shadowmite

Planet Ocean 2016 43.5mm Titanium Grey Dial

shadowmite

I wanted to put up a review of the 2016 Planet Ocean Titanium with the grey dial from OM factory. Ordered from Ryan/In Time I originally got QC pics of the Stainless Steel model which is practically identical but stamped "Stainless Steel" instead of "Titanium" along with the "Ti" on the dial.  

First Impressions:

This is only my 3rd replica, however compared to the others this OM Factory rep comes in a higher standard including an Omega tag and Omega Serial/Warranty cards with the watch. This just elevated the initial sight to a whole new level. Ignore the fact the included tags refer to the Moonwatch's model number... Once handling the watch however I'd say the fit and finish is not as good as the Noob CrPO replicas with this model having more rough edges that by feel would identify it as a rep. That said, the AR is phenominal compared to the Noob CrPO and having owned a gen I have to say this AR is nearly perfect. The dial finish is also far better with the texture matching very well. Color, I'm not going to comment on since I'm partially color blind and may be missing hue variations - to me it looks pretty spot on.  Lume, pretty incredible - I'll have to add a picture of it, but suffice to say I'm quite happy with it out of the box unlike the CrPO which was very weak compared to a gen. Finally the rubber band, what can I say... I'd much rather have ordered with the bracelet and hope Ryan or someone might be able to source me just the metal band. The rubber is stiff and always too loose or too tight. When prying the band into the clasp the poor quality shows with split seams that the gen would not have.

Obvious flaws to the real watch:

1) Bezel ring is dull / ceramic instead of liquid metal like the gen.

2) Second hand is a little too short

Less Obvious things:

1) Movement beats at 28800 instead of the 25200 of the real 8900 calibre. Obviously this isn't changing anytime soon.

2) Misspellings on the back of the movement.

3) Weight - This titanium rep is made of stainless steel.

4) Ignore the fact my model as a slightly twisted "6" on the dial and two markers slightly unevenly placed. Annoying, but that's the game we play and I was quite happy otherwise.

OM-TI-2016-1.jpg

OM-TI-2016-2.jpgOM-TI-2016-3.jpg

OM-TI-2016-4.jpg

Glaude

Thanks for taking time to post nice pics and this write up !

It's clearly not my style of watch, but If you're happy with it, it's all good !

shadowmite

Yea, originally I wasn't a big fan of the orange flair, but it grows on you. Now I really like it. Other than the strap! Edited and added a lume pic now.