adotb

Panerai, PAM684, XF vs. ZF

adotb

I want to order new watch, I was thinking on Panerai, PAM684 but the problem is that I don't know if I should order XF or ZF made, what do you say? 

Andrew 
PAM684: XF
PAM864: ZF

Edited by adotb
Link

McGilli

Aren't the 2 watches by TT the same as the 2 by Toro?

adotb
7 minutes ago, McGilli said:

Aren't the 2 watches by TT the same as the 2 by Toro?

Yes they are the same, I just wrote two because all sellers have both XF and ZF, why, whats the difference.. ;S

gwkiw

When I asked Andrew at TT the same question he said the XF/V6 factory were the better of the 2. Didn't really expand on why so I went with the V6 version P9010. 

adotb
11 hours ago, gwkiw said:

When I asked Andrew at TT the same question he said the XF/V6 factory were the better of the 2. Didn't really expand on why so I went with the V6 version P9010. 

Thanks!

I asked few sellers, and everybody! said the same, XF is better - except Toro, seller said that both are the same (seems like the seller don't know so much)...

But when I order I'll get the XF.

I look'd at "Comparison and Review : ZF PAM671 and XF PAM671 V2" and XF if better.

simonpollard

Is the V6 and the XF the same thing? At Mary´s its called XF and at Andrew´s it´s V6, but everyone is writing them together as ”V6/XF”

mysterio
2 hours ago, simonpollard said:

Is the V6 and the XF the same thing? At Mary´s its called XF and at Andrew´s it´s V6, but everyone is writing them together as ”V6/XF”

Originally the factory called V6 was divided into two sub-factories, VSF and XF. I don't know which Andrew you are talking about but the Andrew that I know, Trusty Time, only has 2 XF (and 1 ZF) listed on his website.

http://trustytime.store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=pn684&x=0&y=0

simonpollard
5 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Originally the factory called V6 was divided into two sub-factories, VSF and XF. I don't know which Andrew you are talking about but the Andrew that I know, Trusty Time, only has 2 XF (and 1 ZF) listed on his website.

http://trustytime.store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=pn684&x=0&y=0

Thanks, I´m merely wondering whether to get the ”PAM676 Lum. Due 3 Days Acciaio SS/LE A6497 P1000 XF” from Mary or the ”PAM676 Lum. Due 3 Days Acciaio SS/LE V6F A6497 P1000” from TT or if they are the same thing? They look identical. Might be a stupid question so bare with me here...

mysterio
26 minutes ago, simonpollard said:

Thanks, I´m merely wondering whether to get the ”PAM676 Lum. Due 3 Days Acciaio SS/LE A6497 P1000 XF” from Mary or the ”PAM676 Lum. Due 3 Days Acciaio SS/LE V6F A6497 P1000” from TT or if they are the same thing? They look identical. Might be a stupid question so bare with me here...

It's not a stupid question but you're making it inconvenient to answer. The description being similar or even exactly the same may not mean it's exactly the same watch. You don't expect us to go searching for the watches, do you? ;)

simonpollard
4 minutes ago, mysterio said:

It's not a stupid question but you're making it inconvenient to answer. The description being similar or even exactly the same may not mean it's exactly the same watch. You don't expect us to go searching for the watches, do you? ;)

I am very aware of how lazy members not doing their own research are prosecuted here on rwg :happy: The difference in the description is that Mary`s says V6F and Andrews XF. And since I see people putting them together like V6/XF I wasn´t sure what to make of it. 

mysterio
30 minutes ago, simonpollard said:

I am very aware of how lazy members not doing their own research are prosecuted here on rwg :happy: The difference in the description is that Mary`s says V6F and Andrews XF. And since I see people putting them together like V6/XF I wasn´t sure what to make of it. 

It's all a matter of chronology. Andrew has had the watch in his website since Oct 2016. There was no XF then. VSF (and a bit later XF) appeared early 2017. In fact some models in March/April 2017 were called V6/XF indicating a transition. Then Mary probably got the watch from the factory in mid-2017, when the watches were now called it XF. However, it still does not indicate if there is a difference in the watches themselves. Watches under the XF factory name might have had some improvements from the release under the V6F factory name. If you you say you don't see any difference in the pictures, then there probably isn't any difference in the watches, which is unfortunate since the original V6F did not have the sunburst dial of the gen.

Lastly, asking about the PAM676 in a PAM684 thread is confusing.