smooney

Hamilton should I or should I not

smooney

Seen this Hamilton Kahki Air Race Watch today at my local jewellers, thought it looked really good BUT £735 was maybe too much for me, so after a little research I found it in the USA for $549 and I have a few friends over there who will purchase it for me. Should I pull the trigger ?? Dollar is 1.38 to the GBP so £398 ish good price now 4_FB32220-_F139-4_CB7-_A0_ED-_DCF5_B0392495191_D3-20_AF-4306-_A0_E9-_F0_F0363_D1D1_C3_BE18-_CB3_E-41_EE-_A57_E-9180_A2_E

Edited by smooney

RepGuy

Maybe

MetalMickey

Hamilton always a good idea.

10 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

Reps: Rolex Sumbariner v7 (Hulk)

What is a "sumbariner"?

Wriggles

I'm always baffled by these threads, why would anyone listen to the opinions of random strangers on a forum. I wouldn't go near it, but if you like it go for it. Everyone here is going to have different tastes, why should we have input into what you should like? 

If its not screaming at you 'I love this watch' then you have to wonder why you'd think to buy it. 

Are you considering it to flip for profit later? Not here of course, but other than asking if this would be a decent investment for such a reason, or if it's a desirable model, I honestly don't see the point in asking all of us strangers 

Piloten

Sure you should, if you like it. I don't regret any hamilton I ever bought.

smooney

I will or won’t buy it because 5 people said yes and 10 said no, I am only looking for other Watch  lovers thoughts,  and who knows maybe someone else here was thinking of buying one of these and now has seen a better option. I did the same thing a few weeks ago when I was torn between an Oris Staghorn and an Oris Small Second hand... got very useful comments and feedback, was only looking for a nice Watch or not so nice, or good price.  PS do you want to buy a Hamilton Watch £550 

RepGuy
57 minutes ago, metalmickey said:

Hamilton always a good idea.

What is a "sumbariner"?

It's the best sub, obviously. 

MetalMickey
It's the best sub, obviously. 

Do they do a “chronogpaph” version?
8acadc53bee983cecfd68f73867aee19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KarmaToBurn

As others have said, if you like it go for it. It sort of reminds me of the TW Steele Canteen.

watchme_256

I personally love Hamilton but I’m having major issues with the one I just bought. 

Left Coast Guy
4 hours ago, watchme_256 said:

I personally love Hamilton but I’m having major issues with the one I just bought. 

Going to need you explain more here bud....Inquiring minds need to know!

watchme_256
Going to need you explain more here bud....Inquiring minds need to know!

Bought a khaki officer and within owning for a day the mainspring broke. It’s currently at Hamilton being fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cvp3

I've had my twilight for 12+ years and no issues. Just got the Khaki Navy Diver. Great watches with proprietary movements and exhibition case backs. Love just looking at them. Easily the nicest gens I have......so far.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by cvp3

etj4588
On 1/19/2018 at 12:42, Wriggles said:

I'm always baffled by these threads...

lol

ShovelnTC

I'm a Hamilton fan but only buy if you know that you are going to keep it as re-sale is tough.

I had a beautiful Khaki and sold if for half what it owed me and it took a long time to move and then the buyer sold it for significantly less later on.

Bash64

I have a Hamilton as well. Like others have said, you will lose on resale if you buy new. You may want to check forums and see if there are any used ones for sale.

Also as others have said, buy what you love. For my taste, I would prefer the one you are considering on a strap rather than bracelet.

Sent from my BBA100-1 using Tapatalk

smooney
On 31/01/2018 at 03:28, Bash64 said:

I have a Hamilton as well. Like others have said, you will lose on resale if you buy new. You may want to check forums and see if there are any used ones for sale.

Also as others have said, buy what you love. For my taste, I would prefer the one you are considering on a strap rather than bracelet.

Sent from my BBA100-1 using Tapatalk

I agree but strap version wasn’t available at that price. So will buy a decent leather strap. Just arrived yesterday and I love it. 

SliceMaster

OK so you want opinions well here`s mine:   It`s boring.

smooney
17 minutes ago, SliceMaster said:

OK so you want opinions well here`s mine:   It`s boring.

Bit lik me, so it’s all good. Cheers slice