SpeedThrash

New here :) Got a question about which movements are easiest to maintain

SpeedThrash

Yes I read the RWI post about watch movements. But more specifically, I've looked into what the watches I like on chazingtime use, and these are some of the movements I've found. Can anyone tell me if these specific movements would cause me problems? I am hoping if I pay 400 for a watch it'll work for years.

- Custom Designed Slim Asian automatic chronograph movement at 28800 vph by ZF Maker (Same thickness as original IWC 79350 Calibre Movement)
- Asian 6498 manual winding movement decorate to IWC Cal.98245 movement
- New IWC 52850 Movement Clone. Base Movement: Asian 23J automatic movement; Decoration: Platinum plated movement plate and rotor which are made according to the genuine movement
- New A. Lange & Sohne 88275 Movement Clone. Base Movement: Asian 2824 automatic movement at 28800vph; Decoration: Platinum plated movement plate and rotor which are made according to the genuine movement, the best looking A. Lange & Sohne 88275 Movement Clone at the moment.
- Base Movement: Asian 23J automatic movement .Decoration: Platinum plated movement plate and rotor which are made according to the genuine movement, 
- Base Movement: Asian 23J automatic movement; Decoration: Platinum plated movement plate and rotor which are made according to the genuine movement, the best looking Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 939 movement

repIWCone

I'd be interested in this, too. I've read the RWI article as well and it seems non-chrono functions are more reliable. 

GenTLe

Why twice the same post?

Luxuracer
12 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Why twice the same post?

Because he thought ... the more of the same topics he posted ... the faster he will get the answer ... Kakaka!

greg_r

Most of these movements are based on something else - the problem is that it's not always clear what they're based on..

Of the ones you mention:

6498 = generally bomb-proof.

A2824 Good, reliable movement - straightforward to service.

Asian 23J auto... depends on WHICH Asian 23J auto ;)

OUR movements sticky can be found here: 

Jpizz123

I’ve had great luck with 6497/6498 clones in the past.  Generally the simpler the movement the easier it is to maintain