GaryC

Advice and insight appreciated : Sourcing a Submariner Glidelock bracelet and clasp (for a GMT II)

GaryC

I am new to this forum and would appreciate your advice on a slightly non-standard project of mine

Situation : I am fortunate enough to own a GMT II ceramic (ref 116710 purchased in 2012).  I am very happy with it and would like to put it on a Submariner bracelet (both for Glidelock (instead of Easylink) and also for the brushed finish).  I have been unable to get a genuine bracelet through AD (requires misrepresenting purposes) and and am wary of paying big $$$ to non-AD

Request : I would appreciate the expertise of anyone on this board who can point me to a reputable manufacturer who makes replica Submariner bracelets.  I am looking for something as close as I can get to a genuine bracelet and am willing to pay a fair price for it

Thanks in advance for sharing your insight with me ............... Gary

fetasigma

Buy the sub that had the bracelet you want and simply transfer it over, any of the good quality reps will have what you need, alternatively look up the trusted dealers list and ask them if they will source the parts.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

fetasigma

You could also check out rafflestime and see if he sells what you need

GaryC

fetasigma - thank you - I will check it out the trusted sellers listing

fetasigma

You can also post in the wtb section and see if anyone has one to part with that has moved over to a strap, that's the cheapest way

fatarms

Not only that, but if you do buy the replica 116610 and only use the bracelet, you can upgrade to VIP status for about $30 USD here and after 30 days you can sell the watch head to recoup the majority of your cost.  Something to consider.  Good luck!

BTW, I own a 116710 replica that has the incorrect hand stack (but no one notices from a foot or more away), modded with gen crystal and gen bezel assembly. 

Pardon the dust on the surface.

nzomm1.jpg

Rx4Time

Agree, buy a good version like a noob v7 and sell the head, or pick up a rubber B and keep it as a beater.  Alternative option is place a WTB ad and see if someone has a dead subc they will sell the bracelet off of. 

Side note, the submariner clasp is unpolished (it's brushed), so I'd suggest you send it out and have the center polished so it matches the bracelet. 

Danw8

Just adding, I tried to put a Noob V7 Sub bracelet on a gen GMT2c, however the pinholes don’t line up hence it didn’t fit. 

GaryC

fetasigma - thank you - I will check it out the trusted sellers listing

fatarms / teddy- thanks - that sounds like a good tactic .......

Danwo82 - yikes, sounds like I need more research to make sure the pins holes are the same! ......... i have a RubberB strap for the GMT, so have asked themm if it is the same

Thanks again everyone for the speedy insight

Gary

SliceMaster
On 2018-01-20 at 06:01, fatarms said:

Pardon the dust on the surface.

nzomm1.jpg

Fixed that for you :hyenas:

imageproxy.php.jpg

Dr_Rolex

This is an easy one I fitted a glide lock onto an older model tt sub I had from like the late 90s 

I order just the bracelet from trustytime it was like $30 bucks or so plus shipping 

i quickly learned that the entire bracelet would NOT fit due to sel. Ok no prob but I wanted a glide lock clasp so that for sure would fit all I had to do was remove the last links that held the clasp and transfer just the clasp onto the bracelet my sub already had. 

I think that’s the best way to do it 

GaryC

Thank you - I have ordered a Rubber strap (with a standard clasp) and if generally successful, will then seek to get and retrofit a glidelock clasp

Thanks everyone ..... Gary

Genius
25 minutes ago, GaryC said:

Thank you - I have ordered a Rubber strap (with a standard clasp) and if generally successful, will then seek to get and retrofit a glidelock clasp

Thanks everyone ..... Gary

If you buying a rep bracelet get the one from the white gold sub, the rep version is actually steel not white gold (which is actually what you want) and it has the benefit of polished centre so will be a better match for your gen bracelet