nunu78

Need Help to fix this Rotor

nunu78

Mods Please merge the topics as my PC was playing up.

automatico

The rotor is pressed on the outer race of the ball bearing. A hard shock or drop can knock the weight off...not common but it happens.

Remove the screw in the center of the ball bearing and have someone press it all back together with a staking tool or something similar. It needs to be a precision tool so the rotor will be pressed back on level. You can press the weight back exactly like it came off by lining up the splines on the bearing race with the splines formed in the rotor and it usually stays put. I have used Loctite 'stud and bearing mount' adhesive on them but you have to be very careful not to get any Loctite on the bearing because it travels like water. Put a small drop of light watch oil on the bearing when finished to make sure it has oil. ETA specs call for Moebius 9010.

bobandshawn

Remove that center screw that's still in the movement. The small surrounding ring will come with it. Somehow that ring attaches to the rotor. you'll have to determine if it's glued or what...

deju

Unscrew the bearing from the movement and buy a new rotor, probably as cheap if not cheaper and easier than getting the tool to attach the bearing back on to the rotor, and for it to pop off it’s locking mech is probably Broken in some way. 

bobandshawn

Never mind...

nunu78

Thanks everyone , much appreciated

unreformed66

I've seen a few of them separate like that. Some will press right back together and be secure. Others won't. It's all a matter of how well the rotor bearing was staked into the rotor at the factory to begin with. Most were done correctly at the factory. Some were mashed in there and effectively stretched the hole in the rotor making replacement pretty much impossible.  I've got ETA rotors laying around that would bolt right on although I don't have any gold ones. If you need one PM me.