Zeerash

Need help with Vintage Submariner 1680 issue

Zeerash

Hello guys, I desperately need some help on my new purchase. I recently bought a Submariner vintage 1680 with A2836 movement. For the last of couple of days, on few occasions I have been noticing that while I change the date makes the hour hand shake, does not happen every time though and also the crown slips once in a while when setting the time or winding the watch if it requires. I sent email to the TD and he is more than happy to help me by sending it to the factory to be checked since I am from Canada and wondering if these really are the defects that need to be fixed and I should take the hassle of shipping it back to them or perhaps it's totally normal and is a known issue with this watch or the movement. The watch is working great and keeping time accurately though. Your kind advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Edited by Zeerash

fatarms

Sounds to me like a keyless works issue.  Any watch smith should be able to take care of that for you and you wouldn't have to go through the shipping back to/from China again.  Shipping back to the TD in China can take up to two months from what I've read around here.

Glaude
2 hours ago, fatarms said:

Sounds to me like a keyless works issue.  Any watch smith should be able to take care of that for you and you wouldn't have to go through the shipping back to/from China again.  Shipping back to the TD in China can take up to two months from what I've read around here.

And can be seized in the process, or lost.

Nikosaldente
4 hours ago, fatarms said:

Exactly this ^^^