vilden22

First Speedmaster Need Help!

vilden22

Hey guys,

i want to buy my first speedmaster rep.

should look like the original Ref  311.30.42.30.01.005

i searched the forum for a comparison between the gen and the rep but this topics were like 2 years old...

are the conditions of the reps now better ?

is there a preferred version (noob, bp?)

or a preferred movement (hand winding...)

thx for helping me out

Glaude

Hi,

You should read this :

940c8c6a101fbdb39fc562b41fb0114e.png

You will probably find the answer yourself then.

As far as I know there's only a couple of "super rep" that are very very close to the gen, don't know if this Omega Chrono is one of them.
You will always have a little size difference at last.

Browse the trusted dealers website and do a little comparison with the technical info from the gen, try to do some side by side pictures yourself to see if there's any difference that bother you.

greg_r

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

austinsom

The closest rep to the gen is the quartz, as whilst the manual wind is a nice watch with a bullet proof movement, the dial spacing is off.  The dial on the quartz has tells, but IMO the dial spacing on the mechanical is a big tell.

Left Coast Guy
8 minutes ago, austinsom said:

The closest rep to the gen is the quartz, as whilst the manual wind is a nice watch with a bullet proof movement, the dial spacing is off.  The dial on the quartz has tells, but IMO the dial spacing on the mechanical is a big tell.

I don't know....the dial spacing is noticeable, but as noticeable as a ticking seconds hand? I don't think so. You really need to look at a pic of the gen to see the difference and even then I'd argue most folks wouldn't see the difference unless they knew what to look for. 

The ST19 version is a really nice rep, I'd recommend it. 

MAJ75

SP4.jpg

I had one of the FOIS Reps with a hand-wind movement & I'd highly recommend it. Yes the bottom sub-dial is low but other than that it is extremely close..............

deju
28 minutes ago, Left Coast Guy said:

I don't know....the dial spacing is noticeable, but as noticeable as a ticking seconds hand? I don't think so. You really need to look at a pic of the gen to see the difference and even then I'd argue most folks wouldn't see the difference unless they knew what to look for. 

The ST19 version is a really nice rep, I'd recommend it. 

First thing I check is the dial spacing, I’d be more likely to miss the ticking seconds if I saw the spacing was right if I’m honest 

fetasigma

All the innacuracies of the rep actually made me go gen on this piece and I havent regretted it since, found a nice 69 speedmaster for under 2 grand, with the patina present I wouldn't trade it for a new one

IMG_1044.jpg&key=8449e5b98a5f54c404a078a272ed4a5c98cadcf0986a1ca0641815e18e4e589d

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ower

I think this is obe of the watches which will never be superrepped. I’d recommend saving some more and going gen with this one. I did it and haven’t had any rep on my wrist since

nuvolablue
SP4.jpg&key=fbe558dab184ca0afe0b1174d6e1d59e47640ba84fb1e94a3a46a990f45ca30a

I had one of the FOIS Reps with a hand-wind movement & I'd highly recommend it. Yes the bottom sub-dial is low but other than that it is extremely close..............

+1... Agree with MAJ75. FOIS is the better rep. 42mm Moonwatch does not have any good reps. The case on the ST19 is too fat.
For the Moonwatch you need to go gen......

e203ffde75e38bffd51747c5ceee8db8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk