Munster87

Dark side

Munster87

I purchased an Omega Dark Side of the Moon watch from a non reputable dealer (before I found this site).

It has the wrong coloured date wheel fitted (white instead of black ?) Using a quartz movement and a Seamaster case back?

I really like the watch but these 2 issues are spoiling what could be a good rep.

My question: Is it really cost effective changing the the movement? If so which one? and the case back to one that says Speedmaster.

Or, would it be best to just purchase a new one from a trusted dealer supported on this site?

BadApple

Sounds like someone has sold you a $60 DHGate rep maybe for TD prices !!!!

TD's have proper mechanical ones for $350-450 

bkg!

I would suggest that you just invest in another. Even the quartz cheapies are decent. I have one. They're about $150 new for a reasonable quality one. The rep straps are trash, but I have mine on a lovely black Ostrich and a PVD deployant buckle

GenTLe
9 hours ago, Munster87 said:

My question: Is it really cost effective changing the the movement?

No, change the watch and you'll spare MANY headaches.

Munster87

Thanks for the advice.

I know after reading posts on this forum that speedmasters are a difficult watch to rep due to the sub dial spacing etc.

I am more inclined to opt for an automatic as it would be more authentic to the original (funnily enough the one I purchased was advertised as a auto) look where that got me!!