Cdenim

Arf DSSD vs Noob DSSD v7 vs Gen (just gen)

Cdenim
    • As promised guys, a look inside the new arf 116660 D-blue Deepsea. Arf isn't tip-toeing around noobs doorsteps anymore. There driving an M1-Abrams through there living room. One of noobs staples. There trusted good cloned watch has been the deepsea for sometime. For all you fans of this watch, when RWI comes back look up @Raddave s the noob factories V guide for the DSSD. It was the very first post i read as a new member, and its really well done. Goes through the V1-V7, all the fly by nites in the middle, canals, good inserts, bad rehauts.... seriously its like the encyclopedia for all things replica deepsea.. Can you tell gotta lot respect for that guy. Plus we share the same impeccable taste in watches.... enough said. 

So now this new factory comes out...in 904l... with the bread and butter watch for noob, pretty much saying we got this........ so lets see how it stacks up against my modded (had to make it fair) Noob v7 and ultimately (since cloned noob watches aren't a category to pick from on TD sites ) how they measure up against the real deal..... Basically i need your help guys. Need your input and comments on which watch the Gen 3135 movement should be fit into.. On with it......

Resized_20180122_163649.jpg
      let the best watch win...... 

its clear at first glance whats going on. that black ceramic thing around the crystal. The AR hands down, unanimously, undoubtedly.... finally came out with an insert really close to the gens platinum pvd, cerichrom bezel insert. Resized_picture_2018_1_22_17_8_40_704.jpAr on the left noob n the right. and even with my "Spongebob" steve insert, its no match for how deep, larger an almost perfect the insert is on the arf. First of the factories in Guangzhou to get it right... 
      I apologies for this, but the clasp on my v7 met a sudden demise and the new one hasn't gotten here yet so please forgive the canal sub clasp... still had to wear it. 

r12.jpg

first, first to get the glidelock kinda right. heres gen 
      s-l1600_4.jpg
      notice the flush pin just aside the screw.... why its taken this long... but yes, nicest bracelet and clasp i have seen on a rep
      now for the dial...

r19.jpg
      arf in bright direct lighting
      picture_2018_1_22_16_45_38_85.jpg

noob same conditions

so asides from being lighter the arf surprised me with this. There dial behaves alot like the gen does. Glossy in some light. Flat in others. More blue, darker, just depends on where the light is coming from and what the light source is. really does mimic the effect really well. so yes at a glance its lighter, but the gen will look alot lighter than the noob at times too. For me, its a replica!@!@!! They are going to recreate one maybe two properties of the color on a given part...ie...the hulk insert, the platinum insert numbers. Up till now it was like they caught one state of the gen color. Now, however, they are able to imitate quite well the way the colors perform as the genuine does. a couple more shots showing this...

Resized_20180122_164502001.jpg
      r14.jpg
      And those hand... got the seconds hand closer. Not stamped out rep hands, but more delicate looking, closer to the gens imo. More of that 3d effect. 
      Resized_20180122_164357.jpg

and to the backside.... really close back here. the titanium case back looks and feels about the same. shape and color identical. The noob has had one persisting issue for me. every so often i have to fill back in the engraved rolex oyster and depth aroung the outer ring of the caseback, the noob paint just comes right off with wear. The Ar looks a bit deeper and darker we'll have to see how it holds up. Look at the fitment of those endlinks... super tight....

Ok so to recap thus far.... dial color is slightly lighter but behaves more like gen..
      * Nicest bracelet and clasp i have seen on a rep
      *Nicer winding crown 

cases.....
      Resized_20180122_165048001_1.jpg
      the arf is a slight bit thicker at the lugs than noob. here's gen for reference.
      Rolex-_Deepsea-_D-_Blue-116660-watch-9.j
       but to me match the very squared, machined look of gen lugs better. notice how tight the solid endlinks are on the gen.... Arf replicates this nicely as well with just a small protrusion sicking out past the lugs...

Raddave likes this.
    • Cdenim

CdenimWell-Known Member

Resized_picture_2018_1_22_16_46_49_23.jp
      the too pointy scallops on the bezel for the SD4K are just perfect on the deepsea. almost spec on.
      here the crowns and again how different these inserts are.resized_picture_2018_1_22_16_46_49_23-jp
      r13.jpg

and now for the biggest hang up for me... whats behind that big ol' titanium backside. Its not remotely fair in this head to head. but i had my reasons for building the movement in my noob the way i did. More of that to come. heres whats under the arfs caseback
      Resized_picture_2018_1_22_17_29_54_48200 
      if you want reliable...blah blah....and real sweap...blah blah..... look, of course i like the eta clones. they (with care) can go on and on. but do you see whats going on in there... The movement is too small, which does make my noob feel heavier. functions are wrong having to spin the crown back for time setting. That sandy, Metallic sound it makes when you wind it....plus... its small.... but knowing this going in... i seen something in those first pics.. those beautiful machined casing cut outs that lead to a well cut ledge in the case. Now... what might these be used for...... 
      Resized_20180122_175133.jpg
      I don't know but obviously not for the eta wanna-be....it has casing clamps oddly placed.....and whats with the jelly ring holding the movement suspended in the middle of the case giving it the correct stem hight for what appears to be a much larger movement.
       Resized_picture_2018_1_22_17_35_38_248.j
      soooo as i said i had plans for this watch... real 904. very well done bezel and inlay. beautiful bracelet and clasp. I knew arf just switched to eta clones in place of JF's Sh3135. So recent the first batches of deepseas were actually made for the 3135 movement. not the eta. so I knew we had the right crown tube hight for the stem, and right securing system for the movement. I just didn't know how they got the eta to fit.... i never thought to think of a jelly ring spacer.... go figure.... anyway ... my ultimate, B.M.F'er Noobv7/Arfv1 in conjunction with Rolex sa super, ultra, best, perfect real...lol 116660 D-blue DSSD
      1111.jpgas she sits today w/ gen hands and paint modded arf insert333.jpg
      Resized_20180122_200910.jpg
      222.jpg
      now thats a proper movement for such a nice case.... ill be sure to post the pics after i get done with her in a few days.... thanks guys hope it helps someone making the decision noob/ arf...
      update.... new gen like casing cut outs for the 3135 

j
      u[
Edited by Cdenim
embed pics

drifterr

Great feedback and review. So it's evident arf does have more positive feedback than initially anticipated.

Mate the pics are not showing up for some reason

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Nice write up, unfortunately I can't see the pictures either.  I'm very curious about the ability to fit a 3135 in there.  I look forward to your follow up.  Thanks!

Cdenim

pictures fixed. 3135 fits absolutely perfect

SamsonAusKognito

Great comparison, thanks for sharing.

Swede4233

So what TD do you get the DSSD that fits a gen 3135 movement?

The ultimate DSSD that looks and feels the closest to the original. I have a BK but not sure if he is offering the latest and best DSSD. Let me know. Thanks

I can't show the photos.

can you re uplad please???

Seeglass

Photos don’t work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luxuracer

@Cdenim .... Why did you delete all the photo from postimage ?!?

....It's a pity!

I'm going to buy the arf or the noob v7 ....I don't know which is the best....

in your opinion in this video,  It is a noob v7 and an ARF ???

Cdenim

I never deleted them!!!!

On 2/18/2018 at 04:58, 823823 said:

....It's a pity!

I'm going to buy the arf or the noob v7 ....I don't know which is the best....

in your opinion in this video,  It is a noob v7 and an ARF ???

Wait a month... got the noob v8 coming out

Luxuracer
41 minutes ago, Cdenim said:

I never deleted them!!!!

Can you check?!? .... They're all gone, brother!

giphy.gif

Cdenim

they are on the host sight. that postimage.org site. Hmmmmmmm. Ok,,, i will repost it with pics.. jeezzzz

Thanks if you can reupload the photos!

But in your opinion the video I’ve posted which model of deepsea are show?

Luxuracer
10 minutes ago, 823823 said:

But in your opinion the video I’ve posted which model of deepsea are show?

The one on the left is Noob V7 ... the one on the right is ARF.

The noob v7 is very dark beside the arf

Luxuracer
27 minutes ago, 823823 said:

The noob v7 is very dark beside the arf

Some people would argue that the Noob V7 is more gen-like and the ARF is "too" blue!

Cdenim

@Luxuracer is right on the money. Although i think the arf is a better watch. has real 904 which would alone make me get it. If its 1:1 your looking for, the N factory v7dssd has the better dial and case....everything else goes to arf. There bracelet is the closest any rep factory has come to perfection. its spot on to the 98210 in every aspect. should be any day now the v8 or the v7 with 904 case at least is released now that cny is done. 

Luxuracer
50 minutes ago, Cdenim said:

@Luxuracer is right on the money. Although i think the arf is a better watch. has real 904 which would alone make me get it. If its 1:1 your looking for, the N factory v7dssd has the better dial and case....everything else goes to arf. There bracelet is the closest any rep factory has come to perfection. its spot on to the 98210 in every aspect. should be any day now the v8 or the v7 with 904 case at least is released now that cny is done. 

You know that I would pick the ARF D-Blue over the Noob every time. I buy and wear what I like if it look good in my eyes ... because I am the only one will be looking at it ... most of the time.

BTW ... The pictures still not showing

Cdenim
31 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

You know that I would pick the ARF D-Blue over the Noob every time. I buy and wear what I like if it look good in my eyes ... because I am the only one will be looking at it ... most of the time.

I'm on it

Cdenim
4 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

@Luxuracer all fixed

Luxuracer
6 hours ago, Cdenim said:

@Luxuracer all fixed

Thanks so much for taking the time fixing the picture, brother!

I love your review and know many do to. We need more of these.

Keep up the good work.

Cdenim
14 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Thanks so much for taking the time fixing the picture, brother!

I love your review and know many do to. We need more of these.

Keep up the good work.

yes sir.... promised. and no prob. don't know what happend

drifterr

We need more pics of this beauty...

Hahaha

Mate why don't you try and host via Tapatalk. It's fairly seamless and efficient..

Love your reviews and passion for the DSSD...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thank you very much!

which one in your opinion it is the best?

the arf dial is too blue or it is ok like the gen?