Ilovethiscity

Ok ok I say WOW! It’s the ARF DAYTONA 116500LN (very pic heavy)

WatchaholicMallorca
14 hours ago, Hunklee said:

So unless you took off your Daytona and let others fiddle with with chronograph function, no one can tell it's a rep.

No, there are other tells, but that isn't the point, truth is I wouldn't let people "fiddle" with my watch, even less so if it was genuine.

I think the lettering on the bezel is ok, the problem is the pushers are too long, and of course the watch is still thicker than gen.

Even with that it is a great watch

Robert11
No, there are other tells, but that isn't the point, truth is I wouldn't let people "fiddle" with my watch, even less so if it was genuine.
I think the lettering on the bezel is ok, the problem is the pushers are too long, and of course the watch is still thicker than gen.
Even with that it is a great watch

13mm vs12.5mm gen. That’s not a tell even if you do hand your watch over to someone (which you shouldn’t) unless they brought their caliper and spec sheet.

Sent from my satellite phone.

WatchaholicMallorca

Yeah it’s minimal, my father in law has a gen white dial and you can’t notice the difference really.

as I said it’s a great rep, I’ll be picking up the rose gold pretty soon. If I saw one on m2m with the deco plate and new rotor I’d buy it today.

Laduaks

wow thats a nice Daytona! Had the Noob one some time ago, and it was great! (the 7750), but sooo thick

Watchtrader93

I’ve never had a daytona in hand, how do the pushers function on a gen? If unscrewed and pushed on the ARF, they will reset the seconds @6 Chrono?

Also all I’ve seen is the new release ceramic bezel from ARF recently, didn’t ARF release the all steel Daytona’s with black / white dial? Is the overall finish the same with these?

jamesezra
I’ve never had a daytona in hand, how do the pushers function on a gen? If unscrewed and pushed on the ARF, they will reset the seconds @6 Chrono?
Also all I’ve seen is the new release ceramic bezel from ARF recently, didn’t ARF release the all steel Daytona’s with black / white dial? Is the overall finish the same with these?
Same as the ones on ARF. Unscrew pushers to use them otherwise they can't be pushed.

The upper pusher starts the Chrono hand, the lower pusher resets it.

Chrono runs for one minute only.

I believe all versions of Daytona under ARF are of good quality. 904SS is really amazing.

WatchaholicMallorca

Few gen vs rep for you guys! Different model but you get the idea!

182_B232_F-_A952-438_C-8377-6_F1_CBA66_F

1_C05_A137-83_F7-4309-9572-845_D08066747

5_C39_D2_A7-66_A9-4851-9_FFC-74744_E9743

904_FEEA5-_F830-46_A9-9_A2_E-2902677605_

GC
6 minutes ago, WatchaholicMallorca said:

Few gen vs rep for you guys! Different model but you get the idea!

182_B232_F-_A952-438_C-8377-6_F1_CBA66_F

1_C05_A137-83_F7-4309-9572-845_D08066747

5_C39_D2_A7-66_A9-4851-9_FFC-74744_E9743

904_FEEA5-_F830-46_A9-9_A2_E-2902677605_

Can you do the community a big favor and measure the true thickness of the Gen daytona, some say it’s 12.2mm total case back to xtal. 

I would love to know for sure. 

Ilovethiscity

@WatchaholicMallorca very nice! I’m going to try make the Franken SS white dial soon :)

WatchaholicMallorca
1 hour ago, GC said:

Can you do the community a big favor and measure the true thickness of the Gen daytona, some say it’s 12.2mm total case back to xtal. 

I would love to know for sure. 

Would love to but unfortunately I don’t have calipers.... 

JDnTexas

Beautiful watch and great photos. Thanks for sharing and getting this discussion going!

Ilovethiscity
12 minutes ago, JDnTexas said:

Beautiful watch and great photos. Thanks for sharing and getting this discussion going!

Absolutely my pleasure kind Sir! Thanks for having us while RWI down :)

WatchaholicMallorca
On 2/11/2018 at 17:58, Ilovethiscity said:

@WatchaholicMallorca very nice! I’m going to try make the Franken SS white dial soon :)

Thinking of doing the same with a blue dial ( gen is white gold but the quality of the bracelet is too good not to go for it!)

jan2101
On ‎24‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 23:58, deju said:

Oh do shut up about the faux chrono already! 

I never run a chrono rep or gen. 

my friend with a gen daytona never runs his chrono. 

You might not see value in it but most people own trainers that cost more than this watch... 

stop thread shitting. 

I completely agree. The best rep watch out of the box I have ever seen. No one needs the chrono function. ;)

Robert11

So I got an inexpensive rep version to see if I’d like it enough to buy this one. I have to say it looks great, however the contrast between the tiny hands and the dial is way too low for me which makes it a struggle to tell time in all but ideal lighting conditions. Just my observation. You guys with the younger eyes may not have any issues at all but just be aware.

Sent from my satellite phone.

dizzy

My ARF 116520 Daytona is great except for the fact that the rotor doesn’t move and obviously doesn’t auto wind. I had to remove that silly three screw thing and I installed a eta 7750 screw and lubed the bearings and now it seems to be ok. It’s def a VERY light rotor and I will prob end up putting an ETA rotor on it later. Other than that and the black dial is really difficult to read at a glance, I love it and it’s a very very accurate rep. 

Dizzy 

Teenyweeny

So guys after reading other threads and forum and this thread , if comparing between Noobs with working Chrono but 316 steel and this 904 ARF, which do you think is a better buy ??? Other than price ?

muiramas
3 hours ago, Teenyweeny said:

So guys after reading other threads and forum and this thread , if comparing between Noobs with working Chrono but 316 steel and this 904 ARF, which do you think is a better buy ??? Other than price ?

ARF - by a mile. The working chrono in the noob is temperamental and likely to break if used often / at all. The noob is also very thick - much thicker than the real one. Visually the ARF is far more accurate in every way.

Edited by muiramas

Teenyweeny
22 minutes ago, muiramas said:

ARF - by a mile. The working chrono in the noob is temperamental and likely to break if used often / at all. The noob is also very think - much thicker than the real one. Visually the ARF is far more accurate in every way.

Ok got it 

thanks mate 

devimalisa

Will Harsh chemicals (Soaps, Chloroform, Alcohol) make the "platinum" bezel marker be erased / fade?
Or it have same durability as Gen?

d4v3
On 11/3/2018 at 22:59, devimalisa said:

Will Harsh chemicals (Soaps, Chloroform, Alcohol) make the "platinum" bezel marker be erased / fade?
Or it have same durability as Gen?

Rep platinum bezels usually are metallic paint, so it can be removed using polar solvents suchs a alcohol (96% only, the 70% will not work) white gasoline or any paint remover products, Actually a popular mod know as sharpie mod its made using silver paint sharpie to improve the bezel color. Gen has real platinum metal not paint.

ROLEX1010

Sorry what?

The subdials don' t work?

Why even review?

I don' t care how thin it is. Still too thick? Forget it then.

deju
24 minutes ago, ROLEX1010 said:

Sorry what?

Why even review?

@Luxuracer @Glaude @Gingerbubba 

We have a contender for the gulag... I claim him in the dead pool :rofl: 

Luxuracer
5 hours ago, deju said:
5 hours ago, ROLEX1010 said:

Sorry what?

Why even review?

@Luxuracer @Glaude @Gingerbubba 

We have a contender for the gulag... I claim him in the dead pool :rofl: 

Awaken of the Brainless Zombie!

I am getting my apocalypse survival kit ready.

405df0fc064767ea1a60355fb96c1a06.jpg

nathtommo_9

Great pics! Big big fan of this... Haven't bought a rep for a while....