Jataganac

Bought a Big Pilot from DHGate! Here is what arrived...

Jataganac

Hi all

I've been in love with the big pilot for some time but didn't want to put a lot of money down on a rep. So I thought I try it with a DHGate watch first and see what happens. Spent $100 with shipping. What do you thin, should I return it? The misaligned 6pm indices is bothering me as well as the white date wheel. Or is it fine for the price?

https://imgur.com/a/n4ORP

MetalMickey

I think that is of the quality one can expect from DHGate. 

If you asked the seller for photos of the actual watch, and this is different, perhaps consider a complaint but otherwise I think you got what you paid for. 

yllekp

Once you spot a flaw it is hard not to see it. I only would buy from DHGate if I am just curious about a watch and what it looks like on my wrist. I have bought nothing from the Gate in over a year, but I am not against it. If you really like a particular watch and want a good quality one with  QCs before accepting it I would recommend only buying from the TDs on the fora 

k3rm87

To be honest, it looks okay for the money.. you would struggle to get something better for the price. 

The risk with DHGate is it's a minefield, you never quite know exactly what you're going to get, even if the seller has 200+ feedback's on the same item, you may get lucky or you may get a shitter. 

Obviously the majority of sellers on DHGate don't do QC checks on the watches they send out, so a misaligned marker etc can be common. You may be lucky, or unfortunately end up with a dud.

In saying this, DHG can be a fun time, but don't expect the same type of QC and service as our TD's.

Jasonbaylee

Glad that you got your watch. There are a myriad of different sellers there. Some don't even get to see and feel their watch on their wrist.

As said, our TDs are the best.

"There are more than 1 road to Rome...."

Jataganac

Cheers everyone. How would a Silix economy watch compare for this price point? Would it be much better?

brang1

$100 bucks from the gate, seriously, who gives a fuck. Its a minefield that you have to enter with a open mind. Its just a bit of fun. Want something decent save up and hit a TD from here. Or do some active posting. pay for a membership and buy from M2M, best place for a bargain hands down

vicad
Cheers everyone. How would a Silix economy watch compare for this price point? Would it be much better?
No, it will not be much better

You seem not willing to understand what the fellow members are trying to explain. If you don't want to pay a decent price, you won't get any decent rep. If you want a watch really close to the genuine one, buy the zf model and you will thank us for the advise.

Robert11

For the money it’s not bad at all. My biggest concern would be does it run reliably and what is the overall feel—solid or cheap? Mind sharing that with us? To me the biggest tell on this watch is the power reserve not overlapping the bottom of the 2 and top of the 4 like the gen. But if it runs ok and feels solid still a good buy for the money. Though if you look a little harder you can find it for about $80 with seller coupon.

Sent from my satellite phone.

Jataganac

Hi Robert

The Power Reserve is a known issue - this one has a working PR indicator. If you want it to overlap then you're stuck with a faux PR indicator. 

The feel of the watch is nice. It's got a good heft to it and the case and the dial have been done quite well, although it's annoying when the markers are not applied well. Can't be a perfectionist at this price point though.

I will need to adjust it - runs about 30 seconds fast per day. This doesn't bother me too much as it won't be worn every day. Whether or not it's reliable I don't know as I just got it. I was happy it wasn't DOA as I took a gamble knowing well that best way is to go through a TD.

Robert11

Well the lack of overlap is the biggest tell. If you can accept that I wouldn’t worry about the markers or DW. The markers don’t look that bad. Hell I’ve seen the $500 PF nautilus with much worse. The DW is not aligned that great but the white is actually correct.

As far as going through a TD it depends on what you are willing to accept for a specific watch. Quite frankly there are certain watches I want perfection and others to me are just meh so I rather not spend the money for incremental quality.

Sent from my satellite phone.