is there any chance you can take a photo of the movement that clearly show the markings on the plate of the movement and post it here?
Sure. I Will send a pic tomrrtow

ReplicaFromDownunder

Further pics attached thanks 2a5bd0fccce9d49eb3f9afb4f5322f3a.jpg9c167ae07851f1d2924b28dbd2964b5f.jpgb101e58ec34f3057529de7a8fc067ed9.jpg

Outside pic 574eb024fc2b0b8eb8468c0097c6a08b.jpg

omegex

@ReplicaFromDownunder  I believe that I have correctly identified the movement as an ETA F03.111.3 the PDF for which can be found here https://secure.eta.ch/CSP/DefaultDesktop.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=28&Caliber=F03111

Having read that document, I cannot find anything in it to suggest that the movement has to be reset.  I have, however, found an explanation for the arrow - that is for the stem release lever.

Apart from the movement having developed a defect, the only other thing I can think of is that your new battery - despite having a 2020 date on the packaging - is defective.

I'm sorry that I cannot be of more help to you.

Genius

random suggestion but maybe worth trying on a degausser never tried it with a quartz myself but sure I read somewhere has been known to kick start them before the movements already fucked so cant do any harm

Glaude
6 hours ago, Genius said:

random suggestion but maybe worth trying on a degausser never tried it with a quartz myself but sure I read somewhere has been known to kick start them before the movements already fucked so cant do any harm

Tried a degausser on a quartz, not hurted the movement as far as I can see, just made the hands turn (contra clockwise in my case) until you release the degaussing button, so I guess it's worth a try

ReplicaFromDownunder

Thanks for the replies. I did use a multi meter on the battery and it was over 1.50v.