pinkyandthebrain

SH3135 service

Luxuracer
3 hours ago, Cdenim said:

I had thought we were looking at the intermediate reduction wheels for the 2nd  and 3rd pinions. i used the movement retaining screws position to make that assumption

Also note there location to the balance

They would be these here on the miyota. 

I believe it to be eta based same as BP just decorated differently. But i'll give it to the guys in Guangzhou.  These are a far cry from the A3135, eta based movements we've seen.  Without having it on my bench and going off pics this is how i ascertained, albeit incorrectly, it was the miyota.  I will buy you those beers anytime....

The only Miyota 8215 decorated to Rolex 3136 movement in a Datejust is from EW Factory. Its beat rate is at 21,600bph.

datejustii-116333-ss-yg-41mm-ew-best-edi

But thanks to you, I also found the Datejust that I want ... DATEJUST II SS BP WHITE STICKS DIAL ON SS OYSTER BRACELET SA3136 MOVEMENT.

I have not pull the trigger yet. I am still hunting for a Datejust 41 (126300) newer dial on a SS Jubilee Bracelet. The only problem is they only come in A2824 or A2836 decorated to 3235 ... :-(

datejustii-41mm-ss-bp-best-edition-white

Look at that beautiful SA3136 (aka SA3135)

rek001

Hmm, Chicago based, eh? I lived there for 30 years now I'm in the suburbs.

I don't have any issues with my reps right now, but it would certainly be great to have a rep friendly watchsmith to drop off watches to.

In the past when I've had problems I used a guy up in North Center, Damen & Irving Park. He did an ok job but asked too many questions about reps, couldn't really comprehend why I would spend good money on fake watches. It was really annoying. I also used, and some of you may remember him - Ed In West Chicago. He's now retired.

I haven't been able to find anyone else in the area since then.

Good luck to you and I may look you up sometime.

Cdenim
2 hours ago, rek001 said:

Hmm, Chicago based, eh? I lived there for 30 years now I'm in the suburbs.

I don't have any issues with my reps right now, but it would certainly be great to have a rep friendly watchsmith to drop off watches to.

In the past when I've had problems I used a guy up in North Center, Damen & Irving Park. He did an ok job but asked too many questions about reps, couldn't really comprehend why I would spend good money on fake watches. It was really annoying. I also used, and some of you may remember him - Ed In West Chicago. He's now retired.

I haven't been able to find anyone else in the area since then.

Good luck to you and I may look you up sometime.

I'll be here for you brother...until september. Attending the Nicolas Hayek watchmaking school in Miami...Damn. such a shitty location....to complete my Swiss WOSTEP certification. Then to where ever the swatch group deems me necessary. 

Cdenim
6 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

The only Miyota 8215 decorated to Rolex 3136 movement in a Datejust is from EW Factory. Its beat rate is at 21,600bph.

But thanks to you, I also found the Datejust that I want ... DATEJUST II SS BP WHITE STICKS DIAL ON SS OYSTER BRACELET SA3136 MOVEMENT.

I have not pull the trigger yet. I am still hunting for a Datejust 41 (126300) newer dial on a SS Jubilee Bracelet. The only problem is they only come in A2824 or A2836 decorated to 3235 ... :-(

Look at that beautiful SA3136 (aka SA3135)

Thats so NICE. See think you should buy the first round...LOL. I'm just saying, These movements are getting pretty good. I love the detail they come with. Ugh... just flopped down $450 on the new ARF DSSD.... That paint link i sent you.. check out what it looks like. It reflects light same as the gen!!! Really blown away by this stuffResized_20180103_143523.jpg

Resized_20180103_143514.jpg

Luxuracer
6 hours ago, Cdenim said:

Thats so NICE. See think you should buy the first round...LOL. I'm just saying, These movements are getting pretty good. I love the detail they come with. Ugh... just flopped down $450 on the new ARF DSSD.... That paint link i sent you.. check out what it looks like. It reflects light same as the gen!!! Really blown away by this stuffResized_20180103_143523.jpg

Wait ... I thought I remember that you were lean more toward the Noob DSSD V7 than the ARF ?!?

I love the ARF ... but not until they fitted a SA3135 in it.

As for the platinum paint ... You need to give me some ... What am I going to do with 1kg of paint ?!?! ... I only have 1 Sub-c and one SD4K bezels to paint. 

You need to do a pictorial tutorial of that platinum paint mod.

Cdenim
30 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Wait ... I thought I remember that you were lean more toward the Noob DSSD V7 than the ARF ?!?

I love the ARF ... but not until they fitted a SA3135 in it.

As for the platinum paint ... You need to give me some ... What am I going to do with 1kg of paint ?!?! ... I only have 1 Sub-c and one SD4K bezels to paint. 

You need to do a pictorial tutorial of that platinum paint mod.

No problem my friend, Its a bit tricky use as you have to evaporate the solution using an anode on the bezel to keep it electrically charged so the platinum sticks. Its like plating paint for the most part. I'll send you over some after i do these subs coming in. You could paint a wall, or maybe the bathroom. how bout a boat or maybe a car rim.. Yourself on Halloween, the applications are endless... LOL  I'll send more than you'll need for a few bezels. Now for the ARF. been going back n forth on exile about this. On the thread i've been on, was the first i seen for the arf, these guys are beating the dog snot out of it. So, a little dick move yes, but i said ok, put my dssd, the arf a noob v7 and gen in a comparison shot together and asked which watches they were. Not one person got it right. NOT ONE. a ton of replies saying the arf was noob v7. And the point was, not unless you had several people bashing it with that pic right in front of you, you wouldn't know the difference. Kinda pissed a few off but hopefully it opened some eyes up. See. way left field.. I'm sure you know what my plans are the minute that thing arrives,., this pic should have clued you in.

Sea-_Dweller-116660-22_D-_BLUE22-_ARF-1-

Luxuracer
16 minutes ago, Cdenim said:

See. way left field.. I'm sure you know what my plans are the minute that thing arrives,., this pic should have clued you in.

Sea-_Dweller-116660-22_D-_BLUE22-_ARF-1-

You do not have tell me ... you already have a SH3135/Yuki waiting for it !!! ... I know you have not found a Cal.3135 ... or have you !?!

I do wish I can do what you do ... (be careful what you wish for!)

I see the ARF DSSD quality is higher than Noob V7 ... but the "expert" beat me up so bad ... I ran away ... Kakaka!

Cdenim
You do not have tell me ... you already have a SH3135/Yuki waiting for it !!! ... I know you have not found a Cal.3135 ... or have you !?!
I do wish I can do what you do ... (be careful what you wish for!)
I see the ARF DSSD quality is higher than Noob V7 ... but the "expert" beat me up so bad ... I ran away ... Kakaka!
Lol..who was this expert. I know of only one. The only one I'd listen to anyway. Raddave. First tutorial i read was daves ultimate guide to the Dssd and the V's. Instant respect for him. The only thing i see, but many of these pics are pre-production stuff, is the gradient on the dial is a little less as to the gen, but the blue is way better than noobs. Along with the case and bracelet. The clasp is honestly so close, there is no telling it apart. He was probably the guy that guessed my v7 was the gen and the arf was the noob and was aggravated. Thats all. Here's that bezel all donec9a9b973b91c155fab6eb390dc340398.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Lol..who was this expert. I know of only one. The only one I'd listen to anyway. Raddave. First tutorial i read was daves ultimate guide to the Dssd and the V's. Instant respect for him. The only thing i see, but many of these pics are pre-production stuff, is the gradient on the dial is a little less as to the gen, but the blue is way better than noobs. Along with the case and bracelet. The clasp is honestly so close, there is no telling it apart. He was probably the guy that guessed my v7 was the gen and the arf was the noob and was aggravated. Thats all. Here's that bezel all donec9a9b973b91c155fab6eb390dc340398.jpg&key=a6661239e7fccc516ba0d2bd7aa563f355ca80e84c9ebe12088ad9bb9133779d

Flabbergasted. Always wanted to use that word

PlanetZoom
9 hours ago, Cdenim said:

Did you mod that?  Is that the platinum paint mod you referred to in this thread?

10:10 Watch Repair

Nice looking bezel, I would love to hear more about the paint. 

pinkyandthebrain

paint mod from @Cdenim in process :Applause:

0eca0e95865f0709666f4e9438d6287c.jpg&keyd9cf66bed25b6a5ba0c71e938b5eb4f9.jpg&key

Luxuracer
5 minutes ago, pinkyandthebrain said:

paint mod from @Cdenim in process :Applause:

0eca0e95865f0709666f4e9438d6287c.jpg&keyd9cf66bed25b6a5ba0c71e938b5eb4f9.jpg&key

You better do a good job on this ... @Cdenim!

Because I'm gonna send all my ceramic bezel inserts to you ... so you can platinum paint mod for me.

That way you do not have to send me the paint ... Kakaka!

Cdenim
8 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

You better do a good job on this ... @Cdenim!

Because I'm gonna send all my ceramic bezel inserts to you ... so you can platinum paint mod for me.

That way you do not have to send me the paint ... Kakaka!

Yee of little faith. Those were shot just after the solution evaporated. alot of clean up was left and the clear which to me is the perfect finishing touch to give it that matallic shimmer but dull in glossy-ness the gen platinum has. Heres pre cleaning, high magnification to show how this stuff fills evenly

picture_2018_1_5_21_1_44_539.jpg

The best part (and I'll post some finished tomorrow, hoping for sun) are all of those shots were just sent to show how this stuff acts in very low light conditions. all my shop lights are off less the emergency lights. 

It doesn't go dark like noobs, or vrf's or anybodies factory bezel insert but stays almost a metalic frosted white, but where it picks up light flashes brownish silver. Color is real nice. l"d say within (being as byas as i can be) 95% as to how it looks and performs. This side by side says it all. Taken just before the metal paint is applied and directly after it was dry.Pics_Art_01-05-06.08.21.jpg

honesty doesn't look like the same watch

ssouthall6
the movement in arf is the sa3135. I'm doing the same work

Are you sure? ARF has been using sh3135 in every other watch and others I've spoken to have said their 116234 came with sh3135 despite being listed as the sa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luxuracer
2 hours ago, ssouthall6 said:

Are you sure? ARF has been using sh3135 in every other watch and others I've spoken to have said their 116234 came with sh3135 despite being listed as the sa.

You are correct ... ARF use SH3135 in their Datejust 36mm and Milgauss ... Some TDs mislabeled them as SA3135.

ssouthall6
You are correct ... ARF use SH3135 in their Datejust 36mm and Milgauss ... Some TDs mislabeled them as SA3135.

Thanks, thought so. That's a relief, spent the last month trying to get hold of a gen stem if it had been in vain I'd have been gutted!

Just to add to the topic I believe you can use gen reversing and driving wheels on the sa3135. You have to grind the jewel to make them fit but they will fit.@Maxracingshox or@Max Payne or whatever he is on here has got them to fit and improved the reliability accordingly

Luxuracer
3 hours ago, Cdenim said:

Pics_Art_01-05-06.08.21.jpg

honesty doesn't look like the same watch

Beautiful work, bro!

Totally change the look of the watch ... it's 5 times better with the correct platinum paint mod.

Many "experts" swear by the Noob V7 Sub-c. Personally I think Noob V7 has the "worst" insert. People base on detail that the naked eyes can not see and accept the shortcoming of the insert. I would take the stock ARF (or even the BP) over the Noob Sub-c any day, just because of the look of the insert. 

If you get a Noob, you have to get the paint mod done or sent it out for the Spongebob mod.

It's my nickel ... Kakaka!

Stufuse
4 hours ago, ssouthall6 said:

Thanks for this! Apologies, at least I know now what is actually in mine then haha.

1 hour ago, Luxuracer said:

Thanks for the info.

Stufuse
On 03/01/2018 at 21:06, Cdenim said:

That bezel!  real nice job.

Cdenim
5 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Beautiful work, bro!

Totally change the look of the watch ... it's 5 times better with the correct platinum paint mod.

Many "experts" swear by the Noob V7 Sub-c. Personally I think Noob V7 has the "worst" insert. People base on detail that the naked eyes can not see and accept the shortcoming of the insert. I would take the stock ARF (or even the BP) over the Noob Sub-c any day, just because of the look of the insert. 

If you get a Noob, you have to get the paint mod done or sent it out for the Spongebob mod.

And finishend in different lighting

Resized_20180106_084618_1.jpg

Resized_20180106_083900.jpg

Next to my Spongebob on my Dssd for comparison

Resized_20180106_084117.jpg

Resized_20180106_084037.jpg

Cdenim
5 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Beautiful work, bro!

I couldn't agree with you more my friend. People ( us) will tear a watch apart bc there is a microscopic difference in the sel's vs gen, But will use a sharpie to color in, the first thing on that watch you'll see. Plain and simple, Its a giant, ceramic, Vegas style, neon sign on top of your watch saying "I am real, Or I am fake" . And only now can we actually do something about it. Looking at Gens lately, Its the first thing my eye migrates to without question. I just got 2 ebay scammers booted bc of there canal streets with thin white bezel inserts. Why its taken 8 years to finally have the factories finally start making this important is beyond my comprehension. And the AR factory is the first one to almost hit the mark, first on the SD4K and hit it out of the park on the DSSD.,  Which the minute its unboxed you will have a Pulitzer prise comparo to read going so deep, it implode the titanium caseback of these deepseas.

Cdenim

Resized_20180106_132902.jpg

My favorite shot. Shows how in direct sunlight it doesn't disperse the light and make the inlay look clumpy and nasty like paint does.  on the dirct light side it has a very white, very reflective-ness to it and off light, the more brownish, iridescence that real platinum has. very, very  close to gen. a real good 114060......

Cdenim

And here gentalmen, is why upon recieving your beautiful new rep with any movement really but in particular the chs 3135's...

We start with a test fit of roulette wheel. Slight mod to the little round holders there on the indicator seating.

Got that squared away. Now we tear into it. Notice how much gunk is in there. Lubrication where its not needed leading to that dirt and dust getting stuck on places you don't want it. And missing lubrication where it is necessary wearing parts pre-maturly.

All ready..

Now cleaned in an ultrasonic/mechanical L&R machine with L&R cleaner, rince then i use a dez-bright from zenith for final rinse.

Notice how the parts dont look dull and dingy, but super bright and clean. These parts will now last indefinitely.

I cant stress this enough, niether the SH/yuki, or the SA 3135 are bad movements. In fact what you see there is pretty much the same (with some exceptions) as the rolex cal. 3135. Not made to the same standards albiet no where near the same quality control or engineering benchmarks rolex is known for. But serve the same purpose non the less. They just need to be serviced once you get them.. no telling how long, problem free they'll last after service, but have the first one i came across still puring like a kitten in a drawer from 2014. 6d77791b3b83b949065ac86000a0b1f8.jpg247e5619b73c0e4c12d051d0b5c56998.jpgf59f45bf91fa634330e24071ca7ec3e2.jpg1473db0a9856523b757a4d9693ef839b.jpg6b4e8c49b16eccdcbf98f1e83de54259.jpga67d4006f02a1159d31c6709774a0dcc.jpg2800ce707f03a642642938f4c5ecab9d.jpg

10:10 Watch Repair
5 hours ago, Cdenim said:

I cant stress this enough, niether the SH/yuki, or the SA 3135 are bad movements. In fact what you see there is pretty much the same (with some exceptions) as the rolex cal. 3135. 

Seriously?:lol:

Cdenim
2 hours ago, 10:10 Watch Repair said:

Seriously?:lol:

i have never had anything go wrong with mine. nothing. more stable than some eta's i've had. couldn't tell you anything really bad with them 5 yrs ago, and after servicing 4 today, can't tell you anything wrong with them now.