Khobis

Tudor BB Red Shield or Rose

Khobis

Hi all, about to buy the "Super rep" BB Red. Which one is closer to gen, rose or shield? I like the rose version personally but they are both very nice. Help me make a decision! Opinions welcome...

Thnx

WatchObsessionOfTheWeek

Sorry I am new to the forum but a big watch enthusiast. Not sure what "Gen" means, but the rose is the legacy branding on the face of the BB. The new ones contain the shield.

BadApple

We are not a font of knowledge on every watch model in the world.

The "search" function opens up any information you need - not a post such as this. 

Sorry.

Dorian84

I would say rose version, since it has been longer on the market and possibly got more attention trough the process of replicating.

I personally preffer the rose logo and half circle text on the dial:)

Genius
On 16/01/2018 at 13:52, Khobis said:

Hi all, about to buy the "Super rep" BB Red. Which one is closer to gen, rose or shield? I like the rose version personally but they are both very nice. Help me make a decision! Opinions welcome...

Thnx

Rose all the way

The new shield version is total shite!

they made the case fatter = worse on a beautifully sized and balances watch that was the original rose model

they changed the bracelet to the rivet one = much much much worse the original bracelet was amazing one of the best rep or gen bracelets going the new rivet one is total rattly shite

Khobis

Thanks for the opinions. I agree the rose certainly looks better!

GingerApple
On 19/01/2018 at 13:53, WatchObsessionOfTheWeek said:

Not sure what "Gen" means

Seriously? Lol, I've seen you post the same thing on another thread and thought you were joking. Bless you. Rep = replica, Gen = Genuine , ie the real watch, not the fake, the Rolex made by Rolex. 

Jpizz123

Any other thoughts on this?   From what I’ve read, rose model has better bracelet, arguably a better case, but definitely an inaccurate logo.  Shield has better printing on dial, larger profile case, and a river bracelet that people seem to hate.  

NDJ

If you plan to actually wear the watch, the ETA-powered rose logo version is slimmer and with its flat caseback sits so much more comfortably on the wrist.
The black bay was a very thick bulky watch to begin with but at least it sat low on the wrist. Making the new version even thicker with a distended caseback was a big mistake on Tudor's/Rolex's part.
They had so much time to develop the new in-house movement so it's disappointing that its application is going to be quite limited in the long run.

ShovelnTC

You know for me I buy and wear watches to please me so I buy the one I like regardless of if a later version may be closer to Gen.

Are you buying a watch to please yourself or to "Try" to impress others.

As mentioned by a couple of the members above I also prefer the rose logo due to slimmer case size but primarily due to what I think is nicer dial detail.

Everyone makes a big deal about one of the "petal" details on the Rose logo being faint but really this is a load of bullshit unless your looking at it with magnification.

RqXqATs.jpg

WatchObsessionOfTheWeek
On 1/20/2018 at 15:43, GingerBubba said:

Seriously? Lol, I've seen you post the same thing on another thread and thought you were joking. Bless you. Rep = replica, Gen = Genuine , ie the real watch, not the fake, the Rolex made by Rolex. 

This was literally my 1st post, so not sure where else you may have seen it.  I did learn/realize after posting this.  Thanks for the response, it is appreciated.

For the original poster, I actually prefer the shield ALOT better.  I also looked at them at an AD and the shield won me over.  Good luck with your purchase.

PlanetZoom
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 06:53, WatchObsessionOfTheWeek said:

Sorry I am new to the forum but a big watch enthusiast. Not sure what "Gen" means, but the rose is the legacy branding on the face of the BB. The new ones contain the shield.

Buy the one that will make you happier.

ivanofs

Rose bb is better in my opinion, and if you're picky about the actual rose logo beeing the obvious tell - i think Raffles time ( correct if wrong ) does a dial that is supposedly better.... Get that swapped and horaaaay

The rose bb has been accepted as a super rep, which means it has genuine feeling and it's correct to some degree against the real one.

GingerApple
5 hours ago, WatchObsessionOfTheWeek said:

This was literally my 1st post, so not sure where else you may have seen it.  I did learn/realize after posting this.  Thanks for the response, it is appreciated.

It must have been another poster with the same question then. Which just goes to show what a valid question it was. It's a steep learning curve this hobby!

yonexsp

I think the question is fair. I have been goggling for a week, and its not entirely obvious, what version of the Red Rose version was the ultimate made. The Super Rep version.

In addition if any Super Rep Rose versions are still for sale, or if the ones for sale are different.

Comparisons vs Gen Red Rose I have found online seem to all be from 2014/2015. I can't seem to find a side-by-sdie from much more recently. 

If anyone has a link to a side by side with the Gen with the Red Rose of late 2017 that would be great.

Edited by yonexsp

jasonwu
On 2/3/2018 at 19:45, yonexsp said:

I think the question is fair. I have been goggling for a week, and its not entirely obvious, what version of the Red Rose version was the ultimate made. The Super Rep version.

In addition if any Super Rep Rose versions are still for sale, or if the ones for sale are different.

Comparisons vs Gen Red Rose I have found online seem to all be from 2014/2015. I can't seem to find a side-by-sdie from much more recently. 

If anyone has a link to a side by side with the Gen with the Red Rose of late 2017 that would be great.

I second that as well. Appreciate it if you can help us out :) 

yonexsp

No one has an answer it seems