gwkiw

It's been just over a year so far .....

gwkiw

Hi

I’ve been collecting typical off the shelf watches for a few years but have always admired the exquisite look and style of Hi-end Swiss watch makers just as long.  An acquaintance of mine I’ve known for years (only found out a couple of years ago he collected watches also lol) suggested I get into the rep world and actually get the next best thing at an affordable level. So I joined RWG back in Feb 2015, researched the forum a lot, learned about quality vs. crap reps, the role of the TD, etc, and purchased my first rep towards end of 2016. 

So I haven’t been in the rep game for very long at all.  I’ve sold off most of my off the shelf  (or are in process of selling them) to make some room for my replicas.  I have acquired 8 reps to date so I figured it was a good time to share my collection so far. I’m keeping a few ‘off the shelf’ automatic "gens" for now as they work great and I like them.  

Everyone has their particular style they admire and collect.  As I admire Swiss watch design in general my goal is to collect one or two of each of my favorite styles from the various brands I admire vs. getting several variants of one brand for example. To each their own. That’s what makes this hobby so interesting.

So here is my 1st box.

My 1st rep, my blue dial Evo, another white dial 2-tone Evo, a PAM676 HW, a PAM684, and (2) AP 15400’s, a blk dial SS and a RG leather.  I know the EVOs are kind of old school but I’ve admired them for years before I ever even knew about reps. Had to have them.

119_rev.jpg

Here is my 2nd box.

There are only (2) reps here right now. The Patek 5070r and an Omega PO.  The rest are (4) off the shelf automatics I’m keeping for now. A Bulova 98A123, a Thomas Earnshaw  Beaufort and a Westminster RG skeleton, and yes an Invicta Pro diver automatic. As I get more reps these will move into my 3rd box.

125228_rev.jpg

Funny thing, I originally was after SS band reps when I started but ended up with more Leather/rubber strap reps then SS.  So my next couple of rep purchases I would like to get a couple with SS bands to even things out. 

Any suggestions? 

I need to stick to a max 42mm dial. Small wrist syndrome.

I was thinking a TAG maybe, or a Speedmaster (open back w/Venus HW).  I def. want a Rolex Daytona at some point but am waiting for the new Daytona movement or maybe a faux chrono version.

Happy holidays! 

Cheers!   :morebeer:

Edited by gwkiw
postimage chaos

Mr_B

Smart collection buddy. Keep up the good work. 

Oh, and buy a Rolex. 

Glaude

That's a nice collection and I really like your collector philosophy !

Next thing to get hmmm you mentioned Swiss watch, but what about the German ? They have some classy dress watch. You can also vary in shapes, rectangular, for example.

Thommo82

Beautiful watches buddy!

I think a nice Breguet would fit in well with your collection 

GC

Very nice collection, welcome to the club. 

McGilli

I'm in love with that Bulova! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to Box #3 pictures in the future :) 

gwkiw

Thanks for the comments folks, much appreciate it. 

The Breguet I haven't considered but having a quick look they are indeed nice.  A Rolex Daytona is on the list for sure. I don't want a seconds at 6 7750 time bomb though. If they don't come out with that 'new' movement in 2018 for the Daytona I will likely get a JF ice-blue dial faux chrono (gen thickness) a23J movement model.  Some of the Maurice & Lacroix are sure nice but perhaps on the large side from what I 've seen.  

There are endless options for sure. 

Awesome !  :throwingmoney:

:borg:

drifterr

lovely collection mate - well done

I am closing in ordering the AP JF 15400 in black dial... so tempting

gwkiw

Thanks, I'm very happy with my JF 15400 SS/SS 41mm black dial and the RG white dial/leather.  With the Miyota 9015 they are a very reliable watch. The black dial SS is an older v1 I think.. Rotors are noisy. No big deal though.

Bezel_fix.jpg

Edited by gwkiw
postimage chaos

Tigerdragon

Old JF V1 nice!

blehbleh215

Without Miyota 9015, is it hard to achieve the thin case size as gen??

I do get bothered by the rotor noise of Miyota

Hyjynx

Nice collection, but...

56bb498bf92c49eaf3627e05e39d5f42.jpg

Scotteuk

Great collection, just got into reps with a JF15400, now looking for the next watch to work my way up to a box!

gwkiw

Thanks, it won't take long to get the qty up..... welcome to the club.

OK,  my birthday is right around the corner, time to buy myself a present. 

I finally decided on the next (2) more reps to add to the collection.  I'll be ordering shortly after the fireworks after the New Years celebrations.

First the JF factory Rolex Daytona,  SS/SS ice blue dial,  faux chrono with black ceramic  bezel from TT.  The ARF are simply too expensive for me at this point with exchange differences and I don't want a seconds at 6 7750. 

Second, a classic Omega Speedmaster 42mm black dial, w/recessed blk sub dials. The Venus HW , from Josh.  His has the display case back . The Venus HW movement is too nice t cover up.