stüssi

JF 16610 No Rehaut Review

RepTime
13 minutes ago, Raphaeeel said:

Ahahah ;), looking QC too closely drive the man crazy 

The only thing you should/could change tho is the datewheel. That font is too thick.
I've got a JF16610LN coming in as well and that's the first thing that's getting replaced. Besides that the watch looks great.

7 minutes ago, Raphaeeel said:

Your wife too 

:rofl::clap:

Raphaeeel

Don’t be so sad and aggressive man, just enjoy the moment and your life . Peace 

Raphaeeel
2 minutes ago, RepTime said:

The only thing you should/could change tho is the datewheel. That font is too thick.
I've got a JF16610LN coming in as well and that's the first thing that's getting replaced. Besides that the watch looks great.

:rofl::clap:

Thank you for your tips mate ! I will sent photos when I receive it ! Cheers 

RepTime
1 minute ago, Raphaeeel said:

Thank you for your tips mate ! I will sent photos when I receive it ! Cheers 

Awesome! Looking forward to it, you're welcome.

trendconcept
10 hours ago, bora12 said:

The Cyclops on the JF crystal does not have the famed "black hole effect" that gen crystals do. The LV insert is not the correct colour green - a touch too dark

That said, the gen LV insert is very expensive (about double the price of the watch). The LN insert is much more reasonable. I bought the JF LV but am replacing with a gen LN insert

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Just for your info. Not every gen crystal has AR under the cyclops. The gen crystals with the black hole effect have the Ref. B25-295-CAR-C1 and are not period correct for a TC/JF Sub 16610. In fact, it's an obvious tell. The correct crystal for  your 16610 Sub would be the Ref. B25-295-C2-C4 (C4 relates to gasket) and has no LEC and no AR. I made the experience that a new (sealed) period correct gen crystal is harder to get and definetly not cheaper. Many RWG/RWI members use the B25-295-C12-C1 crystal which would be correct for your 116610 Sub but also fits the 16610 Sub (but I believe the height is wrong).

bora12
Just for your info. Not every gen crystal has AR under the cyclops. The gen crystals with the black hole effect have the Ref. B25-295-CAR-C1 and are not period correct for a TC/JF Sub 16610. In fact, it's an obvious tell. The correct crystal for  your 16610 Sub would be the Ref. B25-295-C2-C4 (C4 relates to gasket) and has no LEC and no AR. I made the experience that a new (sealed) period correct gen crystal is harder to get and definetly not cheaper. Many RWG/RWI members use the B25-295-C12-C1 crystal which would be correct for your 116610 Sub but also fits the 16610 Sub (but I believe the height is wrong).
Thank you. I am far from an expert on the subject. Some people have different objectives with their reps, some want to look good, some want to be period correct etc. I personally went with the 25-295-C1 crystal with non-"S" LEC and no AR . It's not perfect or period correct, but I think it's a good upgrade from the JF crystal.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

trendconcept
8 minutes ago, bora12 said:

Thank you. I am far from an expert on the subject. Some people have different objectives with their reps, some want to look good, some want to be period correct etc. I personally went with the 25-295-C1 crystal with non-"S" LEC and no AR . It's not perfect or period correct, but I think it's a good upgrade from the JF crystal.

I agree 100% with you. I myself have installed a crystal with black hole effect on a JF Sub and I really like it. But for my TC Genstein project I want everything to be period correct so I go with the B25-295-C2-C4.

bora12
I agree 100% with you. I myself have installed a crystal with black hole effect on a JF Sub and I really like it. But for my TC Genstein project I want everything to be period correct so I go with the B25-295-C2-C4.
Nice. This is my first rolex project. I actually like the aluminium bezel insert vs. the ceramic so the 16610 was the obvious choice for me. Probably an unpopular opinion but I have a gen bond 2531.80 and I quite like it.

This will be my last project for a while. Buying a gen speedy and I have 3 more reps on my list and then I need to take a serious break or my fiance will leave me lol!

RepTime
12 hours ago, trendconcept said:

If I may ask Clarks sells the  25-295-C-2 crystal. I assume this is the same crystal as the  B25-295-C2-C4 you mentioned in your post?  The only thing different with clarks is that it has the crystal  with a 2.5, 2.7, 2.85 or 3.0 mm height gasket.  My question would be is this the correct crystal and which height gasket would be correct  for the 16610 Sub. Or could you tell me where else I can find the correct crystal you mentioned?

Suk
If I may ask Clarks sells the  25-295-C-2 crystal. I assume this is the same crystal as the  B25-295-C2-C4 you mentioned in your post?  The only thing different with clarks is that it has the crystal  with a 2.5, 2.7, 2.85 or 3.0 mm height gasket.  My question would be is this the correct crystal and which height gasket would be correct  for the 16610 Sub. Or could you tell me where else I can find the correct crystal you mentioned?

That I am also wondering. Gen has a raised crystal... not always the replica. I would like to know what the correct height is.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

trendconcept
27 minutes ago, RepTime said:

I believe - but I am not sure - that the Clark crystal you mentioned is being used by BK. It would be best to ask him directly which gasket he uses (or used) for his 16610 Subs. C4 would be 3.00 mm. So far, I only used the Clark crystal you mentioned once. For a Datejust. For this I used the C3 gasket (2.7mm).

trendconcept
1 hour ago, RepTime said:

PS: If you ask BK, it would be nice if you could then tell us what he answered.

dc2_bb6_cu2

Thanks for the review. I have the JF LV from early last year and agree the datewheel has always bothered me. I havent been able to find a US based modder that'll change it out for me so may end up just selling this and getting the no-rehaut. Great pics, wear it in good health.

bora12
Thanks for the review. I have the JF LV from early last year and agree the datewheel has always bothered me. I havent been able to find a US based modder that'll change it out for me so may end up just selling this and getting the no-rehaut. Great pics, wear it in good health.
I might be able to help you out there. Let me reach out to the people I know.

tripdog123
1 hour ago, dc2_bb6_cu2 said:

You couldn't find somebody in the US to change the date wheel ? I don't think you looked very hard, or in the right places.

paccbet
On 1/15/2018 at 06:16, GingerBubba said:

The older Gens did NOT have an engraved rehault; it was only the later models.

The older, non engraved versions are more sought after by collectors. At least that's what I read somewhere.

If you look on Chrono24 out similar, you can clearly see the older versions have no rehault engraving.

Older versions of 16610 or subs in general? 

GingerApple
7 minutes ago, paccbet said:

Older versions of 16610 or subs in general? 

I was just talking about five digit.

paccbet
4 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

I was just talking about five digit.

You forgot 16610 G/M serials have engraved rehauts :p

But you're right, the engraved rehauts only started to appear around 10 years ago.

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, paccbet said:

You forgot 16610 G/M serials have engraved rehauts :p

But you're right, the engraved rehauts only started to appear around 10 years ago.

Dude, I have no clue what I'm talking about! I just read it somewhere. You however know things!!!!

Raphaeeel
On 15/01/2018 at 19:39, RepTime said:

Awesome! Looking forward to it, you're welcome.

Hi mate, just received mine, DW font sucks but SEL are goods, globally it's a very good rep out the box. 

16610 JF no rehaut engraving with HD arm hair

IMG_2934.jpg

Sub 16610 jf VS stock 116234  ARF

IMG_2935.jpg

GingerApple

FFS, stop posting pics of lovely watches!!!! Now I'm going to have to add this and the LV to my 'must have' list. FFS. Double FFS.

Wear it in good health you bugger!

Raphaeeel

Ahahah , i think a man just need a Datejust and a Sub and maybe an AP ... and a Panerai too and a JLC for formal dress and a Cartier because it's so french ...

RepTime
1 hour ago, Raphaeeel said:

Hi mate, just received mine, DW font sucks but SEL are goods, globally it's a very good rep out the box. 

16610 JF no rehaut engraving with HD arm hair

IMG_2934.jpg

Sub 16610 jf VS stock 116234  ARF

IMG_2935.jpg

Looks amazing! How is the cyclops on your watch? I've seen some where it is a bit crooked.

Raphaeeel

Cyclops looks good,  well centered but i think it doesn’t have an AR. Bracelet and clasp is good too. A WSO date disc and movement servicing and let’s rock !

godkiller1

received mine today and I converted it into a superfranken 16613 :)

zwxiDCk.jpg