TimePeace

RWI m2m withdrawals

LiZnoGouD

I feel you :p

Natas78
17 hours ago, iamonline said:

I liked the M2M but eventually my funds dried up, and I switched to reading.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The better choice, if only to return to binge buying the wiser :)

bora12

I miss m2m so much. It's really how I learned about all the different watches.

Also, I don't know how the community is here, but I am just starting my first Franken project and the people at RWI have been so incredibly helpful. I can't wait for RWI to be back up.

Is RWG more euro? Seems most of the m2m sales are out of UK/EU

repIWCone

The m2m here is much quieter than RWI, for sure. But, as was noted, that's probably partly a result of fewer members. It also appears that RWI members bump their posts more frequently.

black263

We seem to go for quality rather than quantity.

SliceMaster
1 hour ago, black263 said:

We seem to go for quality rather than quantity.

And a lot less franken/wanken/genen bull shit that is all over M2M on both RepGeek and RWI, and yes I`ve been a member on all the 4 forums for at least + 10 years so I can compare

Daffy

Like this?

I put in gen springbars and crystal.  My watch is now worth $600...

MAJ75

I regard RWI's M2M more & more as "The Wild West" the hardline approach of the mods is absolutely the right operational tactic. On one hand the volume of sales brings some really interesting pieces with plenty of variety across the quality standards & on the other hand there is an ever increasing number of profiteers & scammmers trying to take advantage of the wider community.

I think RWG is lucky that it hasn't been infected by these opportunistic chancers who appear for all of the wrong reasons, so in many ways the volume & pace is gentler but the potential hassle factor is much, much lower. Another observation here at RWG (that was more prevalent back when I got started) is that bargains were routinely offered that benefitted the wider community rather than letting things go for very near to the original TD price which is more or less what happens 90% of the time now (maybe this is closer aligned to the wider economic climate currently than mean spirits).

In both cases I tip my cap to the mods who work extremely hard to protect the membership.

splke

I always felt we self moderate sales here a little and if you price too high you get ignored if you profiteer you get your bollox flames and trampled. A lot of us try to sell at decent prices and offer vip discounts. Less of a market and more of a blockbusters 

SliceMaster
1 hour ago, Daffy said:

Like this?

Exactly!! You try that shit here and you will be told off!!

bobandshawn
1 hour ago, Daffy said:

No, no, no. gen springbars, and crystal, AND brushed per gen. My watch is now worth $600...

:thumbsup:

GC

I sell there

I buy here

ymmv

SliceMaster
2 hours ago, GC said:

I sell there

I buy here

ymmv

Perfect!

amstaffs

I still dont understand how you cannot value a lets say 1k lv tc with gen dw, crystal and insert. Even a friend of mine who has a gen 16610 LN Sub thought it is real after comparing for 5mins side by side.

Now ofc there are several frankens that are hilarious (imho), like the 5k Audemars currently on sale. That thing is a beauty, its more than awesome, but who the fuck spends 5k on a fake watch? 

I mean, 1k or 350 does not make that much of a difference, its the simple decision if i want to buy 3 stock reps from TD or m2m or 1 franken watch that fixes the flaws of the standard rep.

Furthermore its the modding and the development of the watch itself that amazes me. 

In addition to that: 

This place might be less stressy and not crowded with newbs like me...but it is just....really.... dead. I miss high amount of new posts/content daily.

SliceMaster
1 hour ago, amstaffs said:

In addition to that: 

This place might be less stressy and not crowded with newbs like me...but it is just....really.... dead. I miss high amount of new posts/content daily.

Here`s a suggestion for you then...PISS OFF

McGilli
23 hours ago, MAJ75 said:

rather than letting things go for very near to the original TD price which is more or less what happens 90% of the time now

I check out M2M on occasion - and I've noticed this much more in the past month. Compared to a few months ago. Used to be seemingly fair prices, reduced and good bargains in my eyes.

Lately I've seen a lot more of "I bought for $298 + Shipping so I'm selling for $296 shipping included". But ask Splke mentioned - it all comes down to self moderation - no one's forcing us to buy at those prices - it's just more fun seeing the deals and people getting excited about them...

amstaffs
1 hour ago, SliceMaster said:

Here`s a suggestion for you then...PISS OFF

Thanks alot, will do as soon as RWI is back up....

just kidding...its a nice place, but different qualities. I guess its personal opinion anyway.

trendconcept
5 hours ago, amstaffs said:

Now ofc there are several frankens that are hilarious (imho), like the 5k Audemars currently on sale. That thing is a beauty, its more than awesome, but who the fuck spends 5k on a fake watch? 

You mean something like my newest Genstein project? ;)

This time even I myself think I'm crazy.

20180118_230844.jpg

black263
23 minutes ago, trendconcept said:

20180118_230844.jpg

WOW.  All those lovely parts, wasted on a fake Rolex.

gharenas

That looks like one epic project :)

trendconcept
20 minutes ago, black263 said:

WOW.  All those lovely parts, wasted on a fake Rolex.

Hahahahaha, IKR ;)

:shithappens:

BustaPart
1 hour ago, trendconcept said:

20180118_230844.jpg

How long does a build like that take?

(and how long to source all those parts?) 

:) 

trendconcept

@BustaPart

It depends. If you are searching for very good prices, you have to hunt a little bit. This can take it's time (maybe around three months). But if there are no major budget constraints, the parts for a 16610 Submariner are pretty easy to come by. You just have to know which doors you have to knock on. You probably need the most patience for sourcing a serviced movement. I myself was lucky enough to buy a Franken-Kit on RepGeek just after Christmas. The set also included a Yuki movement + slotted date finger + engraved 3135 bridge + service with rolex oil all done by Tickleshoes. I only had to buy new hands, crown & tube and a gen dial. And then I swapped the gen crystal with AR and LEC from the Franken-Kit for a period correct crystal without AR and LEC. And here I am. Now I have to send all the stuff to Domi and he will do his magic.

jamesezra

Yeah I agree.. I miss the M2M on RWI. Nothing gets sold here. :/

And of course, the incessant refreshing of the M2M page.

BustaPart
1 hour ago, trendconcept said:

@BustaPart

It depends.

Beautiful. Keen to see the final result!