Jump to content
peedog

ARF Rolex Daytona. Very impressed

Recommended Posts

peedog

Think this is my first review, I’ve been here since 2011 I think so that speaks volumes about this piece already....

 

I wanted a chrono in my collection and have been intrigued about the ARF rumbles around the forums. I can categorically say you will not be disappointed with this piece and if you are, replica watches simply are not for you!

 

The cleanliness you see in the pics once the bracelet is off is as it came, even the bracelet pins and spring bars are clean. No rough edges on the bracelet or case or anywhere else, no stiff links, nice deep and crisp engravings. It basically seems as if the metal finishing process has been mastered and all machining gunk cleaned away.

 

Thought I’d change it up onto a Rolex Leather today. Enjoy -

 

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peedog

8bebaeb4af73d32a80635bd104cd36be.jpg

4937cd5c8264c8e8f08e1420d049cb8f.jpg

a7c2eed16ba392a8cb5c9c424ebe702d.jpg

d8cfbee3e109909856f560b72233a076.jpg

4d441e148b0759668db6f072b360b5c6.jpg

f4fa8fd42a8a49545caf65287842d971.jpg

4a271d4cdfa8f9bd1effdcf5a5bfbe2a.jpg

d55afea82bdf7c627675b2ae8476849e.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peedog

b64aeeb0dcf7ca940510b228e8df31f7.jpg

ead4cc1b93b3db6084f53edaed69b8ec.jpg

9a95d9093d54d247d4889f82e75a93a0.jpg

250e4b31ffe27a4c113b1d36b465d689.jpg

cdaa3f7a89ede3d93b0290da8c7dcb07.jpg

9c9d3e942f247e9d6b0a966200499ba0.jpg

6b1ae9f8402194b9b6c4e3817009b927.jpg

83eadaf9d67466c3e34a656865078594.jpg

aa3e5a55ed56865ff8d33bbc58026042.jpg

855c9496a2e5dd21e29710ad97334286.jpg

8fcde129744693a43d860ae53e2b68b2.jpg

63a95f05187dd62c0656092e098556f7.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ps apologies to the usual suspects regarding how tame these pictures are compared to normal


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moondustesp

These ARF daytonas look great and nicely finished. Enjoy especially on the leather 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joeboy

They are indeed a special rep, got the black face before Christmas and will be investing in the white face version at the end of the month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bloon

Is it me or does 904 steel look lickable.... like cutlery?

 

And NO I do not lick my reps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
revstriker
51 minutes ago, peedog said:

 

Thought I’d change it up onto a Rolex Leather today. Enjoy -

 

Beautiful watch. I have the same one. Would you mind telling me where you bought your strap. It looks even better with leather. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCRich

They look almost like a Regtona, at 5x the price.  It is a nice looking watch, it would be interesting to see if anyone could notice the difference on your wrist between the two. Not a criticism, just generally a comment on the ludicrous prices paid for toy watches.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khronos

I don't know about the Regtona, but this watch feels and looks like the real deal. I had the Regmariner for instance and it was very good for the price, but nowhere near gen or a Noob rep. Now this ARF release feels like a gen. You really should try one and see for yourself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pilch23

A review???? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rschaal
8 hours ago, NCRich said:

They look almost like a Regtona, at 5x the price.  It is a nice looking watch, it would be interesting to see if anyone could notice the difference on your wrist between the two. Not a criticism, just generally a comment on the ludicrous prices paid for toy watches.

 

Yes the Price tag is hefty, do you have some experiences with regtonas? how reliable is the movement and how good does the Gold on regtonas/ regmariners hold up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCRich
4 hours ago, rschaal said:

Yes the Price tag is hefty, do you have some experiences with regtonas? how reliable is the movement and how good does the Gold on regtonas/ regmariners hold up?

Yes, it is a very nice watch for the price.  It is 1mm thicker than the ARF, has a 23J movement with a frozen chrono.  I would say the feel is nearly the same as the ARF.  Bracelets are a bit different.  I have no idea about the gold as mine is stainless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rschaal
7 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Yes, it is a very nice watch for the price.  It is 1mm thicker than the ARF, has a 23J movement with a frozen chrono.  I would say the feel is nearly the same as the ARF.  Bracelets are a bit different.  I have no idea about the gold as mine is stainless.

in regs Pictures it Looks like the Rehaut is bigger / the dial sitts deeper in the case, is that true? that Looks very different to the gen / arf to me, ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCRich
15 minutes ago, rschaal said:

in regs Pictures it Looks like the Rehaut is bigger / the dial sitts deeper in the case, is that true? that Looks very different to the gen / arf to me, ...

 

Don't know. Looks fine to me.  Its a rep.  They will never, ever be right.  It all comes down to how much money you want to spend on a fake watch.

 

bgrTeBh.jpg?1

5MocEfh.jpg?1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
drifterr
Don't know. Looks fine to me.  Its a rep.  They will never, ever be right.  It all comes down to how much money you want to spend on a fake watch.
 
bgrTeBh.jpg?1&key=5a271b63720a137f4479821048fced63bbbc3893c1af680bbdde64b6b727d9eb
5MocEfh.jpg?1&key=31c8322bb0bbd74d259fa8c97c7b8e87e98bde103bd07f6f3953006045b8b478
Those pushers look like shit mate and there is more I could add which make arf far superior than the one you have posted and mind you I am quite new to the game and not ocd fanatic.

Check out below arf671ab5da729fda9561d8d833a9a0238a.jpgf3b4c7ae6989d186c89ad1e854e9106c.jpgb06c5a6a08b4d3fb4250329c3ac37214.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCRich
18 minutes ago, drifterr said:

Those pushers look like shit mate and there is more I could add which make arf far superior than the one you have posted and mind you I am quite new to the game and not ocd fanatic.

Check out below arf671ab5da729fda9561d8d833a9a0238a.jpgf3b4c7ae6989d186c89ad1e854e9106c.jpgb06c5a6a08b4d3fb4250329c3ac37214.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 

You also spent 5X as much and have to justify it in your own mind.    Yours looks, lets say, overpriced for a toy.  :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
drifterr
You also spent 5X as much and have to justify it in your own mind.    Yours looks, lets say, overpriced for a toy.  :rofl:
I am quite comfortable with what I spent on it as I can see the value in it you probably can't I suppose.

Just outlining the obvious flaws vs the one you posand keep going on about in every arf thread.

Suit yourself and be happy with the canal St versions and convince yourself that you have best rep closet to gen 1:1





Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCRich
1 hour ago, drifterr said:

I am quite comfortable with what I spent on it as I can see the value in it you probably can't I suppose.

Just outlining the obvious flaws vs the one you posand keep going on about in every arf thread.

Suit yourself and be happy with the canal St versions and convince yourself that you have best rep closet to gen 1:1





Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 

You are an amusing little git, I'll give you that.  You are right, I know nothing at all about watches.  Enjoy your toy.  :lol:

BTW, you were concerned about the pushers on the Regtona, what do you use yours for on the ARF?  :rofl:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peedog

Some interesting comments. I would say that to get the Regtona up to the visual accuracy/standard and metal finishing/quality of the ARF it would need to be sent to a modder to rectify the wokky rehaut, reshape the pushers, work the bracelet and smooth all edges, freeze the sub dials too I’m guessing?

I guess the situation is best summed up as this -

The ARF seems to be at a new visual and metal finish standard “out the box”, something which would only have been achieved in the past by buying a piece and then sending it to a modder. I think taking this into consideration, the pricing stacks up


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawg

I am beginning to want one. 

The way reps are going ...they are going to become more accurate than the gens!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nikosaldente

The ARF has taken the Rep game one step further!

Enjoy wearing your new toy in the best of health mate!

Expecting some "special" snapshots soon?:giggle:

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peedog

I think your first sentence has summed it up better than I tried to!

She actually commented that this is the nicest watch I've bought so far, so keep an eye on section 8!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RussP

Is ARF explained in Section 8 then ? :analprobe:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thommo82

Got the DHGate link? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peedog




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×