Akademiks

Question about Rolex Explorer I 214270 2016 Basel v2 from JF

Akademiks

Hey guys, my watches from Toro just arrived. I bought PAM 411 Firenze and JF Rolex Explorer I 214270 2016 v2 with SH3132. So now my question is (as RWI is down) "is JF still known for having issues with dirty SH3132 movements?". Anything changed or I should still bring it to my local watchsmit? Should it be just cleaned and oiled up or anything else should be "adjusted"? I still need to bring it to him as trinagle index needs to be moved 1mm to the right, so I'm there anyway. 

andyboy

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

Akademiks

sorry, kind of new here....could make it a small review if anyone's interested.

Khronos

I believe it only needs to be cleaned and oiled a bit. These movements are usually bone dry. Can you post a pic or two? A wristie from a bit greater distance? I'm really interested in this one too, very understated, which makes it quite appealing to me.

Akademiks

at work and wearing the PAM at the moment, but I have one photo taken with my phone camera (sorry for the quality):

https://imgur.com/a/zf4Au

Edited by Akademiks

Khronos

Thanks! :)

Akademiks

ok, went to a watchsmith with my Explorer. he said he doesn't have tools to open the case up and later on he checked time keeping, in two posiitions on the back it said 2s and 6s, laying on the front it was "even better" as he said, and that I shouldn't be worried about it...so should I trust my rep friendly watchsmith that was not able to open the case or should I look for another one? Maybe some forum member you guys could recommed for such work? EU based only

rockdahouse
14 hours ago, Akademiks said:

at work and wearing the PAM at the moment, but I have one photo taken with my phone camera (sorry for the quality):

https://imgur.com/a/zf4Au

NICE WATCH !!!

Khronos
6 hours ago, rockdahouse said:

NICE WATCH !!!

IT IS, ISN'T IT?! WHY ARE WE YELLING AGAIN?

Jibuti

WHOZ YELLING?! :) 

Khronos
12 minutes ago, jibuti said:

WHOZ YELLING?! :) 

THE POSTWHORE IS! I THOUGHT YOU KNEW ;)

Jibuti

sure do.....

10:10 Watch Repair
19 hours ago, Akademiks said:

ok, went to a watchsmith with my Explorer. he said he doesn't have tools to open the case up and later on he checked time keeping, in two posiitions on the back it said 2s and 6s, laying on the front it was "even better" as he said, and that I shouldn't be worried about it...so should I trust my rep friendly watchsmith that was not able to open the case or should I look for another one? Maybe some forum member you guys could recommed for such work? EU based only

He can't open a Rolex (the most ubiquitous brand in the world BTW) and he examines your watch's health in 2 positions and without measuring amplitude or beat error?

That's not a watchsmith. I'm surprised he didn't try to change the battery.

Akademiks
3 hours ago, 10:10 Watch Repair said:

He can't open a Rolex (the most ubiquitous brand in the world BTW) and he examines your watch's health in 2 positions and without measuring amplitude or beat error?

well, he runs a small shop, and ye, mostly sells straps and switches batteries..you need to understand that in country where I live there not too many people that could afford retail Rolex, at least new one, at all...so having an expensive equipment just for Rolexes would be really stupid for that guy. 

and in 3 positions :)

narikaa

Wot

No heels for womens shoes!

The man's a wanker

Glaude
5 hours ago, 10:10 Watch Repair said:

+1

1 hour ago, Akademiks said:

an expensive equipment just for Rolexes

You mean a ball of ducktape or a 5 $ sticky ball ? :D