Spillpot

Omega PO CR V6F Not winding

Spillpot

Hi. New member drawn here after the (hopefully temporary) fall of RWI. I'm sure you guys are just as helpful, as I'm after some advise.

I bought my first rep (Omega PO CR) about 18 months ago and it's recently starting having a problem.  I wear the watch daily and it's kept fantastic time with me only needing to wind it if I happened to not wear it for a couple of days.  However, recently it keeps stopping and doesn't appear to be winding the main spring when winding with the crown. If I keep moving, the watch keeps ticking so the automatic winding appears to be working.  But have a day of sitting around too long, and it keeps stopping for a few minutes until I get moving again. When I do wind with the crown it sounds like its winding then I hear (and can feel) a click every 3/4 of a turn of the crown. It's as if something is slipping or a gear not properly engaging and the mainspring isn't charging. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the keyless mechanism, perhaps a misaligned spring there, or something caught in the winding gear?

As I said, this was my first rep before I'd read much about movements. This PO is from V6F and uses a Miyota 8215 decorated with the Omega 8500 shiny bits. I've done some reading and it seems that a repair of this movement is likely to cost more than a replacement. My questions to the experts are:

1. Any suggestions or ideas of what the problem might be?
  2. Is it likely this is something I could have a go at fixing myself? I have most of the tools, but no experience of servicing movements. However, I'm prepared to learn and have enjoyed watching a bunch of videos. I know, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but you have to start somewhere!
  3. If I were to buy a replacement Miyota 8215 movement, would I be able to transfer the decorations onto it?  With the Omega PO having a glass case-back, it would be a shame not to have this.  In hindsight, I won't buy another show case-back again.
  4. If a replacement mechanism is the best route, any suggestions on where I could get one that would be compatible with my hands, face etc.? e.g. is something like https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172204086636 the right thing?