palaufreak

How to change strap

palaufreak

Hey, I just bought a new strap for my Pam 682 XF. I want to know if you change the strap like you do on the gen or how can I change it. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fatarms

In the reps that I've had in the past with those push button, quick release lugs...  Yes they work, but for how long I can't answer.  The trick is to push them in using a toothpick or something that won't scratch the metal ONLY to the point that you can push the pin out.  Any further can risk permanent damage to the release mechanism (at which point you'll have to pick a strap and stick with it by gluing the pin in at that point.)   If you are going to try to change the strap, use something wood like a toothpick or rigid plastic to push the button and use a second one to push on the pin at the same time until it releases.  I'll tell you right now, it isn't easy unless you have a vice or something to put the watch in, in which case you will want to wrap the watch in a cloth of some sort as to not damage it with the vice.  It can be done with just your hands, but it's difficult to hold it and put pressure in perpendicular directions at the same time. 

That's my experience with those lugs, only had one of them and was able to do a strap change twice.  I didn't dare attempt it a third time and tempt fate again :lol:  I don't own a vice and the watch was my wife's, when she wanted to change the strap the third time, I told her she was on her own :lol:

Good luck.

palaufreak

Haha, thank you man. I'll do it and tell you how it went. Hope all goes well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Robert11

It’s not that bad. Very easy actually compared to spring bars. Just use your palm to put pressure against the watch on table to keep it still and your fingers of the same hand to press on the lug button while you use the other hand to push the pin out. Once you do it a few times it’s really easy. Find a YouTube video to help.

Sent from my satellite phone.

mysterio