Dusk

JohnnyDepp ARF DJ 36mm FRANKEN

Dusk

So I finally got home after the holidays and got chance to size the bracelet and wear for the first time. I found Johnny Depp next door and have sold him a TC in the past. Always been a great guy and easy to work with. I take folks as I find them and it seems to do me well.  The watch is amazing and looks well proportioned on my 7.5" wrist

Pics!

Franken ARF 36mm (service/ gen DW/ gen dial/ gen crystal)

image111_zpsfhctdh4s.jpeg

image110_zpsq95eqkrp.jpeg

image19_zpsqrw5nx76.jpeg

image14_zps6ssarhx3.jpeg

image18_zpsksuxhn9u.jpeg

20180104_122959_zpsuy1djgbd.jpg

20180109_112314_zps3p9pw7ef.jpg

20180109_112322_zpsyedbwljd.jpg

20180109_112437_zpsgvnhn4lb.jpg

Edited by Dusk

BabaNJ

Oh man you forgot the best thing he does on brand new watches "brushed as gen" :). I am tempted to get one of these arf's even just to farm a movement for my gen build. 

Dusk
9 minutes ago, BabaNJ said:

Oh man you forgot the best thing he does on brand new watches "brushed as gen" :). I am tempted to get one of these arf's even just to farm a movement for my gen build. 

LoL my v7 came at the same time. That was brushed as gen ;)

Does look great in different lights to be fair

image8_zpsakct9yfb.jpeg

image7_zps3jbdgesv.jpeg

image5_zpsfiowzwfp.jpeg

GingerApple

Very nice watch, arguably nicer workbench set up!! Is that your workbench or Johnny's? It looks seriously pro watchmaker!

BadPickle
10 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

Very nice watch, arguably nicer workbench set up!! Is that your workbench or Johnny's? It looks seriously pro watchmaker!

Wonder if there was a discount for jonny deep’s crusty finger-skin in the movement? Or maybe there’s been a world shortage of ruuber gloves iat Jonny deep’s kitchen table? ? 

Dusk
6 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Wonder if there was a discount for jonny deep’s crusty finger-skin in the movement? Or maybe there’s been a world shortage of ruuber gloves iat Jonny deep’s kitchen table? ? 

ooooooooohhhh_zpsvpkenny8.jpg

Dusk
22 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

Thats not my bench ha. Mine is an ebay watch kit and a tray in front of the telly watching corry :p

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, Dusk said:

... in front of the telly watching corry :p

*sigh, Northerners....

amstaffs

Where does all the hate for JD come from? Did he brush your wife as gen or what? :asslick:

BadPickle
48 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

*sigh, Northerners....

Oy!!! 

54 minutes ago, Dusk said:

Thats not my bench ha. Mine is an ebay watch kit and a tray in front of the telly watching corry :p

We’re more emmerdale this side :p 

Dusk
53 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

*sigh, Northerners....

roy-off-corrie_o_1910325_zpstouyp2tu.jpg

BabaNJ
2 hours ago, amstaffs said:

Where does all the hate for JD come from? Did he brush your wife as gen or what? :asslick:

Haha another one of Johnny's lil balllicker fans..... No, i am too cheap to get any of Johnny's services you on other hand seem like someone who he gets the spa treatment regularly on his bench, i sense your love for him ooze through the interwebs. 

2 hours ago, amstaffs said:

GingerApple
4 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Oy!!! 

We’re more emmerdale this side :p 

*sigh Double northerners...

BadPickle
1 hour ago, BabaNJ said:

Haha another one of Johnny's lil balllicker fans..... No, i am too cheap to get any of Johnny's services you on other hand seem like someone who he gets the spa treatment regularly on his bench, i sense your love for him ooze through the interwebs. 

Not even got the balls to be a member here ;) 

Dusk
1 hour ago, BabaNJ said:

I find his balls vinegary yet succulent. Far from unpleasant. Can anyone put in a nutshell why you guys hate him so much? 

GC
2 minutes ago, Dusk said:

I find his balls vinegary yet succulent. Far from unpleasant. Can anyone put in a nutshell why you guys hate him so much? 

“Brushed per gen” 

that’s all I know

amstaffs
2 hours ago, BabaNJ said:

Have you ever considered that as simple: "No, You!" Is basically all you said there and would've done the job just as good as the post that probably cost you 30 mins to come up with? 

BTT: "where does the hate come from seriously?!"

bobandshawn
7 minutes ago, amstaffs said:

Have you ever considered that as simple: "No, You!"

I had to read the entire thread thinking somehow this would make sense...it doesn't...

BabaNJ
26 minutes ago, amstaffs said:

Have you ever considered that as simple: "No, You!" Is basically all you said there and would've done the job just as good as the post that probably cost you 30 mins to come up with? 

BTT: "where does the hate come from seriously?!"

I never said i hate anybody. There were few threads already on rwi about his"brushed per gen" mod and i was teasing the OP about it. While you had to come in like gallant knight and defend "JD" with your snide remark. That was what i was replying to. I dont hate anybody. People decide how to spend/waste there $. It's just funny to see fanboys get butthurt over any slight remark. 

OP it is nice watch enjoy it. 

Genius

As much as the brushed per gen makes me laugh this is the way to franken a DJ best rep available and stick a Gen dial in!

Better than anything mmm and stonedP ever did, just leave the brushing to trigger

Cdenim
7 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

you can be brutal... but man you are the funniest guy here.. is saw that too, new you'd say something. I always pay extra for skin, or brushing like gen. Thats just me anyways. :rofl:

trendconcept
22 minutes ago, Genius said:

As much as the brushed per gen makes me laugh this is the way to franken a DJ best rep available and stick a Gen dial in!

Better than anything mmm and stonedP ever did, just leave the brushing to trigger

Entirely my opinion.

I have a question about DJ frankening; and hopefully I will not be lynched now. I own a beautiful Ivory Arabic dial. This would actually belong in a Datejust 16234 . However, the differences to the newer Datejust 116234 are minimal (116234 has the polished case, improved SEL, new clasp and larger lugs).

--> Would it be bad / a sin to put the ivory dial into a 116234?

I'm aware that it's not period correct. But the result would probably be more beautiful than with a Yuki/Raffles case. And a period correct Phong case is just too expensive in my opinion. Especially if there is such a nice alternative from ARF.

What are your opinions on this topic?

Oh, almost forgot, here are a few pictures of the dial:

s-l1600_2.jpg

s-l1600_1.jpg

s-l1600_3.jpg

Genius
12 hours ago, trendconcept said:

Entirely my opinion.

I have a question about DJ frankening; and hopefully I will not be lynched now. I own a beautiful Ivory Arabic dial. This would actually belong in a Datejust 16234 . However, the differences to the newer Datejust 116234 are minimal (116234 has the polished case, improved SEL, new clasp and larger lugs).

--> Would it be bad / a sin to put the ivory dial into a 116234?

I'm aware that it's not period correct. But the result would probably be more beautiful than with a Yuki/Raffles case. And a period correct Phong case is just too expensive in my opinion. Especially if there is such a nice alternative from ARF.

What are your opinions on this topic?

Oh, almost forgot, here are a few pictures of the dial:

s-l1600_2.jpg

s-l1600_1.jpg

s-l1600_3.jpg

God no get the ARF and get that thing fitted!

The only sin is having that dial and keeping it locked in a parts drawer.

Period correct or not fuck that you can't ever sell it as gen so build what you like and wear it for your own enjoyment!

Dusk
1 hour ago, Genius said:

God no get the ARF and get that thing fitted!

The only sin is having that dial and keeping it locked in a parts drawer.

Period correct or not fuck that you can't ever sell it as gen so build what you like and wear it for your own enjoyment!

I agree with this gentleman. That dial is too good not to put into a build. Gorgeous!

PekeloB

Really nice dial, a waste to keep it locked up.