Icemanneo11

Fake / gen 3186 movement

Icemanneo11

Hi all,

Am guessing Serial numbers are found on the movement of the gen watches but are they also found on the reps?

I have purchased a 'gen' movement on chrono24 and shown the receipt and the picture of the movement (currently trying to remove the case back to see used a tennis ball to no avail!) but wanted to know if the reps also have a serial number on the movement?

Thanks in advance.

Icemanneo11

Hi mods, apologies, this appears to be in the wrong sub-forum! Can you either nuke this or move it please?

Sorry again!

ShovelnTC

Not even sure there are any rep 3186 movements but could be wrong.

I think most of the Rep Rollie GMT's use a modified 2836 with GMT add on.

I suggest checking out the GMT Reps and see what they have listed and check the pics.

Icemanneo11

Thanks for the info. I acquired a movement but have since found out the winder has broken and a movement spacer was put in to make the winder more aligned. As a result, i am looking to send the movement back just in case there are any further issues!

The main reason for asking is that the reps nowadays try to copy the insides of the movements so was wondering if there was a true way to ensure the movement is gen or a replica :) 

Sub007
On 22-12-2017 at 19:51, Icemanneo11 said:

Thanks for the info. I acquired a movement but have since found out the winder has broken and a movement spacer was put in to make the winder more aligned. As a result, i am looking to send the movement back just in case there are any further issues!

The main reason for asking is that the reps nowadays try to copy the insides of the movements so was wondering if there was a true way to ensure the movement is gen or a replica :) 

Hi mate, my suggestion would be to put picture of the movement in the Rolex section for members to verify. 

JimmyChanga

Are there any Rolex rep GMT movements that are accurately decorated (i.e., correct parts in SS vs. brass, correct engravings, etc.)?  Looking to pick up a 16570 Explorer and would prefer a gen-looking movement, if one exists.

deju
11 minutes ago, JimmyChanga said:

Are there any Rolex rep GMT movements that are accurately decorated (i.e., correct parts in SS vs. brass, correct engravings, etc.)?  Looking to pick up a 16570 Explorer and would prefer a gen-looking movement, if one exists.

Why ? you can't see the movement anyways :lmao:

You would have to buy a Custom Watch Concepts case back to see it. Then you would have spent £100 to see a £50 movement :lol: