Sign in to follow this  
Waipio Jeff

My New Oris Pro Diver Chrono - Mini Review and Pix

Waipio Jeff
Those large links on the bracelet are "bad ass".

They do look badass but in reality they are quite lite in weight.

Also notice in crewldude's pix that the crown does not appear to be screwed down tightly to the case. The added black piece mimicking the ProDiver feature does not allow the crown to be srewed all the way down. I thought it was just mine but now it appears to just be that way. Going to make waterproofing all that more difficult if not impossible.

crewldude

Also notice in crewldude's pix that the crown does not appear to be screwed down tightly to the case. The added black piece mimicking the ProDiver feature does not allow the crown to be srewed all the way down. I thought it was just mine but now it appears to just be that way. Going to make waterproofing all that more difficult if not impossible.

I noticed that too...wonder if there's a way to modify that piece so it will screw down all they way...

Balad1

I noticed that too...wonder if there's a way to modify that piece so it will screw down all they way...

Maybe an oversize o-ring would work?

crewldude

I took the two screws out on the black piece and unscrewed the chrono pushers...that enabled me to screw the crown further down. Then tightened the screws back in. The crown's a bit hard to unscrew, but it looks a lot better. And being a quartz, shouldn't be having to mess with it too much!

BEFORE:

IMAG0034.jpg

AFTER:

IMAG0047.jpg

Still not perfect, but much better.

Pob

Nice watch!

Lol now i need to buy Oris :D

Scavolas

@crewldude, waipio11: May I ask you to measure (in mm) the size of the lug and the stem of the bracelet, please? I have a Carlos Coste Chrono LE waiting for customs clearance with rubber straps and would consider replacing with a SS bracelet. I wonder whether this bracelet would fit on to that (47 vs 44 mm case, it may or may not be the same lug size).

Thank you.

Scavolas

You mentioned you also have a Carlos Coste LE -- differences of available models with respect to quality and bracelet type notwithstanding, I would like to ask you to please inform me if the bracelet on this Oris model would actually fit onto the Carlos Coste LE? Thank you for the effort (and the truly great pictures)!

All this Oris buzz lately intrigued me. I recently added the Carlos Costes LE and really liked it. So in my search for the elusive 51mm Pro Diver Chronograph I figured I would try out the TS version until the big boy was released (Today via Mary). TS never answered my emails asking if theirs was the 51mm version so I took a chance and ordered it anyway. Of course the next day it was posted that it was the 44mm version of a worked up Carlos Costes. I chose the white dial even though it is a fantasy version. I thought it looked great and I have no white faced divers. Plus i knew I would eventually get the big black 51.

It arrived today well packaged and in great condition. I got it on the SS bracelet and love that combo. At 44mm it sure seems bigger than my DSSD, probably due to the height and the larger dial to bezel ratio. The bracelet is huge and even with my 8.3 inch wrist I had to remove 5 links. Not much to say about the quality. It is good but not awesome. The bracelet feels a bit thin but that keeps the weight down. The bezel is a bit loose but clicks nicely. Overall it is a great cheap quartz watch and I am sure it will get some good wrist time at least until the big boy gets here in a couple of weeks.

Allright, enough rambling since all you really want is the pix anyway. I am not a photographer but they came out OK for a quick rush job.

Enjoy!

Waipio Jeff

I will measure them both when I get home later this afternoon.

Waipio Jeff
@crewldude, waipio11: May I ask you to measure (in mm) the size of the lug and the stem of the bracelet, please? I have a Carlos Coste Chrono LE waiting for customs clearance with rubber straps and would consider replacing with a SS bracelet. I wonder whether this bracelet would fit on to that (47 vs 44 mm case, it may or may not be the same lug size).

Thank you.

Just got home do the measurements for you. First off, I measured the case. No wonder it wears bigger than my DSSD. This 44mm watch is ACTUALLY 47mm! I checked it several times and the case is the EXACT same as my 47mm Carlos Coste 47mm LE. Even if I measure it at the thinnest point on the bezel it is still 45mm. The case though is definetly 47mm. No nworries to me though since it is a fantasy watch and I like me big.

Here are the measurements you asked for though.

The inside of the lugs for BOTH watches is 10.5mm. The outside of both the SS bracelet on the ProDiver and the rubber strap of the CC measures 24mm. Obviously this means (to me at least) that the strps would be interchangeable.

Scavolas

Aah, great news, thank you so much! (I guess your case measurement result just adds another layer to the size confusion about this Oris model...) How would you rate that bracelet, is it el cheapo or better than that?

Now it is time for me to find one of the dealers who carry this model and get a bracelet-only solution...

Thank you.

Just got home do the measurements for you. First off, I measured the case. No wonder it wears bigger than my DSSD. This 44mm watch is ACTUALLY 47mm! I checked it several times and the case is the EXACT same as my 47mm Carlos Coste 47mm LE. Even if I measure it at the thinnest point on the bezel it is still 45mm. The case though is definetly 47mm. No nworries to me though since it is a fantasy watch and I like me big.

Here are the measurements you asked for though.

The inside of the lugs for BOTH watches is 10.5mm. The outside of both the SS bracelet on the ProDiver and the rubber strap of the CC measures 24mm. Obviously this means (to me at least) that the strps would be interchangeable.

Waipio Jeff

Somewhere in between. It feels lite and a bit clinky but I think it may be just due to the larger links that are probaby hollow. I have no complaints about the bracelet though.

Scavolas

Just did it and had an auto-reply from her saying that she has to move her office so for the next 2 days she is unable to reply emails and send packages. Just FYI in case you didn't know.

I'd give Mary a try at: [email protected]

Balad1
Just did it and had an auto-reply from her saying that she has to move her office so for the next 2 days she is unable to reply emails and send packages. Just FYI in case you didn't know.

I'd give Mary a try at: [email protected]

Thanks

KeNnY

Scavolas old news :)

Scavolas

Well, if it WAS old news, why so many people purchased the white dial version from TS last week? One thing that TS said it WILL be available sometime in the coming weeks and another that it IS available.

I know, now the waiting for the A7750 version will follow...

Actually, I think this Pro Diver Chrono is just ugly, unlike its bracelet.

Scavolas old news :)

KeNnY

Scavolas I have written this information few days ago into correct thread of 51mm version of Pro Diver.... They have bought the white dial version because they like it in white.

Mary (watchinternational) has got already the 51mm version also for about week now.

What I am looking is the 49mm version non chrono - ORIS PRODIVER DATE. Well this is still not available :)

Scavolas

OK, sorry for that, mate.

The buzz around Oris diver models lately may pulls some strings somewhere and hopefully would create a situation for more Oris models being repped.

Scavolas I have written this information few days ago into correct thread of 51mm version of Pro Diver.... They have bought the white dial version because they like it in white.

Mary (watchinternational) has got already the 51mm version also for about week now.

What I am looking is the 49mm version non chrono - ORIS PRODIVER DATE. Well this is still not available :)

KeNnY

Scavolas you don't need to apology ;) no harm done mate.

I like how Mary quickly responded about the Hype, what was going here around this Pro Diver ! :) I really hope that the Pro Diver Date will be available soon, I love the look of the watch, and don't need the chrono pushers, for better water resistant (not that I swim with my watches, or even planning to swim, but you never know !) :D