Sign in to follow this  
Waipio Jeff

My New Oris Pro Diver Chrono - Mini Review and Pix

Waipio Jeff

All this Oris buzz lately intrigued me. I recently added the Carlos Costes LE and really liked it. So in my search for the elusive 51mm Pro Diver Chronograph I figured I would try out the TS version until the big boy was released (Today via Mary). TS never answered my emails asking if theirs was the 51mm version so I took a chance and ordered it anyway. Of course the next day it was posted that it was the 44mm version of a worked up Carlos Costes. I chose the white dial even though it is a fantasy version. I thought it looked great and I have no white faced divers. Plus i knew I would eventually get the big black 51.

It arrived today well packaged and in great condition. I got it on the SS bracelet and love that combo. At 44mm it sure seems bigger than my DSSD, probably due to the height and the larger dial to bezel ratio.

EDIT: This watch is 47mm, NOT 44mm.

The bracelet is huge and even with my 8.3 inch wrist I had to remove 5 links. Not much to say about the quality. It is good but not awesome. The bracelet feels a bit thin but that keeps the weight down. The bezel is a bit loose but clicks nicely. Overall it is a great cheap quartz watch and I am sure it will get some good wrist time at least until the big boy gets here in a couple of weeks.

Allright, enough rambling since all you really want is the pix anyway. I am not a photographer but they came out OK for a quick rush job.

Enjoy!

CIMG5925.jpg

CIMG5911.jpg

CIMG5921.jpg

CIMG5910.jpg

CIMG5922.jpg

CIMG5927.jpg

CIMG5918.jpg

CIMG5913.jpg

CIMG5931.jpg

CIMG5920.jpg

CIMG5950.jpg

CIMG5946.jpg

CIMG5947.jpg

CIMG5948.jpg

mulder

That is actually quite a new looking watch and appears way larger than the 44mm it is suppose to be. It almost looks like it is 50 or 51mm on your wrist. For what, $108 ?, you would have to be happy with that! I know I would be. Jusy imagine what the 51m will look like on your wrist. Sofa King huge!

I bet you cant wait.

Nice photos too. I can never take a photo without some reflection in the crystal or links

David

crewldude

Looks great! Picking up mine in the morning...with the 51mm version on the way as well!

Balad1

Great review and great photos; I'd be interested in your opinion of the watch after wearing it for a while. I like the white face plus the size and I've got it on my short list.

Like you I ordered the 51mm from Mary even though as a guy with average build I probably won't be able to pull it off.

Why order it??? Good question, I like the look plus it's not like it was the upcoming 7750 version that will probably cost $300+.

Thanks again for the review.

KeNnY

awesome ! :)

Del

That looks really nice - congrats :)

With my small wrist, this is the version I'd need to wear - there is no way I could pull-off the 51mm version ;)

David543

Great looking watch and really good value! :)

JohnG

pure sex.

I too have ordered this one AND the 51mm black face. I think I will keep both and get rid of some other watches.

dingle

nice watch and pics. :D

edwelly

I love that watch, but I think I am just too small to pull that off. If I got the 51mm, I would look like this

flavor-flav-cc08.jpg

dingle
I love that watch, but I think I am just too small to pull that off. If I got the 51mm, I would look like this

flavor-flav-cc08.jpg

nice hair :D

greg_r

That looks really good. Love the white face.

Tempting.... should I go for this or the 51mm version? I really don't need both...

KeNnY
That looks really good. Love the white face.

Tempting.... should I go for this or the 51mm version? I really don't need both...

I am going for the Buldozer (51mm) version :D But I would like to see rather repped this version, with automatic movement !

It is ProDiver without chrono..

Oris ProDiver Date !

382117d1296603344-nib-oris-prodiver-date-automatic-titanium-fullsize1.jpg

This ProDiver is only 49mm ! Must ask Mary !

Oris%20Watch%20Australia%20ProDiver%20Date%201.jpg

offshore

Gotta agree KeNny, I often wonder why the manufacturers insist on building divers watches with chrono facilities.

Its not like there are too many opportunities to use a chrono whist underwater anyway, and the extra points of water ingress on a chrono are always problematic.

If you are designing/building a tool watch, it should be specifically for that occupation/undertaking...not a "be all to everyone" just to appease the masses.

Send the chronos to the race track, and send divers watches underwater!

O/S.

JohnG

Love the non-chrono, I hope they rep that too. That they would be able to do for a reasonable price with clone...

KeNnY
Love the non-chrono, I hope they rep that too. That they would be able to do for a reasonable price with clone...

I have found out about the non chrono version from the oris 2011 catalogue that came yesterday ! :D I will post videos tomorrow with 4 catalogues that came after 2 days from ordering !!! :rofl:

I think they could give it for 200USD with Clone ETA.. It is amazing how accurate they made the Pro Diver chrono version !

crewldude
The bracelet is huge and even with my 8.3 inch wrist I had to remove 5 links.

How did you remove the links? Having a little trouble with them...

Waipio Jeff

They are standard link pins. Just push the rounded non split side in so that the split side comes out. I used the el cheapo watch tool kit with the little square stand to hold it upright and then just tapped a small hammer on the pin removal tool thingy. I hope that was not too much technical speak! LOL

I am having trouble with the micro adjustment on the clasp though. I would like to be able to add one link back in and then move the whole bracelet up a few notches for the best fit. I can't seem to get what is usually a spring pin to budge.

I love that non chrono version too but I went from 0 Oris' in my collection to 3 in less than a month. Gotta stop somewhere!

crewldude
They are standard link pins. Just push the rounded non split side in so that the split side comes out. I used the el cheapo watch tool kit with the little square stand to hold it upright and then just tapped a small hammer on the pin removal tool thingy. I hope that was not too much technical speak! LOL

I am having trouble with the micro adjustment on the clasp though. I would like to be able to add one link back in and then move the whole bracelet up a few notches for the best fit. I can't seem to get what is usually a spring pin to budge.

I love that non chrono version too but I went from 0 Oris' in my collection to 3 in less than a month. Gotta stop somewhere!

Thanks for the info!

Luthier

Great buy, and I, personally, like white dial much more than black.

Congrats!!!

crewldude

My came in today...a few pics to add to the collection:

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

Edited by crewldude

Balad1

Those large links on the bracelet are "bad ass".

JohnG

May not be 51mm but still a sexy beast.

I have a Carlos Coste homage, thing is monstrous, for a 44mm watch.

NFleischer

DSC00304.jpg

Alot of Oris attention here lately. Here's a small- 42mm Williams F1. I would consider diver at 44mm, but that's

it for my wrist

Balad1
DSC00304.jpg

Alot of Oris attention here lately. Here's a small- 42mm Williams F1. I would consider diver at 44mm, but that's

it for my wrist

Nice looking watch.

PS: I won't be able to wear the 51mm either but it didn't stop me from buying it, lol.