RoninD

watchesbest.uk - any good/bad news?

RoninD

So I'm after a particular watch (the Omega 007 Seamaster with bullet-barrell swirl) and after being disappointed with two trusted sellers saying that it is no longer in stock or being made, I found it here. 

Interestingly enough, they have a black variety for a higher price (I'd never seen the black version and wonder if it's a watch mod by replica maker) 

They then have a cheaper version of the watch with mineral glass (redacted)

I'm inclined to stay away from the cheaper version as I want a clone and my cheaper version rolexes seem to have fallen apart with poor links etc. 

Long story short, is this a company you'd do business with? 

admin edit: links to known scam site removed

Hamblehound

No. Its a scam site.

Stick with the TD's on here.

RoninD

They are also selling at www.foreverwatch.uk I believe as they link to one another. 

tripdog123

Jeezuz, it even looks like a scam site. 

One of the main reasons for joining a forum like this is to have access to Trusted Dealers - if  several TDs are telling you a watch is not available, it's unlikely they are lying - it's in their own interests to sell you a watch, so why lie ?

Thommo82

EDC3_FCB6-746_C-4348-946_A-149_F1_DAE11_

RoninD
18 minutes ago, tripdog123 said:

Jeezuz, it even looks like a scam site. 

One of the main reasons for joining a forum like this is to have access to Trusted Dealers - if  several TDs are telling you a watch is not available, it's unlikely they are lying - it's in their own interests to sell you a watch, so why lie ?

Well to me their site looks as legit as Trusty Time (which has to keep moving because their url gets seized). Also theonewatches.ru looks similar. I don't know how you can say that one site looks like a scam site while these others are comparable. 

MetalMickey

Potential Scam site. Regardless, If the TDS can’t get the watch nor can these. 

Kernow

Go and buy one. If you get the watch please let us know. If you don’t get the watch I guess you’re not gonna let us know anyway after the advice you’ve already been given.  Some people eh!

MetalMickey

The difference between that and, sat Trusty Time is that TT changes web address and is hidden away, only accessible to those who know.

that site is pretending to be in the Uk by using pounds and a .uk address and it is packed with SEO terms to attract passing trade from Google searches. I would avoid it. 

SliceMaster
23 minutes ago, RoninD said:

Well to me their site looks as legit as Trusty Time (which has to keep moving because their url gets seized). Also theonewatches.ru looks similar. I don't know how you can say that one site looks like a scam site while these others are comparable. 

Yes mate you perfectly correct this is for sure a legit site, its so nice when a new guy tells us that he knows better so my advice is just go ahead an buy from them no worries

RoninD

So do any of these sellers have stock or do they just contact the supplier/manufacturer? 

MetalMickey
2 minutes ago, RoninD said:

So do any of these sellers have stock or do they just contact the supplier/manufacturer? 

May I respectfully suggest you read the links pinned to the homepage which thoroughly explain this and more. 

Thommo82

These guys are fully legit. Great prices, great service and fast shipping too. 

They hold stock of all watches shown on their website.

Buy with confidence!

My name is Barbara 

RoninD

Great, glad for the vote of confidence :balls:

tripdog123
1 hour ago, RoninD said:

You're right, I know nothing. Go ahead and purchase several watches off that site, I'm sure you'll be delighted with what ever model you choose.

Edited by tripdog123

bobandshawn

I agree - this site looks legit. Please give us feedback after you order!!!

B

greg_r

known to be a problem. Avoid!

PCJ

Out of interest, do they just take your money and never send the watch? Or do they just send a junk watch?

bobandshawn
13 minutes ago, JayA said:

Out of interest, do they just take your money and never send the watch? Or do they just send a junk watch?

Yes.

PCJ
43 minutes ago, bobandshawn said:

Yes.

Why bother posting if your contribution is unhelpful? 

Rx4Time

Probably because getting a$10 dhgate special is just a bad as getting nothing...

bobandshawn

Why ask a stupid question if you don't want a stupid response. How can we possibly guess what a counterfeit watch site is going to do with any particular order?

MetalMickey
51 minutes ago, JayA said:

Why bother posting if your contribution is unhelpful? 

You started it :p

PCJ
1 hour ago, bobandshawn said:

Why ask a stupid question if you don't want a stupid response. How can we possibly guess what a counterfeit watch site is going to do with any particular order?

Presumably, if it's a "known" scam site then someone must have tried to buy off it. If they have tried to buy off it, I'm curious to the results.

Are you literally just trying to +1 your post count, or what was your initial intention when clicking this topic?

MetalMickey

I am just trying to up my post count. It means I am more knowledgeable.