stüssi

JF 16610 No Rehaut Review

GingerApple

Unremarkable, but decent.

• Like 1

BC1221
I'm resurrecting this old thread to ask owners of JF 16610's how their watches shaped up long-term?
I'm considering getting a JF but at US$400 it would be good to know what the reliability, longevity, and timekeeping of the SH3135 is like.
I'd hate to spend that much only to have the watch grind to a halt in a few months. 
Also, what is the date alignment like out of the box? Do I need to insist on QC pics showing different dates to make sure I get a good one?
And finally, how is the bezel action? I've read some reviews saying it's a bit loose.
Thanks in advance!

Just get the movement serviced. These clones typically come without any cleaning or oiled. That’s probably why your’s has crapped out. There’s a few modders here and all the other forums that could service that watch.

I’m also pretty sure you can stick a 28** in there. I think I read that on one of the forums. Just don’t remember which one but they can be swapped. TC’s cases were gen spec just like JF’s and TC’s had ETA clones in them. They are also showing up in M2M sections with SH3135s in them so they are definitely switchable.

SH3135s also can take a lot of gen parts if you break something. The auto-module can and probably should get replaced with gen but really, the only thing you should replace are the reversing wheels. Sometimes, they don’t work. Mine originally didn’t but got a few rep ones from a forum member and found a set that worked flawlessly. I just peeled the paint off of them because I didn’t want them chipping off inside the movement.

A gen datewheel on these are a must imo. My modder gave me an option of JF ARF or VRF datewheels. He tried all 3 and I think I ended up with the ARF bc that was the best out of the 3. It doesn’t sit centered through all dates on mine and that’s why I have a gen datewheel on the way. Other than that, this watch is pretty close to gen. The dial looks great. Bezel is constricted like gen (not many are that way these days). SELs are super tight. I have to put some force on it when I remove the bracelet. Crystal is correct as well. Not sure what all the complaints about crystal and insert are about. They are definitely fine on mine.

My plan is to get some lug holes drilled and get a nice matte 16800 dial. After that, this will be my daily. :)

I also do not have an LEC on mine so I’m not exactly sure why some of you are having issues with LECs. I guess that’s the LV version.

Anyway, he’s a pic of mine.

d45e528d266de2aed46af3bee4fc8941.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

NDJ
13 hours ago, BC1221 said:

Just get the movement serviced. These clones typically come without any cleaning or oiled. That’s probably why your’s has crapped out. There’s a few modders here and all the other forums that could service that watch.

I’m also pretty sure you can stick a 28** in there. I think I read that on one of the forums. Just don’t remember which one but they can be swapped. TC’s cases were gen spec just like JF’s and TC’s had ETA clones in them. They are also showing up in M2M sections with SH3135s in them so they are definitely switchable.

SH3135s also can take a lot of gen parts if you break something. The auto-module can and probably should get replaced with gen but really, the only thing you should replace are the reversing wheels. Sometimes, they don’t work. Mine originally didn’t but got a few rep ones from a forum member and found a set that worked flawlessly. I just peeled the paint off of them because I didn’t want them chipping off inside the movement.

A gen datewheel on these are a must imo. My modder gave me an option of JF ARF or VRF datewheels. He tried all 3 and I think I ended up with the ARF bc that was the best out of the 3. It doesn’t sit centered through all dates on mine and that’s why I have a gen datewheel on the way. Other than that, this watch is pretty close to gen. The dial looks great. Bezel is constricted like gen (not many are that way these days). SELs are super tight. I have to put some force on it when I remove the bracelet. Crystal is correct as well. Not sure what all the complaints about crystal and insert are about. They are definitely fine on mine.

My plan is to get some lug holes drilled and get a nice matte 16800 dial. After that, this will be my daily. :)

I also do not have an LEC on mine so I’m not exactly sure why some of you are having issues with LECs. I guess that’s the LV version.

Anyway, he’s a pic of mine.

d45e528d266de2aed46af3bee4fc8941.jpg

Thanks for the comprehensive reply.  Your watch certainly looks great!

Regarding the suggested service, I'm worried about trying to fix something that ain't broke. I have previously got my watchmaker to work on my eta clone reps and on two occasions when he tried to disassemble the movement they self destructed. The eta clones appear to be constructed as disposable movements and I can't believe that the rolex clone SH3135 would be any better in this regard. The red wheels seem to be a disaster in waiting. 

I'm not even sure my watchmaker would want to get involved after the previous bad experiences he had with my reps. 

How well does yours keep time?

How well does the date wheel line up out of the box? The BP and LF 16610 reps I had both had disappointing  alignment.

BC1221
Thanks for the comprehensive reply.  Your watch certainly looks great!

Regarding the suggested service, I'm worried about trying to fix something that ain't broke. I have previously got my watchmaker to work on my eta clone reps and on two occasions when he tried to disassemble the movement they self destructed. The eta clones appear to be constructed as disposable movements and I can't believe that the rolex clone SH3135 would be any better in this regard. The red wheels seem to be a disaster in waiting. 

I'm not even sure my watchmaker would want to get involved after the previous bad experiences he had with my reps. 

How well does yours keep time?

How well does the date wheel line up out of the box? The BP and LF 16610 reps I had both had disappointing  alignment.

Mine runs at about + 5sec/day.

The date wheel lines up correctly vertically but some dates are aligned to the right. With these movements, you have to get a gen date wheel. Some also get stuck from the reviews I’ve seen. I had a better yoke installed on mine so it flips completely ar midnight.

These movements are not oiled or cleaned from the factory so you definitely need to get it serviced. I would send it to a watchsmith on the forums to service it. Mine runs like a champ. The reversing wheels is on my list of gen parts to get. In the meantime, I peeled off the paint they used. It’s latex paint so you can literally peel it off. It’s better than having little paint chips falling off while running.

Overall, the movement is great. You just need to have it serviced and a few gen parts and you’re good to go.

You don’t have to worry about clipping and re-attaching dial feet for eta clones. You just drop a gen dial in there and not have to worry about overlays and dates centering as long as you have a gen datewheel.

• Like 1