GenTLe

Putting back incabloc (the whole thing)

GenTLe

Ok, I did a damage (to one of my movements): I was cleaning the main plate of a a2892 and I didn't noticed that the lyra incabloc spring wasn't blocked in place, and in the ultrasonic machine it got broken.

To fit a new spring (the 975.03 should be the one needed) the whole incabloc block has to be removed from the main plate, which I did.

However I'm wondering:

1) if I need a staking set to fit it back (I have a friend who has one, so I may ask for his help)

2) if the block gets in position by itself or if its height respect to the mainplate must be manually tweaked and, if so, which is the correct vertical play the balance should have to have a proper fit

Does someone has these informations?

Thanks in advance, GenTLe

Nikosaldente

It should fit in place without any tweaking if you have the correct one....

I had a similar situation with one of my Movements (you know which one...)

When I flipped the watch Dial Down, the balance wheel didn't seem to work the same way as when the watch Dial was Up.

The spring of the main plate ( mine was a Novodiac) had been dislocated...

A pair of sharp tweezers and carefully placed it back in place....

IMG_20180118_155849.jpg

I hope you sort it out mate!

I'm sure you will!

Cheers!

GenTLe

Nikos, I didn't mean that I've to fit back the spring only: I need to fit back this whole thing (ok, this is the one for the balance bridge and of another movement, the lower part is similar but doesn't have the step to block it in place not the U thingy):

image.jpg

:)

mysterio

Just found this on the net. Not sure if it can be of use in re-assembly although it does look like an exploded view which should arrange the parts in terms of placement. It does feature the U thingy for the Incabloc number 324.

img10110.jpg

GenTLe

I think I haven't been clear :)

I have a mainplate:

s-l1600.jpg

And I need to fit the whole block into the hole just below the pallet fork jewel.

The thing are those 2 on the right (of course I need to fit only one of those 2):

s-l1600.jpg

Haltec

Weeell..

Just to chime in..

Don't you need to place second from the left ? And you are missing one washer who will holding it in place FLAT with surface - observed from this perspective.

(From "the inside" of the movement)

Final result would be like.. :

44010d1352826976-pogled-na-eta-2892-eta0

From the other side..

126719V2.JPG

Edit/ 

Maybe its last from the left (sorry) hard to say from photos.   

I kow what's troubling you here but not sure now that I have the right answer.  

Just wondering - why you didn't replace the spring only?  Did whole assembly allready fell out from mainplate in ultrasonic bath?

Edited by Haltec

Paneraiguy000

Make it flush with the main plate as a starting point. Then you’ll have to install the balance and check the endshake. Too large, you’ll need to press it more (above the height of main plate). If endshake is too small, press it back the other way. 

Endshake should be approx.  .03-.05 

And you don’t use a staking set. I guess you could - but a Horia tool is the proper way to install these or any kind of jewels.

GenTLe
9 hours ago, Haltec said:

Weeell..

Just to chime in..

Don't you need to place second from the left ?

Just wondering - why you didn't replace the spring only?  Did whole assembly allready fell out from mainplate in ultrasonic bath?

Hi mate, that was a random Pic from the web :) 

In this case the inca spring can't be fitted with the incabloc mounted unfortunately, you need to remove the whole thing.

GenTLe
8 hours ago, Paneraiguy000 said:

Make it flush with the main plate as a starting point. Then you’ll have to install the balance and check the endshake. Too large, you’ll need to press it more (above the height of main plate). If endshake is too small, press it back the other way. 

And you don’t use a staking set. I guess you could - but a Horia tool is the proper way to install these or any kind of jewels.

Thanks for the endshake measure :)

I can't get the difference bewteen a "Horia" and a "Stacking set": looking on the web they seem they can do the same stuff, once inserted the puncher in the biggest hole of the base of the stacking set:

7748061_orig.jpg

unreformed66
20 hours ago, Paneraiguy000 said:

What he said. The proper way to do it is to set it up in your jeweling tool BEFORE you take it out so that you've got the proper depth to press the new one in. But now you're going to end up setting it up like Paneraiguy000 said and then checking the endshake of the balance staff and making adjustments from there. It happens.

10:10 Watch Repair

A staking tool is not the right tool, you need a jeweling tool. A staking set is uses a brass hammer to tap the stake, a jeweling tool has a cap and uses a dial for fine adjustment of friction fit settings. 

GenTLe
18 hours ago, 10:10 Watch Repair said:

A staking tool is not the right tool, you need a jeweling tool. A staking set is uses a brass hammer to tap the stake, a jeweling tool has a cap and uses a dial for fine adjustment of friction fit settings. 

Thanks. I can't get why it's not possible to find them "china made", as these things (even old and well used) have prices that are a real ass-rape :(

GenTLe
1 hour ago, Nikosaldente said:

This I've built one from a tiny copper tube myself ;)

Hltec: they don't ship to Italy :(

unreformed66
On 2/2/2018 at 22:00, 10:10 Watch Repair said:

Actually I have one staking set that is also a jeweling set. It has a lever handle that clamps onto the staking frame and a micrometer stop just like a standard jeweling set that can be installed or removed in seconds. Works like a charm. I rarely use it though because I prefer my Seitz tool when I'm doing jeweling work.