Nait04

Citizen Chronograph. (Seamaster homage?)

Nait04

Evening all.

I’m still finding my feet in the forums and in the short time I’ve been a member, it is the most addictive thing I have ever been a part of, I came off of FB around 8 years ago, and this is the only social network I need. Fellow people with a passion for all things watch related, there’s a huge amount of support with undertones of ruthless banter, which, to me, are not mutually exclusive :) what a site.  So thank you all for being so helpful and putting the ground work in so the minefield is a little easier to navigate as a newb. Noob. Nube. New person. I’ve stuck an order in with reg and I’ll update accordingly once it arrives. 

Anyway this is my first topic on this site, so none of this ‘go easy on me’ bull sh*t, the more ruthless the better, anyway, one of the joining instructions was to have fun, so game on. 

And this, arguably could be moved to homage...it’s certainly a tip of the hat to Omega this one. I’m sorry to those that have already seen this model, I have had it many years now, I got it from a reputable high street seller, the ones with an empire built on a catalogue of dreams and miniature pens... it’s the  Citizen CA0540-56L. When I started a new job a guy there was wearing a seamaster 300m professional in blue. First time I’d ever seen one and funnily enough it was the strap that caught my eye. 

And this was the inspiration for this purchase. It’s still around in store now, exclusive to them and I’ve seen them on second hand online retailers eBay etc, there are slight variations and possibly a newer one coming out to phase this one out with rectangular lume plots replacing the round ones. Personally I think it’s a great looking thing. The photos are from an iPhone 7 Plus and taken before I joined this site. I apologise for any filters in advance, I’ve included a few photos to capture the texture of the face. I really like the ripple-like circles on the chrono’s themselves, which appear to make the text/numbering float.

You can still pick this up for £149.99 or £99.99 new, depending on whether is on offer. I got it for the latter price and I think it’s rather nice for a sub £100.00 eco drive. Thank you for any comments in advance.  020_DB8_E5-_CCFB-442_C-_A8_AA-7_C4_F4_E9EDCFD6_BD-41_B8-4_B73-9433-_B5_A76_D6_AE350_C09_A6-56_B7-43_B9-_BDB2-_E175_E8_FE416_F3278-1634-4_F0_A-8_AAE-_EC55_D860446_C4347_DA-_FAD3-484_C-_AC17-555_DED7_AAC7_A0781_E-6461-43_F9-8_D09-_AC715_FFF55

GingerApple

FFS. This is ridiculous. This guy turns up, all nooby, all coy and with a 'you can be rough with me' attitude, them proceeds to knock a review out of the park - with nice photos to boot! Leaving me with nothing to criticise.  Nothing! I'm not happy. And he's a fucking VIP already!!!!

Don't do it again op.

Nait04
5 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

FFS. This is ridiculous. This guy turns up, all nooby, all coy and with a 'you can be rough with me' attitude, them proceeds to knock a review out of the park - with nice photos to boot! Leaving me with nothing to criticise.  Nothing! I'm not happy. And he's a fucking VIP already!!!!

Don't do it again op.

Where can I buy the best...... just kidding .

Thank you. I’m determined not to find myself on the gold list or on the receiving end of ‘popcorn eating’ GIF’s. 

Thanks for taking the time to read it.