HHjones

First Rolex best place to buy?

HHjones

Hi everyone,

i am new to the forum as I only joined the other day, have had a good browse around and looked at many people’s watches and feedback. I have looked at the trusted sellers so know where to buy :) 

was just wondering what the best submariner would be for a first buy? Also who has the best replicas for the best price. 

love the blue/gold but maybe a bit flashy, would love to see some pics of people’s and sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. Wasn’t sure where to post. Thanks and look forward to ordering my first watch soon :) 

TRANSPORTER

Trusted dealers mate, you can't go wrong,  and you'll find that the basically get all the reps from the same factories, I found getting a rapor going with the dealer of your choice and you end up staying with them, enjoy the hunt.

HHjones
17 minutes ago, TRANSPORTER said:

Trusted dealers mate, you can't go wrong,  and you'll find that the basically get all the reps from the same factories, I found getting a rapor going with the dealer of your choice and you end up staying with them, enjoy the hunt.

Ok thanks for the help, so I’m guessing as long as it’s from a trusted seller, should be of great quality, definitely want a sub :) 

KarmaToBurn
26 minutes ago, HHjones said:

Ok thanks for the help, so I’m guessing as long as it’s from a trusted seller, should be of great quality, definitely want a sub :) 

Hang out in this Rolex section and read read read about the different versions. When buying a gen you only have to think about the different models. When buying a rep you have all the different models AND all the different versions to consider. Do you want a vintage sub, a newer sub, a ceramic sub, which movement do you want, how many flaws are you willing to accept, how much do you want to spend? When you've figured out all of that then go to the TD of your choice and make an order. But first.... read  :)  

HHjones
Just now, KarmaToBurn said:

Head over to the Rolex section and read read read about the different versions. When buying a gen you only have to think about the different models. When buying a rep you have all the different models AND all the different versions to consider. Do you want a vintage sub, a newer sub, a ceramic sub, which movement do you want, how many flaws are you willing to accept, how much do you want to spend? When you've figured out all of that then go to the TD of your choice and make an order. But first.... read  :)  

Thanks for the advice bud will definitely consider all of the above. Won’t be buying for another month or two so I will research as much as possible!! 

TRANSPORTER

Factor in the region of £350 for a top sub ( or any high end rep) yes you can get them for less my figure will be the ceiling ok, aim for a 2836 movement only because it's a high beat and thus more gen like on the sweep of the second hand, unless you go vintage in which case a 21j movement will be fine as the gen old subs ran at tha tower speed.

HHjones
10 minutes ago, TRANSPORTER said:

Factor in the region of £350 for a top sub ( or any high end rep) yes you can get them for less my figure will be the ceiling ok, aim for a 2836 movement only because it's a high beat and thus more gen like on the sweep of the second hand, unless you go vintage in which case a 21j movement will be fine as the gen old subs ran at tha tower speed.

Ok thanks for the tips :) wanted to spend £300 max but may be able to go higher, there’s so many watches I want so have a feeling it may become an addiction lol 

Captain Swoop

If you want a Sub you can't go far wrong with a Regmariner from Narikaa

actiblake

[REMOVED]

Edited by actiblake