windyzz

What a bargain! Grab before it ran out

windyzz

All, 

been lurking around for a bargain automatic chronograph watch that looks dressy and found a discontinued Bulova from watchuseek forum. 

For those who don’t know the brand. Bulova  is an American company, but they do have the Swiss model line that they called accu Swiss. 

Recently they have been bought out by citizen and citizen decided to stop the model line for all the Swiss made Bulova. They are now getting rid of the stock hence the discounted price of 80-90%.

these watches can be found on eBay as much as 260-350 USD (this retails at 1950 usd) and they are 100% Swiss made consist of either sellita sw500 or ETA 7750 movement.

As you all know Sellita used to produce ETA movements and since ETA right has expired, they continue making the movement under their own model name.

a real genuine Swiss made chronograph for under 300USD is a bargain in my opinion. I have ordered one and will post photo when it arrives.

I believed the stock will eventually run out and you will never find anything like this.

link https://www.ebay.com/p/Bulova-ACCU-Swiss-Mens-63C115-Mechanical-Hand-Wind-Black-Strap-Watch/18011375864

tabuktime

Citizen bought Bulova ten years ago...

Not really recently in anyone's definition of the word. 

They did so in order to consolidate their position in the 'Swiss Made' market, at a price point that Bulova offers.
Citizen then went on to buy Frédérique Constant and Alpina, and also the high-end and very limited-production Ateliers DeMonaco.  They also own Swiss movement manufacturer La Joux-Perret SA that includes the Angelus and Arnold & Son high-end watch brands under La Joux-Perret.
 In acquiring Frédérique Constant and Alpina, Citizen clearly aims to go into battle against other competitively priced Swiss watch brands in the $2000-$8000 price bracket, which includes the likes of Longines, Hamilton, Baume & Mercier, and perhaps even Montblanc, Tudor, or TAG Heuer. This is without the inclusion of Citizen's own high-end, Swiss-made range of watches, Citizen Campanola.
All-in-all it would seems that Citizen are well and truly ensconced in the 'Swiss Made' watch market and are not changing their position in that regard by reducing their exposure across the economic range of their portfolio of products.

Glad you got a bargain though, wear it in good health my friend...

windyzz

Thanks, and my main point is... this watch is much cheaper than most  A7750 reps...  with Real Sellita SW500 and 100% swiss made.

RussP

Windy,

Thanks for the tip, however most users of this forum are aware of Bulova and it's offerings.

We all look forward to your picture review when your watch arrives.

Regards,

Russ.

deju

Correct it’s a bargain, enjoy your watch when it arrives. 

GingerApple

What's your mark-up on them OP?

RUSH2112

Decent deal.

fatarms

100% and Swiss Made are rarely both true...

51% of the watch has to be assembled in Switzerland for a watch to be "Swiss Made."

Good bargain you got though :)

rusty peters

I grabbed a blue one on bracelet for $30 more.  Thanks for sharing.  

windyzz
On 2/3/2018 at 22:14, rusty peters said:

I grabbed a blue one on bracelet for $30 more.  Thanks for sharing.  

No worries. It seems that the prices have gone up now... good that you grab it :) I'm still waiting for mine.

In few month the price will a lot more

Will post photo when it arrived