stüssi

JF 16610 No Rehaut Review

BadPickle
2 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

The older Gens did NOT have an engraved rehault; it was only the later models.

The older, non engraved versions are more sought after by collectors. At least that's what I read somewhere.

If you look on Chrono24 out similar, you can clearly see the older versions have no rehault engraving.

Well if you read it on the internet it must be true ;) 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/87627010-B8BC-11E7-953C-E328A45972B8

8 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

The older, non engraved versions are more sought after by collectors. At least that's what I read somewhere.

If you look on Chrono24 out similar, you can clearly see the older versions have no rehault engraving.

Well if you read it on the internet it must be true ;) 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/87627010-B8BC-11E7-953C-E328A45972B8

RUSH2112
22 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

Weren’t there other differences as well that may stand out?  If you’re trying to make it look retro I wouldn’t as a question.  Only was curious due to the focus on it being wocky.

GingerApple
1 minute ago, RUSH2112 said:

Weren’t there other differences as well that may stand out?  If you’re trying to make it look retro I wouldn’t as a question.  Only was curious due to the focus on it being wocky.

No idea dude! I just happened to know that the rehault was not engraved on earlier models. I don't even know what wokky means!

Tobel

Earlier models had no AR and no LEC 

bora12
I think I would definitely change the datewheel. Gen is affordable but there are cheaper alts on ebay. I have also heard of people changing the bezel assembly too
I believe most people change the insert only not the whole assembly.

The gen DW unopened is actually quite expensive, but a like-new is reasonable.

The AR gen crystals aren't cheap either, the non-AR version is reasonable or you can even do something else like a TC crystal which are very cheap

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

BadPickle
10 minutes ago, Tobel said:

Earlier models had no AR and no LEC 

Models made in the morning?  I gotta admit I’m not as fastidious first thing, especially when fitting gas fires,  early models have no FC (fire cement) or GC (gas cock) :ohwell: 

RepTime
1 hour ago, bora12 said:

I believe most people change the insert only not the whole assembly.

The gen DW unopened is actually quite expensive, but a like-new is reasonable.

The AR gen crystals aren't cheap either, the non-AR version is reasonable or you can even do something else like a TC crystal which are very cheap

I'm a noob at this, but could you tell me what's wrong with the insert and crystal. Also where can the TC crystal's be obtained, do you mean trough M2M?

bora12

The Cyclops on the JF crystal does not have the famed "black hole effect" that gen crystals do. The LV insert is not the correct colour green - a touch too dark

That said, the gen LV insert is very expensive (about double the price of the watch). The LN insert is much more reasonable. I bought the JF LV but am replacing with a gen LN insert

RepTime
11 minutes ago, bora12 said:

The Cyclops on the JF crystal does not have the famed "black hole effect" that gen crystals do. The LV insert is not the correct colour green - a touch too dark

That said, the gen LV insert is very expensive (about double the price of the watch). The LN insert is much more reasonable. I bought the JF LV but am replacing with a gen LN insert

Awesome. Thanks!

bora12
1 hour ago, RepTime said:

I'm a noob at this, but could you tell me what's wrong with the insert and crystal. Also where can the TC crystal's be obtained, do you mean trough M2M?

And sorry, yes, you would have to get the TC crystal m2m

Raphaeeel

Hi guys, don't you think the font on the insert is really too thick compared to gen ?

Edited by Raphaeeel

RepTime
5 minutes ago, Raphaeeel said:

Hi guys, don't you think the font on the insert is really too thick compared to gen ?

I don't see anything wrong with the font on the insert,

Edited by RepTime

bora12

I believe you are thinking of the date wheel. The font on the date wheel is too thick

Raphaeeel

No I don’t I’m talking about he font of the insert, when I look on gen pics it’s really obviou . Left is gen (poor quality sorry) and right is JF rep 2_A88_DBBB-180_E-4033-_A842-3_F1983_C81_  

bora12
11 minutes ago, Raphaeeel said:

No I don’t I’m talking about he font of the insert, when I look on gen pics it’s really obviou . Left is gen (poor quality sorry) and right is JF rep 2_A88_DBBB-180_E-4033-_A842-3_F1983_C81_  

Rep looks pretty good next to that terribly low quality gen pick lol

Raphaeeel

Lol I’m agree, but just look on previous page pics of the JF and Google image and tell me if you don’t see a difference please 

RepTime

zSubmariner-Rolex-16610-Stainless-Steel-

Here is a better picture of a genuine 16610LN. Can you spot the difference on the font of the insert? I really can't. The lightning might make it appear different but that's all.

Raphaeeel

You’re right on this pic it looks the same

gen right vs JF left99065_F3_B-99_E4-4_CEB-894_B-_C9_DB244_A

Edited by Raphaeeel
Add pics

RepTime
6 minutes ago, Raphaeeel said:

You’re right on this pic it looks the same, but on others pics it’s really more thin maybe it exists different inserts depends on the period

Nothing to worry about. 

BadPickle
47 minutes ago, Raphaeeel said:

I think the JF pic is just closer :D 

NCRich

I hope I never get like this.

Raphaeeel

Ahahah ;), looking QC too closely drive the man crazy 

Raphaeeel
7 minutes ago, NCRich said:

I hope I never get like this.

Your wife too 

Edited by Raphaeeel
Orthographe

NCRich