fakewatchironman

Wanker trying to sell fake 16610 as Gen Rolex Sub

tripdog123

You're right - I've just messaged him and his reply confirms it - a Grade A Wanker trying to sell a $90 rep on Ebay.

fatarms

Google search shows this serial number showed up on a fake gold Sub as well.  What an ass.

stevok2305

And reported!

TBG

If someone actually bought this on eBay and found out afterward it was fake, is there any recourse?

A lot of the watch ads state "guaranteed genuine, blah blah" but this guy doesn't actually go there. Just states it was an heirloom

fakewatchironman
22 minutes ago, TBG said:

If someone actually bought this on eBay and found out afterward it was fake, is there any recourse?

A lot of the watch ads state "guaranteed genuine, blah blah" but this guy doesn't actually go there. Just states it was an heirloom

Theft, fraud, and trademark counterfeiting.

TBG
6 minutes ago, fakewatchironman said:

Theft, fraud, and trademark counterfeiting.

I know these are the crimes the seller is committing (assuming they actually knew it was fake), but the buyer isn't the police. I was more wondering if eBay had any protections built in.

It reminds me of all the eBay listings when a new video game console comes out for "PS4 Box" and the ad will list several times "box only, no console" and some poor shmuck invariably buys it for $200+

fakewatchironman
59 minutes ago, TBG said:

I know these are the crimes the seller is committing (assuming they actually knew it was fake), but the buyer isn't the police. I was more wondering if eBay had any protections built in.

It reminds me of all the eBay listings when a new video game console comes out for "PS4 Box" and the ad will list several times "box only, no console" and some poor shmuck invariably buys it for $200+

Yeah... Ebay and paypal protect the buyer.  They usually don't protect the seller with a fraudulent buyer, but they protect the buyer quite well.  Good point.

fakewatchironman
1 hour ago, TBG said:

Just looked up Paypal's stock ticker after thinking about their business model and the've had quite the year!

https://finance.google.com/finance?q=paypal&ei=1JNvWvD7EJPEe-qhi9AP

Up over 100% and almost 150% since IPO

The guy who started Tesla and Solar City amongst other things like Space-X also started Paypal... Elon Musk

TBG
15 hours ago, fakewatchironman said:

The guy who started Tesla and Solar City amongst other things like Space-X also started Paypal... Elon Musk

Generations from now when people look back at the time we're living in, I bet people like Steve Jobs & Elon Musk will be the DaVinci's and Aristotle's of this time in history. Such forward thinking and seemingly capable of envisioning and creating entire industry