Khronos

AP 15400 JF V2J dial color

Howitzer
33 minutes ago, ieweey said:

I beg to differ. Maybe it applies to the rep? My wife has the gen blue dial in a tiny size, and it always looks matt and dull. 

I was referring to the rep. I've never seen a gen blue dial AP in the wild so cannot personally comment on a direct comparison. I've read a few reviews / opinions stating that the rep blue dial is more "lively" than the gen, which is apparently more understated. 

33 minutes ago, ieweey said:

I beg to differ. Maybe it applies to the rep? My wife has the gen blue dial in a tiny size, and it always looks matt and dull. 

I was referring to the rep. I've never seen a gen blue dial AP in the wild so cannot personally comment on a direct comparison. I've read a few reviews / opinions stating that the rep blue dial is more "lively" than the gen, which is apparently more understated. 

drifterr

Got mine today.

Amazing piece.57452a2ee60bd2e573ac68a31f11f17e.jpg466cbf99496e79e1d4fb2f78e4a1743b.jpgac5e9ec24ec032e63b87da96bab69628.jpge065bccd405470b2ad80617dd1c10bad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Howitzer
1 hour ago, drifterr said:

Got mine today.

Amazing piece.57452a2ee60bd2e573ac68a31f11f17e.jpg466cbf99496e79e1d4fb2f78e4a1743b.jpgac5e9ec24ec032e63b87da96bab69628.jpge065bccd405470b2ad80617dd1c10bad.jpg

Aaaaaand now I miss mine even more.... 

Manhattan88

Wow, this is really what an forum should be like! No one else would care about the color of a watch dial :D

I thought very much about it, too. Summarizing, AP, especially 15400, especially JFs are just GREAT

• Black: cool,  inconspicuous, understatement. 
  • Blue: dynamic, young, masculin, serious.
  • White: flawless, cold, clean

How much it is like the gen, idk. I never saw a gen, and if I met someone, wearing a gen AP, I would not pull my rep out of my pocket and compare the dial color in the sunlight... As long as it looks good for its own, and isn't obvious completly other than gen, it is okay.

So this is a matter of taste, for sure. I like every version, except the grey one. 
For me, I like the blue dial, but in the end I've chosen white.  

I like the clean look, everything on the watch is just silver, there is no other color than silver, its all metal, full-metal so to say. It is pure. The blue is perhaps more male, for a dial, but I don't need a maskulin dial. I'm maskulin enough so far :balls: :Applause:.

Rod
On 1/15/2018 at 20:55, Manhattan88 said:

Wow, this is really what an forum should be like! No one else would care about the color of a watch dial :D

I thought very much about it, too. Summarizing, AP, especially 15400, especially JFs are just GREAT

• Black: cool,  inconspicuous, understatement. 
  • Blue: dynamic, young, masculin, serious.
  • White: flawless, cold, clean

How much it is like the gen, idk. I never saw a gen, and if I met someone, wearing a gen AP, I would not pull my rep out of my pocket and compare the dial color in the sunlight... As long as it looks good for its own, and isn't obvious completly other than gen, it is okay.

So this is a matter of taste, for sure. I like every version, except the grey one. 
For me, I like the blue dial, but in the end I've chosen white.  

I like the clean look, everything on the watch is just silver, there is no other color than silver, its all metal, full-metal so to say. It is pure. The blue is perhaps more male, for a dial, but I don't need a maskulin dial. I'm maskulin enough so far :balls: :Applause:.

But apparently you do need a big blue naked guy as your maskulin avatar :balls:

(I'm a big fan of Watchmen and Alan Moore myself,  but Dr. Manhattan was never my favourite character ;))

Manhattan88
34 minutes ago, Rod said:

But apparently you do need a big blue naked guy as your maskulin avatar :balls:

(I'm a big fan of Watchmen and Alan Moore myself,  but Dr. Manhattan was never my favourite character ;))

Haha xD  Yes, that is true, too! I never thought that my picture could imply a homoerotic message :rofl:
What is your favorite character from Watchmen?

My order from watchoutlet01 wasn't succesfull (right now when I am ordering, their payment method does not work anymore), so I'm at the beginning again... 

And to be honest, I am again weighing between the blue and the white dial...   :fiddle: 

drifterr
Haha xD  Yes, that is true, too! I never thought that my picture could imply a homoerotic message :rofl:
My order from watchoutlet01 wasn't succesfull (right now when I am ordering, their payment method does not work anymore), so I'm at the beginning again... 
And to be honest, I am again weighing between the blue and the white dial...   :fiddle: 

Blue is amazing...

Give Toro a try he's got them and plenty of payment methods unlike puretime and watch outlet632ce3383ca0a3660e7da0ad911542ef.jpg5e38ea8e130fb8d6a94780bebbdd22b4.jpg

Rod
12 hours ago, Manhattan88 said:

Hmmm probably Ozymandias, followed closely by Rorschach, in the end they are the two most complex characters and whole story is really about them. 

P.s. I second what Drifterr said, go with Toro!

Manhattan88
4 minutes ago, Rod said:

Hmmm probably Ozymandias, followed closely by Rorschach, in the end they are the two most complex characters and whole story is really about them. 

P.s. I second what Drifterr said, go with Toro!

Not the notorious Comedian? I love that movie, it is very strong, very deep. 

I am open for both blue and white dial, trying to catch one M2M

Rod
9 hours ago, Manhattan88 said:

Not the notorious Comedian? I love that movie, it is very strong, very deep. 

I am open for both blue and white dial, trying to catch one M2M

I first fell in love with the comic book a few years before the movie but luckily it's pretty faithful. Yes the Comedian is pretty important as well (no mistery to solve without him and therefore no story).

suchness

how do you guys feel about the size? only thing holding me back

Manhattan88
1 minute ago, suchness said:

how do you guys feel about the size? only thing holding me back

Size of 15400?

I guess it is right between a small dress watch and a big sport watch. The gen is pretty thin (about 9.8mm) and the rep, too (about 10.5mm), which makes it nice to wear. 

Give it a try? Perhaps you can try a cheaper one, buy it M2M to test if it fits your taste. 

suchness
9 minutes ago, Manhattan88 said:

Size of 15400?

I guess it is right between a small dress watch and a big sport watch. The gen is pretty thin (about 9.8mm) and the rep, too (about 10.5mm), which makes it nice to wear. 

Give it a try? Perhaps you can try a cheaper one, buy it M2M to test if it fits your taste. 

yeah I've been monitoring the m2m section for a while 

I don't mind splurging on a new one, but I also really like the ultra slim options with quartz movements... lol

lliu31

Anyone know the differences between v1, v2? I have a v1 en route. Heard it was just bracelet difference between the two. Not sure. 

EvoVI
On 17.01.2018 at 13:06, drifterr said:

Blue is amazing...

What is your wrist size mate? Trying to understand if i can be in the game with my 7' wrist.

drifterr
What is your wrist size mate? Trying to understand if i can be in the game with my 7' wrist.
7" mate.

Fits well a5018455e364fcb8020d96b86762313b.jpgf9820edcd28eab1c534e7995246aff1e.jpg

EvoVI
1 hour ago, drifterr said:

7" mate.

Fits well

Fits really awesome!

Khronos

Mine has just arrived from China:

20180202_162646.jpg

20180202_162715.jpg

That blue is splendid!

Khronos

On a flat top 18.5cm wrist

20180202_163533.jpg

It's much bigger than I expected for a 41mm watch..

Howitzer
2 hours ago, Khronos said:

On a flat top 18.5cm wrist

20180202_163533.jpg

It's much bigger than I expected for a 41mm watch..

Beautiful mate, great choice! 

drifterr

Yes agree with@khronos

It does wear bigger. But that's with all APs.

Yee

As someone with a smaller wrist, I am slightly hesitant on pulling the trigger on a 15400. However, this watch is too gorgeous not to consider

turrofou

that 15400 is just incredible the AR is the BEST after market on replica watch!

Khronos

AR is really not too bad on these :)

20180211_151405.jpg

Whootish

It seems I’m having the same reservations as most about this watch.
I love the blue and that would be my first colour choice but the size worries me a bit.
My daily is a Rolex ceramic sub.
Anyone have any first hand experience of how they compare on a 7” wrist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk