Notenoughtime454

Thoughts on this sub?

Left Coast Guy

Think you may want to do some digging on that 3135 mov't before you pull the trigger.  Long story short, while there may have been some updates to the  mov't, the 3135 is thought to be markedly less reliable than a standard 28XX mov't and because it gen spec, basically impossible to get repaired when it does have issues (watch shops won't touch, parts expensive, etc). 

I'd dig around on the Mov'ts in Replicas thread and search for the latest across all the forums before taking the leap. But hey, its your money...

JSJ

Save your extra money, like Left Coast Guy says, buy a standard Asian rep movement (A2824/A2836) and be happy. Nobody is going to look inside your sub to check if the movement is genuine and if they do, they will know it's a rep immediately anyway. 

ieweey

I don't get it, why do rep factories bother with "upgrading" their Rolex movements to look like gen? It's a solid caseback FFS.

Left Coast Guy
57 minutes ago, ieweey said:

I don't get it, why do rep factories bother with "upgrading" their Rolex movements to look like gen? It's a solid caseback FFS.

Mostly because some dumbass somewhere is willing to pay for it. Its like anything, the factories figures that enough rep buyers are idiots and willing to pay for a clone mov't whether it works or not, so they make and mark it up.